The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A

Just wondering how you guys are revising?? So overwhelmed with all the PSYA3 stuff to learn.
Oh by the way I should probably say what topics I'm studying -_-
Unit 3 - Aggression, relationships and eating behaviour (doing Anorexia)
Unit 4 - Schizophrenia, addiction, obviously research methods

Many thanks!!! :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Original post by izzipark96
Just wondering how you guys are revising?? So overwhelmed with all the PSYA3 stuff to learn.
Oh by the way I should probably say what topics I'm studying -_-
Unit 3 - Aggression, relationships and eating behaviour (doing Anorexia)
Unit 4 - Schizophrenia, addiction, obviously research methods

Many thanks!!! :smile:

Every person is different when revising but what gets me through any psychology unit is past papers. Past papers help you focus on what to learn and develop your exam skills, also looking at mark schemes once you have written the answer. Also if you do make notes I always think colourful, eye catching work helps.

Hope this helped :smile:
Hi, I'm studying psychology A at the moment, and find making notes from already marked essays ive written helps, then making essay plans from it and keep rewriting it, then reducing the amount of resources you use each time, e.g. Start with textbooks, your notes etc, then just your essay plan, then nothing
Hope that helps

P.s I've just been told by my teacher that the A03 should be more imbedded into the essay rather than in a paragraph at the end, do you know if this is true?
Reply 4
Original post by duckcrazy123
Hi, I'm studying psychology A at the moment, and find making notes from already marked essays ive written helps, then making essay plans from it and keep rewriting it, then reducing the amount of resources you use each time, e.g. Start with textbooks, your notes etc, then just your essay plan, then nothing
Hope that helps

P.s I've just been told by my teacher that the A03 should be more imbedded into the essay rather than in a paragraph at the end, do you know if this is true?

Thanks!
And that's what I've been told but what I do is make my AO3 a serparate paragraph and make it applicable to the question.
For example, if I'm talking about Eating behaviour and neural mechanisms, my point would be this:

However, hunger and eating may not purely be under neural control. For example, Lutter et al. found the body produces extra quantities of ghrelin when stress is experienced. This reduces depressive and anxious behaviours but also boosts appetite, leading to increased comfort eating. Therefore, this suggests that the control of hunger and eating is more complex that the interaction between the lateral hypothalamus and ventromedial hypothalamus.

Furthermore, this explanation is also reductionist. However, taking a reductionist approach may make a behaviour easier to investigate but it is at the risk of fully understanding a complex bodily process, which may mean potentially successful treatments for weight problems may not be developed.

Hope this helps but if it doesn't then you can message me :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by KateClarke
Every person is different when revising but what gets me through any psychology unit is past papers. Past papers help you focus on what to learn and develop your exam skills, also looking at mark schemes once you have written the answer. Also if you do make notes I always think colourful, eye catching work helps.

Hope this helped :smile:

Ahhh yeah. Thanks a lot! Doing the June 2014 papers now before mocks on the first week back! :smile:
Thanks!
And that's what I've been told but what I do is make my AO3 a serparate paragraph and make it applicable to the question.
For example, if I'm talking about Eating behaviour and neural mechanisms, my point would be this:

However, hunger and eating may not purely be under neural control. For example, Lutter et al. found the body produces extra quantities of ghrelin when stress is experienced. This reduces depressive and anxious behaviours but also boosts appetite, leading to increased comfort eating. Therefore, this suggests that the control of hunger and eating is more complex that the interaction between the lateral hypothalamus and ventromedial hypothalamus.

Furthermore, this explanation is also reductionist. However, taking a reductionist approach may make a behaviour easier to investigate but it is at the risk of fully understanding a complex bodily process, which may mean potentially successful treatments for weight problems may not be developed.

Hope this helps but if it doesn't then you can message me :smile:

Yes that really does thank you, I've been writing the whole essay and then putting the A03 in a separate paragraph at the end, so now I see that putting after research and not all together at the end would be better, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhh yeah. Thanks a lot! Doing the June 2014 papers now before mocks on the first week back! :smile:

Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much revision has people done already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest