Original post by The Green Manalishi
How old are you guys btw?

Most of us here are 16-22

Ankabout is in her late 20s tho :yes:

Why you ask bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
It is notable here to say, Imam Malik lived in the land which Muhammed pbuh spent a lot of his time as a leader in. The other area's were far from him, and therefore historically you notice differences in the way he placed his hands in Salah, as a pose to other geographical regions. While some of the Imams did migrate to Medina, geo-cultural differences may already have had some affect on them within the vicinity they grew up in.

It is not notable really unless you plan to launch a discussion on the usool of the madhaahib.

Moreover, this post is over simplifying the issue to the point of being deceptive of the position of the Malki madhab, what is narrated from Imam Malik (raheemahullah) and indeed the exact position of the other 3 madhaahib.
(edited 9 years ago)
Make the Quran your best friend, the more you sit with it, the more it honours you, gives you its secrets and elevates your status.
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

I'm a very old member... You guys might consider me a dinosaur :smile: Just remembered this site and thought I'd drop by to say Salaam.

Shaykh Hesham al Awadhi has an awesome series of lectures about the 4 Imams and how they were as people. Very interesting, you can find it here:

http://www.kalamullah.com/hesham-alawadi.html

Wa alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullah

You left shortly before i arrived.

Heshaam al-Awadhy is awesome. His series on "Children around the Prophet" I found very interesting.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
It is not notable really unless you plan to launch a discussion on the usool of the madhaahib.

Moreover, this post is over simplifying the issue to the point of being deceptive of the position of the Malki madhab, what is narrated from Imam Malik (raheemahullah) and indeed the exact position of the other 3 madhaahib.

It isn't oversimplifying the issue, merely giving an opinion of one of the many factors that led to the changes in how we put our hands in Salah.

Historically speaking, there were already many forged hadiths in existence by this time, and hence the more obvious elements of prayer - such as how to put your hands during Salah, were more likely adhered to closer by people who lived with the Prophet pbuh, rather than those who moved away and were subject to geo-socio-political changes.

Imam Malik intended to use the way of the madina residents. I just think i would trust how they placed their hands, as well as Imam Jaffer Sadiq a.s who also lived with Imam Malik in Medina also placing his hands as Imam Malik did.

It is only one possible - not definite- variable among the many variables.

But i'll leave that for another time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lets not complain why Allah does not grant our wishes immediately, but lets thank Allah that He does not punish us immediately for our sins.
Original post by Incredible97
Lets not complain why Allah does not grant our wishes immediately, but lets thank Allah that He does not punish us immediately for our sins.

Beautiful, Alhamdullilah!
Sorry about the blood.

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

I'm a very old member... You guys might consider me a dinosaur :smile: Just remembered this site and thought I'd drop by to say Salaam.

Shaykh Hesham al Awadhi has an awesome series of lectures about the 4 Imams and how they were as people. Very interesting, you can find it here:

http://www.kalamullah.com/hesham-alawadi.html

Wa 'alaikumasalam Wa rahmatullah wa barakatu,

Jazak Allahu Khairan
We're taught to accept death as a part of life. Don't fear death, fear the state we will die in. May Allah grant us all an honourable ending
"Which act in Islam is the best?" He SAW replied, "To give food, and to greet everyone, whether you know or you do not." (Bukhari)
Original post by Tawheed
It isn't oversimplifying the issue, merely giving an opinion of one of the many factors that led to the changes in how we put our hands in Salah.

Historically speaking, there were already many forged hadiths in existence by this time, and hence the more obvious elements of prayer - such as how to put your hands during Salah, were more likely adhered to closer by people who lived with the Prophet pbuh, rather than those who moved away and were subject to geo-socio-political changes.

Imam Malik intended to use the way of the madina residents. I just think i would trust how they placed their hands, as well as Imam Jaffer Sadiq a.s who also lived with Imam Malik in Medina also placing his hands as Imam Malik did.

It is only one possible - not definite- variable among the many variables.

But i'll leave that for another time.

I'm afraid it is, as i will demonstrate insha'Allah by asking the following questions which i would be grateful if you can answer without searching up the answers.

1. How many opinions are narrated from Imam Malik on the matter?
2. In which ways have the jursits reconciled between the opinions, (if they have)?
3. To what extent do the other madhaahib place weight on amal ahl al madinah?
4. To what extent do maliki jurists say the other opinions of placing of the hand are grounded in the sunnah?
5. Was Imam Malik aware of ahadeeth on sadl and qabd?

You are of course, not obliged to answer the questions but believe me when I say the issue is immensely complicated and what you have stated about Imam Malik, a'mal ahl al madinah and hadeeth is a oversimplification of the issue.

Moreover, I can not remember the exact numbers but i recall a significant number of the sahaaba (can't remember if majority or not) being buried outside of Madinah to teach those outside of madinah and should not this opinion you put forth to be where were the most significant concentration of ahl al-Bayt rather than the sahaaba as you believe that they are the most trustworthy in conveying the sunnah?

To be quite honest i believe this issue to be a very minor issue (that is, the placing of the hands in Salah) but believe that your original post was an oversimplification and would ask you to leave the issue to a side or expand on you post and on the issue from more than one perspective with more than one opinion but that might be venturing beyong our abilities to discuss.
(edited 9 years ago)
[video="youtube;T4n1XQ5ESIE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4n1XQ5ESIE[/video]
Walaykum Asalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

:smile:

----

I've just sat down and read the Quran and tafsir to Surah Ar-Rum. It was one of the surahs which stood out for me and it's purpose. I'll be writing about it now, so it will take a while :smile:
Allah, give me eyes that see the best in people, heart that forgives the worst, mind that forgets the bad, soul that never loses faith. Ameen
Discussing issues of fiqh on sites like this is pointless, leave it to the scholars InshaAllah.
A true believer is one whose face wears a smile even though his heart is distressed. Ya Allah make us true believers in every aspect. Ameen
Don't judge people. It may be that Allah will forgive them for their ignorance and hold U accountable 4 yr arrogance. ~ Prophet's teachings
When making dua, place your hopes on Allah alone, and acknowledge within your heart that Allah is your only benefactor.
Nabi SAW said, "Blessed is he who has seen me, but 7 times blessed is he who has not seen me but has believed in me." (Tirmidhi)

Latest

Trending

Trending