The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The way Ozil caresses the ball :sexface:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
What are the odds though. We got the worst possible draw that could have transpired. Worst thing is, we're not even at home. That's the hardest pill to swallow.

I'd rather Utd than Liverpool; the latter in their current form are more dangerous.
Original post by al_94
Look at it like this. We got the easiest team in the Champs League draw and the hardest for the FA Cup. It's basically balanced itself out. We can beat Utd but we have to defend better than we did last time and be more clinical in front of goal.

So what I'm hearing is...better chance of winning CL than Fa cup? :biggrin:
Nah I'm joking. Yeah it's a good perspective.

Original post by angelfox
If we miraculously get a draw it'll be at the Emirates, where we have a marginally better chance of winning.

Ayye I say we do that you know. Best chance we have of progressing. Wengz best make them all sit their asses down rewatching YouTube videos of our win against City. I swear that was a once in a life time thing these days. We're Arsenal it shouldn't be like this. :dry:

Original post by Lúcio
this is fun :colone:

inb4 we lose at home to Blackburn.

Lucio pls. I'm sensitive right now :frown:
Original post by Stefano93
Guys come on stop being pessimistic it's our year to retain the cup and torment United like we did City. Abit off-topic but PSG v Chelsea, opinions? I hope PSG win :sexface:

PSG are exactly the sort of team that Chelsea will always beat over two legs.
Original post by Stalin
I'd rather Utd than Liverpool; the latter in their current form are more dangerous.

Agreed, Anfield was the worst possible draw. United are beatable although admittedly a draw would be a good result at OT.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

I really hope they do tomo :biggrin:
Thankful you lot and United drew each other. Expect you to do them - but I wouldn't mind them getting through and meeting us at Wembley. Heck of an atmosphere at that match hopefully.
Reply 1748
Original post by Mackay
Thankful you lot and United drew each other. Expect you to do them - but I wouldn't mind them getting through and meeting us at Wembley. Heck of an atmosphere at that match hopefully.

Doubt it mate.

Something stupid like 20-30k tickets will go to neutrals which is really annoying.
Original post by SA-1
Doubt it mate.

Something stupid like 20-30k tickets will go to neutrals which is really annoying.

Thought it was less for semi-finals?! FFS.
Reply 1750
Original post by Mackay
Thought it was less for semi-finals?! FFS.

Oh sorry, I didn't read your post properly - I thought you were referring to the final.

Yeah semi-finals should be lower but still, it's needless. It should always be a 50-50 split in wembly IMO, the atmosphere would really make the FA Cup what it should be
Original post by De Chirico
Agreed, Anfield was the worst possible draw. United are beatable although admittedly a draw would be a good result at OT.

Sturridge and Sterling vs. our back 4.

:colonhash:
Original post by Stalin

wahayyyy; arsenal fans speaking sense :biggrin:
the feeling is reciprocated - would've hated to have drawn you guys at this stage.

and yes, we're very dangerous right now; if you played us the hope would be that we have one of those games where we create 20+ chances but only score 1 goal.
you guys are frustratingly clinical in our games - you'd score 2 goals from 1 chance if it was against us.

Original post by Stalin
Sturridge and Sterling vs. our back 4.

:colonhash:

they aren't THAT bad....until you add coutinho :colone:
people always talk about sturridge and sterling but it's actually the little brazillian who's the key.
if you can man mark him and keep him out of the game (good luck), you'd seriously reduce our chance creation.

yeah i didn't want to sleep tonight anyway...
Original post by SA-1
Oh sorry, I didn't read your post properly - I thought you were referring to the final.

Yeah semi-finals should be lower but still, it's needless. It should always be a 50-50 split in wembly IMO, the atmosphere would really make the FA Cup what it should be

Agreed - nothing better than seeing a stadium half in one colour, and half in another.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Just loled at the way we beat them last time. Spent the first game being dominated and the second we won 2-0 aiming for corners and throw ins.

Mourinho trolled the **** out of these guys. I'm still wary of losing away from home though but think we'll get a jammy win away considering the way PSG are playing atm, although have a feeling Mourinho will pussy out and aim for a 1-1 draw. :colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
They play arsenal like they're game.
They study arsenal like they're homework.
They cook arsenal like they're dumplings.
They knock arsenal over like they're skittles.
They slice arsenal apart like they're cucumber.
They can have the worst season ever, yet still beat arsenal home and away.
The superiority is astounding, and will remain so even after wenger departs.

What team do you support :confused:
I'm infatuated with Giroud at the moment.

Original post by AR_95
What team do you support :confused:

Who cares who I support, even the supporters are resigned to that very fact. The only way Man Utd will ever lose against Arsenal is for all their first-teamers to play out of position, or for them to make 11 changes. You had the chance to beat them post-Fergie. AND YOU BLEW THEM ALL. (Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, even SPURS found a way past the degraded Devils and yet the Gunners can't even FIRE them)
Original post by shawn_o1
Who cares who I support, even the supporters are resigned to that very fact. The only way Man Utd will ever lose against Arsenal is for all their first-teamers to play out of position, or for them to make 11 changes. You had the chance to beat them post-Fergie. AND YOU BLEW THEM ALL. (Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, even SPURS found a way past the degraded Devils and yet the Gunners can't even FIRE them)

No I'm just genuinely curious, I've always been confused with you haha
Original post by AR_95
I'm infatuated with Giroud at the moment.

Drogba scored 29 goals in a BPL season. Giroud could only dream of scoring that much.

Latest