The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12

Yeah, social stuff is hard :redface: Good that you're trying to work on it though, you'll get there! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah hopefully I will pretty soon :smile: I mean the few people I do know think I'm a decent enough guy & I'm not boring either aha :tongue: It's just the initial first step I find the hardest really.
Hello everyone :smile: Not spoken in ages :eek:. How are you?

I don't really have much to report. Just getting through uni somehow, doing very little revision or study, despite getting tested every week. Struggle to leave my bed for lectures and have regularly turned up 5-10 minutes late, despite living on campus. Social life is fairly non-existant really, apart from going to the SU twice a week when they have events (and even then going alone :eek:). Still on the same medication, Sertraline 50mg, review is long overdue but I keep forgetting to make appointments.

Really should be posting here more often :erm:. About 10 days ago was 3 years since I first posted here, where has all that time gone?!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by avhhs
Hello everyone :smile: Not spoken in ages :eek:. How are you?

I don't really have much to report. Just getting through uni somehow, doing very little revision or study, despite getting tested every week. Struggle to leave my bed for lectures and have regularly turned up 5-10 minutes late, despite living on campus. Social life is fairly non-existant really, apart from going to the SU twice a week when they have events (and even then going alone :eek:). Still on the same medication, Sertraline 50mg, review is long overdue but I keep forgetting to make appointments.

Really should be posting here more often :erm:. About 10 days ago was 3 years since I first posted here, where has all that time gone?!

Good to hear you are still going through with things, try and make a point to see the doc soon and review those meds!

Anything you can do to get you more motivated, to study more?

---

I don't know if i can do this job, its so challenging for me, i feel like such a mess. Think i need to chat to parents tomorrow :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling so ****. I just wanna be in my bed at my mums house and that makes me such a bad girlfriend because i should want to be in my own flat with my boyfriend but thats something i really dont want at the moment :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I managed to make conversation with a few people this evening at my band rehearsal. And as a result I wasn't standing on my own for ages like I normally am! Pleased with myself.

But..

The person who gives me a lift home afterwards is such an irresponsible driver. Really far too fast and erratic. Racing another car (not that the other car wanted to be involved) and overtaking on blind bends just to get ahead. It's sent my anxiety sky high. But worse is that if I ever pass my driving test and no longer rely on lifts, he will probably do stupid things like that to me.. Overtaking and then pulling in front of me with no room to spare so I have to brake.. Like he does with other people. I feel like crying because I can't say anything to him as I have nobody else who goes there who lives my way, and I have to carry on going because it's doing me good. I just know the way he drives will end in an accident. I just pray I'm not in the car at the time.
Original post by PandaWho
Feeling so ****. I just wanna be in my bed at my mums house and that makes me such a bad girlfriend because i should want to be in my own flat with my boyfriend but thats something i really dont want at the moment :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Doesn't make you bad at all. :nah:

------------------

Can't get out of this stupid dissociated state and it's getting kind of scary, but I also don't really care. That's completely logical, yep.
Original post by Pathway
:hugs: Doesn't make you bad at all. :nah:

------------------

Can't get out of this stupid dissociated state and it's getting kind of scary, but I also don't really care. That's completely logical, yep.

It does id do anything to be there ruggt now :cry2: not seeing her until next month though and even then its not at hers! :frown: also miss my nephew like crazy
It does id do anything to be there ruggt now :cry2: not seeing her until next month though and even then its not at hers! :frown: also miss my nephew like crazy

Would phoning/Skyping with her help at all? Sorry you're struggling so much, love. :console:
ive noticed I get much more respect in discussions with people when ive got a blue gender symbol next to my name :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
ive noticed I get much more respect in discussions with people when ive got a blue gender symbol next to my name :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I noticed that too. I've also noticed that people seem less arsey when your username isn't purple.
Original post by Pathway
Would phoning/Skyping with her help at all? Sorry you're struggling so much, love. :console:

No shes really busy, just had a bit of a chat to her on facebook cos shes at work but im so short with her cos im all cryey :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No shes really busy, just had a bit of a chat to her on facebook cos shes at work but im so short with her cos im all cryey :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: Has anything set this off? :frown:
Original post by Pathway
:console: Has anything set this off? :frown:

Im reading a book thats not even particularly sad atm but im a mess i just want to run away from life. Its too much at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im reading a book thats not even particularly sad atm but im a mess i just want to run away from life. Its too much at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you wanna talk about something that's getting to you, I'm around to PM. :yep:
Original post by Pathway
If you wanna talk about something that's getting to you, I'm around to PM. :yep:

If only i knew what was up :dontknow: just empty, y lifes falling apart around me and im terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile
If only i knew what was up :dontknow: just empty, y lifes falling apart around me and im terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you talk with your boyfriend? Maybe he'd be able to support you better if he knew. :smile:
Original post by Pathway
Could you talk with your boyfriend? Maybe he'd be able to support you better if he knew. :smile:

Hed worry and he doesnt need too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hed worry and he doesnt need too

Posted from TSR Mobile

But if anything bad were to happen, he would have wanted to know. You should try and tell him, but I know it's not easy to open up to people. Does he know about your struggles with MH? He would worry, but only because he cares about you a lot - it's not a bad thing. :console:
Original post by Sabertooth
I noticed that too. I've also noticed that people seem less arsey when your username isn't purple.

yeah definitely, I might switch it up every couple of weeks to keep people on their toes :tongue: itd be cool if there was a third neutral gender symbol option.

ive not been purple that long, I'll monitor how it affects my TSR Experience™ :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
yeah definitely, I might switch it up every couple of weeks to keep people on their toes :tongue: itd be cool if there was a third neutral gender symbol option.

ive not been purple that long, I'll monitor how it affects my TSR Experience™ :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yesssss, a neutral option would be awesome!