The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

''If Allah knows (any) good in your hearts, he will give you (something) better than what was taken from you..''(Quran 8:70)
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy

Lmao! :rofl:

Loool now that's not nice

https://twitter.com/raztweets

This is the brothers twitter. Man's got some serious jokes.

His vines are also awesome
Lol that guys tweets are funny
Original post by IdeasForLife
I answered the last one. You may take it, you ask more interesting ones :biggrin:

Jzk!

Give the birth places of the 4 Imaams.
(edited 9 years ago)
'Some of the students of al-Buhlul said: A letter was handed to al-Buhlul so he opened it and it was in it:

"From a woman from Samarqand of Khurasan [near Afghanistan], I am a woman who committed all types of sins that no other ever committed, but turned to Allah and repented, and I asked about the worshippers living on earth so I was informed of four worshippers, one of them is al-Buhlul in Africa. O Buhlul, I ask you by Allah to invoke Allah for me so He maintain for me this guidance"

Upon reading this, the letter fell off the hands of al-Buhlul and he fell on his face weeping and crying
until he wet the letter with his tears then he said [blaming himself]:
O Buhlul! From Samarqand Khurasan [They know of you]? Woe to you if Allah did not cover you [i.e. conceal your faults and make you unknown]!

This story is a lesson to all those who seek knowledge to debate so and so or to give lectures and talks so people know him, or so that people approach him to ask him questions, or to be called a shaykh or a student of knowledge, and it is for those who dislike it when someone does not pay attention to what they say, or feel insulted when someone call them laypeople, and for those who learn but do not act upon what they learn, and for those whose knowledge did not increase the sense of fearing Allah in their hearts, for those who thinks knowledge is about memorizing and for those and for those...

May Allah engulf our hearts with His Mercy and write us amongst those who fear Him and act upon what they know for Imam al-Shafi'e said: Knowledge is not to memorize, rather to act upon it.
And Allah directs Whoever He likes to success.
(edited 9 years ago)
Those hijab pins are everywhere in my house

I always almost step on them :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Jzk!

Give the birth places of the 4 Imaams.

Imam Ahmad - Iraq (Baghdad)
Imam Abu Hanifah - Iraq, not sure which city
Imam Shafi'i - Palestine (Gaza)
Imam Malik - Madina
Peace be with you, and i begin in the name of Allah the most beneficient the most merciful, one whom we ultimately rely on, one with no partners in providing or ultimately controlling creation.

It is remarkable how Muhammed pbuh is accused of copying the Bible, when infact, you see a stark contrast between Prophets of God in the Quran VS the Bible.

Just look at the reaction of Job in the Bible , VS the Quran

You are free to research other Prophets, and do a cross comparison. The biblical narrative looks forged, man made , while the Quranic narrative seems an eye-witness account of the reaction of a prophet of God. Muhammed pbuh forged the bible? If he did, i would expect prophets to follow the same philosophy.

Bible says:

Job 3:1
1 After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth.
Job 10:2-3
2 I will say to God: Do not condemn me,
but tell me what charges you have against me. 3 Does it please you to oppress me,
to spurn the work of your hands,
while you smile on the schemes of the wicked?

Job 19:6-7
6 then know that God has wronged me
and drawn his net around me.

7 "Though I cry, 'I've been wronged!' I get no response;
though I call for help, there is no justice.

Job 24:1
1 "Why does the Almighty not set times for judgment?
Why must those who know him look in vain for such days?

Job 31:6
6 let God weigh me in honest scales
and he will know that I am blameless-

Job 34:9
9 For he says, 'It profits a man nothing
when he tries to please God.'

Quran says:
And make mention (O Muhammad) of Our bondman Job, when he cried unto his Lord (saying): Lo! the devil doth afflict me with distress and torment. (And it was said unto him): Strike the ground with thy foot. This (spring) is a cool bath and a refreshing drink.And We bestowed on him (again) his household and therewith the like thereof, a mercy from Us, and a memorial for men of understanding.And (it was said unto him): Take in thine hand a branch and smite therewith, and break not thine oath. Lo! We found him steadfast, how excellent a slave! Lo! he was ever turning in repentance (to his Lord).

And [mention] Job, when he called to his Lord, "Indeed, adversity has touched me, and you are the Most Merciful of the merciful."

Original post by themorninglight
Imam Ahmad - Iraq (Baghdad)
Imam Abu Hanifah - Iraq, not sure which city
Imam Shafi'i - Palestine (Gaza)
Imam Malik - Madina

It is notable here to say, Imam Malik lived in the land which Muhammed pbuh spent a lot of his time as a leader in. The other area's were far from him, and therefore historically you notice differences in the way he placed his hands in Salah, as a pose to other geographical regions. While some of the Imams did migrate to Medina, geo-cultural differences may already have had some affect on them within the vicinity they grew up in.
(edited 9 years ago)
When i look at stories of the Prophets , peace be upon them all, in the Quran vs in the Bible, i see quite a stark contrast. The stories in the Quran have a purpose, the Prophets pbut are the epitome of morality, always return to God, never accuse me, whereas in the bible, you get these long narratives which really seem to have no aim of guidance and often presents prophets in a less than acceptable fashion.

It is yet another remarkable thing about Muhammed pbuh, and the Quran, that he is described of forging the bible yet the Qurans philosophy is entirely different. It would only make sense for revelation which was once God to bear names and vague details of prophets despite being corrupted, which is the case with the Bible. However, it really is a masterstroke to introduce a far more logical philosophy.

Prophets of God are the best of society.

They have stories worth narrating which give moral values and lessons.

They do not commit gross indecent acts.
I have a horrible phobia of blood. Please don't post pics with blood. It makes me very sick subhanAllah.
Original post by Incredible97
''No father can give his child anything better than good manners''.(Tirmidhi)

SubhanAllah.
I'm studying pharmacology as part of my course. Part of it talks about anticholinesterases inhibiting muscarinic activity. At the same time, it talks about a block when you have very high doses.

Now, someone might say it's a contradiction! At one point you say anticholinesterases increase activity, and on the other hand you say it blocks!

This is how unholistic people get when criticizing the Quran. You need to look at the context explained, the conditions, and look at it holistically or you are only fooling yourself and may be held accountable for that.

They read one verse, without a context, despite the verse after clarifying.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
It is notable here to say, Imam Malik lived in the land which Muhammed pbuh spent a lot of his time as a leader in. The other area's were far from him, and therefore historically you notice differences in the way he placed his hands in Salah, as a pose to other geographical regions. While some of the Imams did migrate to Medina, geo-cultural differences may already have had some affect on them within the vicinity they grew up in.

Mmm. Allahu a'lam

Btw there are some very brief but interesting article summaries of the lives of the 4 imams on lostislamichistory.com if anyone is interested.
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

I'm a very old member... You guys might consider me a dinosaur :smile: Just remembered this site and thought I'd drop by to say Salaam.

Shaykh Hesham al Awadhi has an awesome series of lectures about the 4 Imams and how they were as people. Very interesting, you can find it here:

http://www.kalamullah.com/hesham-alawadi.html
I also recommend Sheikh Hamzah yusufs lecture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6vobY94XkE

Don't agree with all of it, but it atleast presents a more balanced view than what i think is currently believed.
How old are you guys btw?

Latest

Trending

Trending