The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Durham College Allocation Thread (for 2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sapphire321
What do you need explained? :smile:

I'll be flying from Ireland but my dad is looking to come to have a look around too, would it be possible for him to come with me (I'm flying over and back on the Tuesday so I won't be staying at the college)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by noumenon
I have an offer to study PPE, was allocated to Trevelyan college (applied to st.chads). Don't think I'll firm or insurance durham tbh.

Do you mind if I ask why? I've been allocated to St. Aidan's for PPE. I'm still making up my mind about putting Durham as one of my choices.
Original post by noumenon
I actually live v v close to Durham and know it extremely well, so it's not exactly pushing my boundaries. Also as Durham is a*aa it would have to be a firm, but I have offers for aaa from unis I like more.
However I would completely recommend Durham. It beautiful and chilled, and only a £4 train ride from Newcastle.

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by meiramia
Thank you! :smile:

You're welcome 👍
Original post by 12ayresy
Just looked and I've been allocated my preference, Hatfield :biggrin: Posted from TSR Mobile

All about the Hatfield! :cool:
Original post by JohnLFC
Politics, I think there are quite a few flatscreens in Hatfield as well, would be great to have Champions league next season! Hope we find many Liverpool supporters!

I'm from N.Ireland, but as we sing...

'Scousers here,
Scousers there,
Scousers.......'
Van Mildert for Law.

Will firm Durham if I don't get an offer from King's.
Only gone and got allocated to Castle, really chuffed with that
Original post by AnnaBanana<3
Allocated to St Cuthbert's XD....anyone else?:smile:

Me too!!
St Johns (first choice!)
Reply 190
Got reallocated from Collingwood to Grey. I'm devastated because I really wanted Collingwood and Grey doesn't look great. Does anyone know how colleges decide who they want and who to reallocate? Or is it random?
Original post by UT97
Got reallocated from Collingwood to Grey. I'm devastated because I really wanted Collingwood and Grey doesn't look great. Does anyone know how colleges decide who they want and who to reallocate? Or is it random?

They have a set number of places for students they they can take doing a certain course. If they are oversubscribed they choose randomly, but I don't know how they then choose which college to put you in, sorry :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by winter97
Me too!!

Cuth's here,too:smile: What are you gonna study?
Original post by trubadur
Cuth's here,too:smile: What are you gonna study?

Geology, you?
Geology, you?

Wow,nice:smile:MChemistry(Industrial)
Wow,nice:smile:MChemistry(Industrial)

Are you going to the open day? I'm so excited, now we have been allocated our colleges!! :smile: Was St Cuthbert's your first choice?
Unfortunately, I will not go to the open day.I am from Bucharest Romania and the effort would be too big:wink:.
Yes, it was my choice, and I'm very happy I was allocated at Cuth's:five:
Unfortunately, I will not go to the open day.I am from Bucharest Romania and the effort would be too big:wink:.
Yes, it was my choice, and I'm very happy I was allocated at Cuth's:five:

Yes maybe the distance is just a little too far to travel :wink:
Yes maybe the distance is just a little too far to travel :wink:

The event is mostly dedicated to the British applicants who are not decided yet or just curious the find out a bit earlier, where and how they will spend the next 3-4 years:smile:
Originally applied to University, got allocated to Hatfield - still looks great, pretty happy

Offer for PPE - anyone going to the open day at Hatfield?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending