The Student Room Group

Slade School of Fine Art Application Advice

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MC657
I thought you hear back from Slade 2 weeks after? o.o
Anyone know roughly when the interviews are? ^^

Any portfolio work, interesting stories etc. To give to we three witches?honestly it's like being in Henry V .. (Maybe wrong play but u get my reference)
Original post by bertiewallace123
Any portfolio work, interesting stories etc. To give to we three witches?honestly it's like being in Henry V .. (Maybe wrong play but u get my reference)

At least we know if we are rejected, there will always be the option of a working for MI6. :smile:
Original post by Artfanatic
At least we know if we are rejected, there will always be the option of a working for MI6. :smile:

haha, I bet they're reading this thread
gahhh I hate this waiting! Has anyone got/found any more folios from this year or previous years? (although that will probably make things worse :afraid:)

It would be so funny if they read this thread hahah!
Omg received an email from UCL regarding successful portfolio handling fee payment at 2am (I paid after submission due to problems with card) and literally was bricking. Also it told me that I applied to BFA??? Which is a mistake !!! But if the BA is oversubscribed might be a blessing??
Original post by meganabcdefg
gahhh I hate this waiting! Has anyone got/found any more folios from this year or previous years? (although that will probably make things worse :afraid:)

Tons of threads on the 2012 page around pg36 if u can be bothered to find them. Some we're successful
can we edit/add to our portfolio if we get an interview? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 227
Original post by amberhahn1
can we edit/add to our portfolio if we get an interview? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are expected to add all the new work and bring larger pieces (for example paintings on stretched canvas)
Omg received an email from UCL regarding successful portfolio handling fee payment at 2am (I paid after submission due to problems with card) and literally was bricking. Also it told me that I applied to BFA??? Which is a mistake !!! But if the BA is oversubscribed might be a blessing??

Oh gosh I would have been bricking it too haha! Hmm yeah maybe? Do you think you have more chance applying for BFA then? Not long now til we start hearing hopefully!

Also do you have a link to the 2012 thread you could send me?

Tons of threads on the 2012 page around pg36 if u can be bothered to find them. Some we're successful

I've been told you can switch when you start the course
Oh gosh I would have been bricking it too haha! Hmm yeah maybe? Do you think you have more chance applying for BFA then? Not long now til we start hearing hopefully!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Slade_School_of_Art_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2012_Entry
here is a page

Currentky on a phone with limited internet so finding that page is for the time being a bit too hard (sorry cab send link in evening if u like) but if u search "slade fine art 2012 masters" or the user "princeling" u'll find the 89pg thread. If u find any portfolios it wood be a great help it u could link them to this thread! Dw if u can't, there's a lot !
Currentky on a phone with limited internet so finding that page is for the time being a bit too hard (sorry cab send link in evening if u like) but if u search "slade fine art 2012 masters" or the user "princeling" u'll find the 89pg thread. If u find any portfolios it wood be a great help it u could link them to this thread! Dw if u can't, there's a lot !

dw I linked it
Original post by Notwinter
dw I linked it

just been through that thread a bit from 2012 - some of their work was soo good and they didn't even get interviews :frown: feeling more pessimistic now haha!

also someone on that threat said: think i remember the head of the department talking about a points system when reviewing portfolios) sending invitations to highest ranked first and then staggering it?
just been through that thread a bit from 2012 - some of their work was soo good and they didn't even get interviews :frown: feeling more pessimistic now haha!

also someone on that threat said: think i remember the head of the department talking about a points system when reviewing portfolios) sending invitations to highest ranked first and then staggering it?

WHATTTTTTTTTTTT that doesn't scare me at all. I bet I got a -3.
But I have heard that with other schools. Sigh.

One more day guys... hold on. Possible two weeks though.
WHATTTTTTTTTTTT that doesn't scare me at all. I bet I got a -3.
But I have heard that with other schools. Sigh.

One more day guys... hold on. Possible two weeks though.

ahhh I really hope that it's not 2 weeks! :frown:

I'll let you guys know as well if any of the other people that applied from my foundation hear anything.

I have my interview at Kingston tomorrow and Wimbledon Thursday! Ahhh!
ahhh I really hope that it's not 2 weeks! :frown:

I'll let you guys know as well if any of the other people that applied from my foundation hear anything.

I have my interview at Kingston tomorrow and Wimbledon Thursday! Ahhh!

Thanks!
Good luck with your interviews! They're good unis :-)
Thanks!
Good luck with your interviews! They're good unis :-)

Thank you :smile:

Have you got any interviews coming up?
Thank you :smile:

Have you got any interviews coming up?

Well I have a place at Leeds for fine art and curation and my only interview left is Chelsea which is on the 3rd!
oh gosh I'm so worried about Slade now

Quick Reply

Latest