The Student Room Group

He didn't ask me on a date for Valentines

1. He already went off onto one about not needing a day to prove he has feelings for someone.
2. I wasn't expecting anything.
3. He's not my boyfriend
4. If he was my boyfriend and ticked every box it wouldn't bother me if we didn't do anything.

My friend just asked if he took me anywhere and says if he is trying to make an impression then he should have made an effort, especially as its early days. I've never received a card, a gift or been taken out for Valentines day and I have never thought it meant the person I was seeing at the time wasn't interested. Of course it would be nice to do something, but I think its more for when I'm in a relationship.

What are your thoughts?
Reply 1
I'm not really too sure what you mean?

You aren't together, and he might just be shy which is why he didn't take you out?
Reply 2
Original post by AdamCee
I'm not really too sure what you mean?

You aren't together, and he might just be shy which is why he didn't take you out?

Oh sugar, my post makes zero sense. I mean my friends says the guy I'm dating should have made an effort for valentines day, to show he likes me..
If you are "seeing each other" then please be assured he took someone on a date and maybe it's a little more casual than you may think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Taylor Swift didn't ask me out either. So pissed off.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Oh sugar, my post makes zero sense. I mean my friends says the guy I'm dating should have made an effort for valentines day, to show he likes me..

Ah I see.
Well... He did say about how he doesn't need one day to prove his love etc, I know a few people with a similar mentality. Did you drop any hints for/against Valentines?

Or maybe he was just a bit nervy? Personally I wouldn't think much of it tbh... Assuming he was making effort in general?
Reply 6
Original post by SquareBrackets
Taylor Swift didn't ask me out either. So pissed off.

She's not into asian dudes with cheap audis....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
But he's not your boyfriend. And it's early days, why would he take you out? Isn't it too much too soon?
It's a day about 'love', he doesn't love you. He probably doesn't know if he really likes you or just likes you.

Give it time.
Original post by elhm1800
She's not into asian dudes with cheap audis....

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're too stupid to even get my post lol

Such a keyboard warrior.
Reply 9
Original post by catsis
But he's not your boyfriend. And it's early days, why would he take you out? Isn't it too much too soon?
It's a day about 'love', he doesn't love you. He probably doesn't know if he really likes you or just likes you.

Give it time.

Thanks that what I said to my friend. My friend seemed to make a big issue about it and got me thinking.
Original post by AdamCee
Ah I see.
Well... He did say about how he doesn't need one day to prove his love etc, I know a few people with a similar mentality. Did you drop any hints for/against Valentines?

Or maybe he was just a bit nervy? Personally I wouldn't think much of it tbh... Assuming he was making effort in general?

Nope, I just joked about going to see 50 shades of grey with him on Valentines day. He makes an effort when we go on dates, if he didn't then I'd have a problem. My friend kept making it into an issue of it and got me thinking.
Original post by Golland19
If you are "seeing each other" then please be assured he took someone on a date and maybe it's a little more casual than you may think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks young man. Maybe just maybe, or maybe some people don't celebrate Valentine's day.. just a thought.
Nope, I just joked about going to see 50 shades of grey with him on Valentines day. He makes an effort when we go on dates, if he didn't then I'd have a problem. My friend kept making it into an issue of it and got me thinking.

Tbh I think your friend is creating unnecessary drama. As long as he's making a reasonable effort generally, there shouldn't be a problem imo.

But if it really is troubling you, bring it up with him?
Original post by AdamCee
Tbh I think your friend is creating unnecessary drama. As long as he's making a reasonable effort generally, there shouldn't be a problem imo.

But if it really is troubling you, bring it up with him?

Yeah I've done that :smile: he took the hint and changed the subject
Went out on Valentine's day with the GF and some friends. Had a great ight out and was disturbed to see so
Many miserable looking couples going through the motions.

Valentine's is marketing gimmick.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Went out on Valentine's day with the GF and some friends. Had a great ight out and was disturbed to see so
Many miserable looking couples going through the motions.

Valentine's is marketing gimmick.

That sucks. Unfortunately I witnessed a friend of mine out for valentines day with her husband and I wanted to kidnap her. She too looked so miserable :frown:
That sucks. Unfortunately I witnessed a friend of mine out for valentines day with her husband and I wanted to kidnap her. She too looked so miserable :frown:

I'm saying valentines day is for people's with no imiagination.
Reply 17
1. He already went off onto one about not needing a day to prove he has feelings for someone.
2. I wasn't expecting anything.
3. He's not my boyfriend
4. If he was my boyfriend and ticked every box it wouldn't bother me if we didn't do anything.

My friend just asked if he took me anywhere and says if he is trying to make an impression then he should have made an effort, especially as its early days. I've never received a card, a gift or been taken out for Valentines day and I have never thought it meant the person I was seeing at the time wasn't interested. Of course it would be nice to do something, but I think its more for when I'm in a relationship.

What are your thoughts?

Going out on valentines day is a a lot of pressure! You're surrounded by all of these supposedly in love couples and if you're in the early days of a relationship it can feel a bit much.
Basically, I agree that valentines is more for couples and it doesn't mean he isn't interested if he didn't buy you a card etc
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rimmie
Going out on valentines day is a a lot of pressure! You're surrounded by all of these supposedly in love couples and if you're in the early days of a relationship it can feel a bit much.
Basically, I agree that valentines is more for couples and it doesn't mean he isn't interested if he didn't buy you a card etc

Haha I hear you, thanks for your response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending