The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clo1996
Thanks for your help, my interview is tomorrow and i'm super nervous! where was yours? x

You are most welcome. I've had both my interviews (I only applied to 3 unis). I had salford on the 5th (not heard yet) and Manchester on the 11th (got an offer on the 13th). Don't be nervous, be yourself, be passionate and smile :smile: good luck! :smile: where's yours? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SezEquestrian
You are most welcome. I've had both my interviews (I only applied to 3 unis). I had salford on the 5th (not heard yet) and Manchester on the 11th (got an offer on the 13th). Don't be nervous, be yourself, be passionate and smile :smile: good luck! :smile: where's yours? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done on your offer! Mine is at mmu, what was asked at yours? x
Original post by Clo1996
well done on your offer! Mine is at mmu, what was asked at yours? x

Thank you! Mmu... Only uni I was rejected outright from haha, can't win em all! Well it's hard to predict what they might ask you... General things like
. Why do you want to be a nurse
. Why this uni
And other things like scenarios, healthcare in the news, how your life has prepared you to be a nurse etc. as long as you're passionate and relax you'll do fine :smile: group interviews aren't at all scary :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Mmu... Only uni I was rejected outright from haha, can't win em all! Well it's hard to predict what they might ask you... General things like
. Why do you want to be a nurse
. Why this uni
And other things like scenarios, healthcare in the news, how your life has prepared you to be a nurse etc. as long as you're passionate and relax you'll do fine :smile: group interviews aren't at all scary :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

mines a one to one interview and a written task about the core values of the nhs x
Original post by Clo1996
mines a one to one interview and a written task about the core values of the nhs x

Wow, Id heard mmu still did group interviews! Well both mine were different. Salford had: English and Maths tests, both group and individual interviews. Whereas Manchester had presentations, English and maths tests, finishing up with a group interview :smile: you'll do fine honestly :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, Id heard mmu still did group interviews! Well both mine were different. Salford had: English and Maths tests, both group and individual interviews. Whereas Manchester had presentations, English and maths tests, finishing up with a group interview :smile: you'll do fine honestly :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

this one just says a written task so hopefully no maths test! my friend had a interview their last week and she didnt receive a place, she had better experience than me so im worried lol x
Original post by Clo1996
this one just says a written task so hopefully no maths test! my friend had a interview their last week and she didnt receive a place, she had better experience than me so im worried lol x

Every uni ive heard of or interviewed at had some form of a maths test so Id refresh my memory if I were you. Better to be over prepared right? :smile: good luck! Awww that sucks :frown: I hope you get one! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every uni ive heard of or interviewed at had some form of a maths test so Id refresh my memory if I were you. Better to be over prepared right? :smile: good luck! Awww that sucks :frown: I hope you get one! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldnt they tell you if they were going to do a maths test as it told me they would do a written one and my friend said they didnt, and thanks me too ! x
Original post by Clo1996
Wouldnt they tell you if they were going to do a maths test as it told me they would do a written one and my friend said they didnt, and thanks me too ! x

True they probably would :smile: my friend got into Mmu years ago and that's what I'm basing my judgements off haha. It's definitely changed :smile: you'll do fine im sure :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
True they probably would :smile: my friend got into Mmu years ago and that's what I'm basing my judgements off haha. It's definitely changed :smile: you'll do fine im sure :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

what did u say for why that uni.xx
Original post by Clo1996
what did u say for why that uni.xx

I regurgitated information about stats, employment rates, student life and that I felt Id fit in to the amazing atmosphere there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I regurgitated information about stats, employment rates, student life and that I felt Id fit in to the amazing atmosphere there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, thanks for all your help xx
Original post by Clo1996
Great, thanks for all your help xx

No problem :smile: hope it helps you tomorrow! Good luck and I really hope you get in :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got interviews at Salford, Nottingham and Swansea coming up over the next couple of months. I was scared before, but after reading the posts on here i'm now terrified. If I'm asked to do a presentation I think I might faint lol. And as for a maths test...... yikes!
Can't be any more nervous than me ! Mines tomorrow !!
Anyone heard back from queens, ulster or dmu? Hate the wait! :confused:
Original post by janec1
Anyone heard back from queens, ulster or dmu? Hate the wait! :confused:

It took DMU three months to get back to me 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck tomorrow! Hope it goes well for you.
I'm still waiting to hear from Queens and Magee too.
Original post by MissClarabelle
I've got interviews at Salford, Nottingham and Swansea coming up over the next couple of months. I was scared before, but after reading the posts on here i'm now terrified. If I'm asked to do a presentation I think I might faint lol. And as for a maths test...... yikes!

Good luck at salford! I've had one there... Maths test was trying... 30 questions in 20 minutes, Non-Calculator :smile: it's the timings that are tough. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending