The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

And whoever remains patient, Allah will make him patient. Nobody can be given a blessing better and greater than patience [Bukhari]
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Abu'l Faraj?

Yep, correct.

Your question.
"Hold yourself accountable before you are held accountable, and weigh your deeds before they are weighed for you."
In Jannah are things an eye has never seen, an ear has never heard, and a mind can't even imagine [Bukhari]
Fasting isn't just about not eating. Control your tongue. Don't let one moment ruin your fast.
water, when he washes his hands, every sin they wrought is erased from his hands with the water, and when he washes his feet
When I want Allah to hear me, I make dua. But when I want to hear Allah, I read Quran. [Ali ibn abi talib]
As long as u are performing prayer,u are knocking at the door of Allah & whoever is knocking at the door of Allah, He will open it for him."
Life is made up of 3 days:yesterday has gone with all that was done;tomorrow,u may never reach;but today is 4 u so do what u should do today.
Original post by jenkinsear
Out of random interest, what does all of this mean/refer to?

Sorry for the late reply; I see your question has been replied to. Fell free to ask questions here, or on the ask about Islam thread :smile:

Original post by beautifulxxx
That moment in life when you read a book on sins, or you listen to a lecture on hell, or you contemplate the torment of the grave, and you think...it is official. I'm done. Done.
Can't match a single thing the sahabah did. Don't posses a tenth of the knowledge scholars had. Hardly have kushoo in salah. Salah. The greatest act of worship. Are we even worthy of mercy? SubhanAllah. May Allah forgive us all.

وعن أنس ، رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏” سمعت رسول الله ، صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول‏:‏ “قال الله تعالى‏:‏ يا ابن آدم، إنك ما دعوتني ورجوتني غفرت لك على ما كان منك ولا أبالي، يا أبن آدم، لو بلغت ذنوبك عنان السماء، ثم استغفرتني غفرت لك ، يا ابن آدم، إنك لو أتيتنى بقراب الأرض خطايا، ثم لقيتني لا تشرك به شيئاً، لأتيتك بقرابها مغفرة‏"
Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: 'O son of adam, I forgive you as long as you pray to Me and hope for My forgiveness, whatever sins you have committed. O son of 'Adam, I do not care if your sins reach the height of the heaven, then you ask for my forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of 'Adam, if you come to Me with an earth load of sins, and meet Me associating nothing to Me, I would match it with an earthload of forgiveness."'

Original post by The Green Manalishi
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

I'm a very old member... You guys might consider me a dinosaur :smile: Just remembered this site and thought I'd drop by to say Salaam.

Shaykh Hesham al Awadhi has an awesome series of lectures about the 4 Imams and how they were as people. Very interesting, you can find it here:

http://www.kalamullah.com/hesham-alawadi.html

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, welcome back akhi. Woah, 2005 :eek:

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
It is not notable really unless you plan to launch a discussion on the usool of the madhaahib.

Moreover, this post is over simplifying the issue to the point of being deceptive of the position of the Malki madhab, what is narrated from Imam Malik (raheemahullah) and indeed the exact position of the other 3 madhaahib.

^This. And this again.

Original post by Incredible97
We're taught to accept death as a part of life. Don't fear death, fear the state we will die in. May Allah grant us all an honourable ending

A true believer is one whose face wears a smile even though his heart is distressed. Ya Allah make us true believers in every aspect. Ameen

Ya Allah, make us good Muslims, upright in our deen, forgive our sins and unite us with our beloved ones in Jannah-tul-Firdaus. Ameen.

Ameen

Life is made up of 3 days:yesterday has gone with all that was done;tomorrow,u may never reach;but today is 4 u so do what u should do today.

I read this a few days ago - can't remember who's quote it is :biggrin:
Original post by themorninglight
Yep, correct.

Your question.

Gotta know my hanbali Imaams

Name 2 extinct madhaahib and their imaams
وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ ۖ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ ۖ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided.

[Surah al-Baqarah]

Imam Ahmad رحمه الله recorded Abu Sa`id رضي الله عنه saying that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said:

«مَا مِنْ مُسْلِمٍ يَدْعُو اللهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ بِدَعْوَةٍ لَيْسَ فِيها إِثْمٌ ولَا قَطِيعَةُ رَحِمٍ، إلَّا أَعْطَاهُ اللهُ بِهَا إِحْدَى ثَلَاثِ خِصَالٍ: إِمَّا أَنْ يُعَجِّل لَهُ دَعْوَتَهُ، وَإِمَّا أَنْ يَدَّخِرَهَا لَهُ فِي الأُخْرَى، وَإِمَّا أَنْ يَصْرِفَ عَنْهُ مِنَ السُّوءِ مِثْلَهَا»
قَالُوا: إذًا نُكْثِرُ؟ قَالَ:

«اللهُ أَكْثَر»
(No Muslim supplicates to Allah with a Du`a that does not involve sin or cutting the relations of the womb, but Allah will grant him one of the three things. He will either hasten the response to his supplication, save it for him until the Hereafter, or would turn an equivalent amount of evil away from him.'') They said, "What if we were to recite more (Du`a).'' He said, (There is more with Allah.)
Original post by ash92:)
I read this a few days ago - can't remember who's quote it is :biggrin:

Lol neither do I :tongue: - But it's good to post things again cuz some people might not have seen it.
Lol neither do I :tongue: - But it's good to post things again cuz some people might not have seen it.

Oh no, I meant I read it elsewhere - not at all complaining of a repeat post :tongue:
Life is a constant test of your patience; the toughest often involves loved ones. Take each day in your stride

~ Mufti Menk
Original post by ash92:)
Oh no, I meant I read it elsewhere - not at all complaining of a repeat post :tongue:

Lol Okay.. :biggrin:
Start with Bismillah. End with Alhamdulillah. Patience with SubhanAllah. Promise with InshaAllah. Your life will be blessed by Allah.
''Some people are so important in our life; Not because we enjoy their company, but because we feel so alone in their absence".
"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us."
Dua for Parents: 1. May Allah give them long-life. 2. Fulfill their expectations. 3. Wash all their sorrow. 4. Make them successful.

Latest

Trending

Trending