The Student Room Group

Have you started revising for May/june exams?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aranlong
I have been revising 1-2 hours a day for most of this academic year but today is my first day of "Oh crap, exams are soon" revision, Hoping for 6+ hours a day for this half term and 3+ on school days. It's almost over, I'm not going to throw away all this effort on the home stretch, Unless a new series comes out on netflix :frown:

What level are you studying at?
Original post by BryonyG98
What level are you studying at?

A2 :smile:
I'm starting tomorrow..had a messed up weekend so i needed today to recuperate but its 6 hours a day starting tomorrow..3 in the morning..3 in the evening..thank god i'm on half term.:biggrin:
Please can someone give me advice?! I'm panicking right now because I don't know whether to revise the topics we're currently doing or go over ones we did months ago, for revision!! (AS level)
Im doing 3 As levels (Bio, Chem, Psy) this may/june. If my work grade is around a D/C atm can I pull that up to an A/B come exam season? Or is it too late, and if not how much work is really needed? :eek:
Original post by Harryeto
Im doing 3 As levels (Bio, Chem, Psy) this may/june. If my work grade is around a D/C atm can I pull that up to an A/B come exam season? Or is it too late, and if not how much work is really needed? :eek:

For starters it's never too late. You can pull that up. I started revision for my AS Levels in early April last year and in just a month i got CCCD,despite the fact that when i started revising i knew next to nothing. Aim to do around 3 hours a school day and 6 hours on a weekend day,1 hour for each subject and 2 hours respectively,and you should be able to meet your A/B aim before the exams.
Original post by Lularose83
Please can someone give me advice?! I'm panicking right now because I don't know whether to revise the topics we're currently doing or go over ones we did months ago, for revision!! (AS level)

IM IN THE SAME BOAT. SOMEONE HELP:confused:
Original post by Tan1234
IM IN THE SAME BOAT. SOMEONE HELP:confused:

Revise the topics you did before because the ones you're doing now should be more fresh in your mind.
When would it be best to start revising?

P.S my exams are in May/June
Original post by Gazzaaa
When would it be best to start revising?

P.S my exams are in May/June
You're choice it depends on the person I'd say 3 months is enough for anyone to get A's unless you are really dull then it may take longer or you could be really worried so you started early but the earlier the better but i'd say too early is bad. I would suggest to leave a month for hardcore revision to do past papers in.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have buckets of motivation for revision over half term, I'm just worried that I won't have time/energy once school starts again.
Reply 251
Is it possible to get 95% in Maths, Physics, Economics and Further Maths in 2months?
Original post by fbrep2012
Anyone else heavily procrastinating? Who has got into a consistent pattern of revision?

I've been procrastinating like hell since January because every time I even think about revision, I'm just like, I have 3 months. But I started today after I realised that if I don't work hard, I'm not going to get the grades I want. I think imaging amazing grades and how happy you're going to be IF you revise helps.

My problem is when I sit down and revise, I feel like I'm not going anything because I remember it all (we had our Mocks in Dec). I neeeed some motivation.
Original post by tim_kingwizard
For starters it's never too late. You can pull that up. I started revision for my AS Levels in early April last year and in just a month i got CCCD,despite the fact that when i started revising i knew next to nothing. Aim to do around 3 hours a school day and 6 hours on a weekend day,1 hour for each subject and 2 hours respectively,and you should be able to meet your A/B aim before the exams.

Thanks for the info :smile:
Memorise notes and 3 textbooks:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harryeto
Thanks for the info :smile:

Happy to help. I'm starting my revision for my A2 in about 5 minutes. :biggrin:
Yup but I have mocks in 3 weeks so yeah......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em211997
Yup but I have mocks in 3 weeks so yeah......

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Luck :biggrin:
Original post by Awais A
Good Luck :biggrin:

Original post by em211997

I had mine in Jan I never knew some people are still doing mocks.

Quick Reply