The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

I have interview for queens
Original post by SezEquestrian
Good luck at salford! I've had one there... Maths test was trying... 30 questions in 20 minutes, Non-Calculator :smile: it's the timings that are tough. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh flip. It's been about 18yrs since I studied maths! So let's just say I bought myself a revision book and will be glued to it over the next fortnight. Luck...I need a miracle lol
Original post by MissClarabelle
Oh flip. It's been about 18yrs since I studied maths! So let's just say I bought myself a revision book and will be glued to it over the next fortnight. Luck...I need a miracle lol

I'm not gonna lie it was tough to work it out in that time without a calculator :smile:. Bit of revision and im sure you'll do fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shannon_1997
It took DMU three months to get back to me 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive been waiting around 2 months now and thought it has been long, did you receive an interview/offer? :biggrin:
Original post by MissClarabelle
I've got interviews at Salford, Nottingham and Swansea coming up over the next couple of months. I was scared before, but after reading the posts on here i'm now terrified. If I'm asked to do a presentation I think I might faint lol. And as for a maths test...... yikes!

Hey, I just saw this and thought i'd reassure you! I'm fairly sure when they said 'presentations' they meant the staff on the day normally give you a small talk on the course and the uni etc, so don't be too nervous! :smile:
Hey :smile:

I got an offer a couple of weeks ago to study Adult Nursing at Middlesex university.

I was wondering if anyone else is planning on studying there in September. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BellaPembers
Has anyone been invited back to Southampton to re-do the Maths and English test to improve scores? x

Have you heard back at all? I had my interview for Adult 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything :frown:
Original post by lucyva7
Have you heard back at all? I had my interview for Adult 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything :frown:

When I went to Soton, they said if you've not heard back within 3 weeks give them a call? :/ x
Original post by janec1
Anyone heard back from queens, ulster or dmu? Hate the wait! :confused:

DMU took roughly two-three months to offer me an interview but gave me an offer the day after the interview which I really liked because most people got their offers so quickly after too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyva7
Hey, I just saw this and thought i'd reassure you! I'm fairly sure when they said 'presentations' they meant the staff on the day normally give you a small talk on the course and the uni etc, so don't be too nervous! :smile:

Aw thank you! I am so nervous. Job interviews are bad enough. I'm so long out of education :/
Has anyone been offered a place at Wolverhampton Uni for Child Nursing? I have and was wondering if anyone else has and if they know what the N1 placement means

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fairplaytoyou
DMU took roughly two-three months to offer me an interview but gave me an offer the day after the interview which I really liked because most people got their offers so quickly after too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thats good then, congrats!! Is it your first choice? Hopefully I hear from them soon
Original post by babyshawte
Hey :smile:

I got an offer a couple of weeks ago to study Adult Nursing at Middlesex university.

I was wondering if anyone else is planning on studying there in September. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long after your interview did you get a offer? I had mine on the 5th feb and still haven't heard anything. Starting to panic now
Original post by Lucyc87
How long after your interview did you get a offer? I had mine on the 5th feb and still haven't heard anything. Starting to panic now

Don't panic, some unis take a while. I had an interview at Salford on the 5th and still haven't heard anything. But they said it could take til the end of March to hear back. If you're worried, email the uni and ask them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SezEquestrian
Don't panic, some unis take a while. I had an interview at Salford on the 5th and still haven't heard anything. But they said it could take til the end of March to hear back. If you're worried, email the uni and ask them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I've emailed admissions today :smile: they said 1-2 weeks at the interview and it will be 2 weeks on Thursday. Just worried that it's bad news.
Not necessarily. It just means that you're in the middle with a lot of applicants. They tell the lower end straight away that they're rejected and a couple of outstanding ones that they've got an offer. I'm still waiting for Salford but I'm relaxed knowing I'm still with a chance as I haven't been rejected yet. Fingers crossed for you :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received an interview for queens, anyone else?:smile:
Yeah I got one on saturday:smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jac800K
All the best in yours too! I've got an offer from Southamton for dual adult and child, I've got the Notts interview, and Liverpool uni next week! Just waiting for Cardiff now :smile: Where else have you applied?

have you had your notts interview?
Original post by kirstyboobyer
Yeah I got one on saturday:smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile

For queens?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending