The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anthrostudent
Hey I checked the flight prices, and they do seem cheaper but it's still quite expensive, I'm from Wiltshire too! I got an offer from Exeter which is a lot closer and a lot cheaper in terms of living and rent but it also hard making a decision! Are you definitely going to Durham?

Yeah, it's going to be my firm. With living costs, after first year it will be so much cheaper, so I'm hoping it will balance out overall. I thought about Exeter but I thought it might be a bit cut off from the rest of the country - I don't want to go even further South West! I heard Exeter was super pricey, like Durham? I dunno, Durham definitely isn't ideal though in some ways. I loved it too much to not go though!

I'm flying up with my boyfriend who is also going to Durham, and that made the flights a bit cheaper, so if you know of anyone else going for the open day etc. then it might help to book together.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
A*AA for maths :biggrin:
Following on from yesterday's excitement I re-read my offer on UCAS and it says that the college I am allocated to will contact me by March 1st. However, I was under the impression that only applicants who received an offer before February would find out by March 1st? Has anyone else had this? I just don't want to get my hopes up if I'm not actually going to hear by that date haha...
Original post by francesca2602
Following on from yesterday's excitement I re-read my offer on UCAS and it says that the college I am allocated to will contact me by March 1st. However, I was under the impression that only applicants who received an offer before February would find out by March 1st? Has anyone else had this? I just don't want to get my hopes up if I'm not actually going to hear by that date haha...

If they said by March 1st then it's by March 1st :smile:

Offer holders before February were guaranteed to be allocated by that date, which also means offer holders in February may also be allocated by then. They said somewhere that college allocations to later offer holders would still be allocated as soon as possible around 1st March

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann
If they said by March 1st then it's by March 1st :smile:

Offer holders before February were guaranteed to be allocated by that date, which also means offer holders in February may also be allocated by then. They said somewhere that college allocations to later offer holders would still be allocated as soon as possible around 1st March

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, thanks for answering! :smile:
Reply 625
Hey, all! I hope you are all doing well! I got an offer a week ago for Biological Sciences Integrated Masters (AAA) and thought I'd join in with this thread and chat with you all. I really was not expecting to get my offer because people in my sixth form with higher grades are getting rejected from standard courses so honestly, I'm over the moon at this point. I applied to Grey without putting a great deal of thought into colleges but I haven't heard back yet. Congrats to everyone else on their offers!
Original post by helwolf
Hey, all! I hope you are all doing well! I got an offer a week ago for Biological Sciences Integrated Masters (AAA) and thought I'd join in with this thread and chat with you all. I really was not expecting to get my offer because people in my sixth form with higher grades are getting rejected from standard courses so honestly, I'm over the moon at this point. I applied to Grey without putting a great deal of thought into colleges but I haven't heard back yet. Congrats to everyone else on their offers!

Congrats and welcome:congrats:
Has anyone received an allocation email? I've just got mine today.
Also, is anyone going to visit Durham for their open days? I'm considering it, so are there any prospective PPEists who'd like to go visit the uni? :smile:
I've been allocated to St. John's - has anybody else been allocated?
Original post by emzyyyyy
I've been allocated to St. John's - has anybody else been allocated?

I got into John's :smile: for physics! - it was my preferred choice
I've been allocated to Cuth's :smile:( the preferred choice) for MChemistry-anyone else?
I have been allocated to Trevs with Josephine Butler being my preferred choice - it's a shame but was already on the backfoot about firming Durham :/
Reply 632
Original post by zuzannag
Has anyone received an allocation email? I've just got mine today.
Also, is anyone going to visit Durham for their open days? I'm considering it, so are there any prospective PPEists who'd like to go visit the uni? :smile:

Not going for the open day, but I am a prospective PPEist

On a side note https://www.facebook.com/groups/611591455637752/ there :smile:

That's for everyone in Collingwood

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been allocated Josephine Butlers college with History :smile:
Allocated to Castle for law...beyond ecstatic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themancunian
I got into John's :smile: for physics! - it was my preferred choice

It was my first choice college as well!. Are you going to the residential post offer day?.
Allocated Castle for English Literature! (preferred choice)
Anyone else in University College? :smile:
Original post by emzyyyyy
It was my first choice college as well!. Are you going to the residential post offer day?.

Wooo! Yep! I'm going Tuesday and Wednesday, how about you?
Reply 638
I've been allocaed in Hatfield, not sure how to feel about that, I wanted to be in St. Chads....
Got a modern languages offer today! So relieved! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending