The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mary562
Would you rather give money for education or for children/families who are in need for food etc?

I already have my answer, want to hear from you guys? :smile:

Can't choose so I will cheat and say both. :tongue:

Giving food is a short term solution for hunger/poverty while education is a long term one. I think most people donate for food because it is the immediate need (and they might starve to death :frown: ) but education is extremely important too.

Someone once said: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Eventually, we're going to have to empower the poor to support/feed themselves.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beautifulxxx
I don't like maths sis. Every other subject I'll tolerate but maths!

Oh well if it is Islamic knowledge then we take this question to the scholars ha ha. Is it better to give food or money for Islamic education? Allah knows best. If it's casual education, I much rather save lives. Insha'Allah, lets just give to both one day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand why maths is hated by many but it's not hard if you have a good teacher (coming from someone who had to take extra tuition for A' level math cuz the teacher at school wasn't sufficient)...

Btw, Ali (RA) was a great mathematician. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Note: Please don't mention names in order to belittle them or call each other names. :h:

Original post by goobypls
x

Just report them if their post (on the other society) is personally offensive/trollish. Have faith in the mods to take care of things. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
What does everyone think about this video not sure if you've seen it before.

[video="youtube;IZQwyV7wHzM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQwyV7wHzM[/video]

I think it's BS lol.
Original post by Mary562
Would you rather give money for education or for children/families who are in need for food etc?

I already have my answer, want to hear from you guys? :smile:

Education. 10,000 people may die without food for the education but in the end, you maybe able to eradicate starvation forever. Instead of feed some people for a short time period, then let the starvation resume.

I guess it's a gamble I would be willing to take.

Also you probably save 50k on education, but you could make that within 2 years if you got a good degree.
Original post by K1NG93
No he is a racist. Missfats is cool.

Are you Pakistani?
So apparently someone from the ISOC said this to Achea-one of the members of the super 6:

"Your life is worthless, I mean seriously what is the point in living the rest of your life? Does it have a point? I am at least working towards my real eternal life which will begin when I die. You're heading to one place, and that my friend is hell. You're a lost cause and destined for the fiery pits of hell where you can join your mate Satan, burning for eternity. Have fun. "

I think it's bang out of order to speak to a non Muslim like that and totally not acceptable who are we to judge if peoples lives are worthless ?

Original post by Incredible97
Who???

Original post by IdeasForLife
A new muslim member said that to her on the ex-mus soc a few weeks ago.

Basically what Tpos said.

It wasn't on the Ex-Muslims thread. And it hasn't been deleted. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2985065&page=8&p=51868985#post51868985
Don't even try and make me like maths. Save your excuses lol.

Maths is the best language

No other language can describe the universe better than maths :yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Achaea
It wasn't on the Ex-Muslims thread. And it hasn't been deleted. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2985065&page=8&p=51868985#post51868985

Got thread wrong but member right. I already asked them to stop telling people to go to hell ages ago(see vm). I'm not sure why you're kicking up a fuss 2-3 months later. Just report it.
Maths is cool.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Got thread wrong but member right. I already asked them to stop telling people to go to hell ages ago(see vm). I'm not sure why you're kicking up a fuss 2-3 months later. Just report it.

*rolls eyes* I'm not 'kicking up a fuss'. Goobypls asked me about it in a VM a few hours ago and mentioned it here, and several other people also commented about it on this thread. All I did was to link to the post and reply to the VM. Buuuuuut of course, you have to blame me and say I'm 'kicking up a fuss' :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Original post by Achaea
*rolls eyes* I'm not 'kicking up a fuss'. Goobypls asked me about it in a VM a few hours ago and mentioned it here, and several other people also commented about it on this thread. All I did was to link to the post and reply to the VM. Buuuuuut of course, you have to blame me and say I'm 'kicking up a fuss' :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was reading the what do you think about Muslims thread and it seemed like it. Anyway, it's not worth getting into a potential argument over this in here.
Talking like this to a non Muslim is absolutely not okay no matter what, but store the self pity please. You guys are not innocent sweethearts.
(edited 9 years ago)
“My brother, if you desire the path of sincerity, flee from the clatter and clinks of fame,
and flee from the clamour that comes with being a celebrity. Be like the roots of a tree;
it keeps the tree upright and gives it life, but it itself is hidden underneath the earth and
eyes cannot see it. Or be like the foundations of a building; were it not for the
foundation, no wall could be erected and no house could be established, but yet no-one
sees the foundation.”

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths is the language of the universe and life.
Original post by Aabidah
“My brother, if you desire the path of sincerity, flee from the clatter and clinks of fame,
and flee from the clamour that comes with being a celebrity. Be like the roots of a tree;
it keeps the tree upright and gives it life, but it itself is hidden underneath the earth and
eyes cannot see it. Or be like the foundations of a building; were it not for the
foundation, no wall could be erected and no house could be established, but yet no-one
sees the foundation.”

JazakAllahu khayran sis:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Green Manalishi
I would just like to say that I am madly impressed with the level of discussion on here. Seriously, you guys give me hope for the state of the Ummah if this is the level of discussion coming from members below 25y/o.

Two extinct madhabs... I think... Imam Sufyan al-Thawri and Imam Al-Awza'i? Perhaps Sufyan ibn Uyaynah? RahimahumAllah.
Dhaahiri thought it still existent today if I'm not mistaken.

And themorninglight could you tell us something interesting about Imam Al-Jawzi or Imam Ibn Rajab please :smile:

Jazakumullahu khairan

Yup all three were independent mujtahideen in their own right and had their own madhaahib.

Your Question
JazakAllahu khayran sis:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa iyyaki :h:
Muhammed pbuh is accused of copying an already heavily altered Bible. So let us compare one thing: Does God rest?

Quran:

"We Created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six periods, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us"

Genesis 2 New International Version (NIV)

2 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creatingthat he had done.

It's quite breathtaking how Muhammed pbuh does not take such erronous concepts or statements from the Bible. The Qurans view of God 'resting' vs the biblical view speaks volumes as to the truthfulness of the Quran. One verse about Allah swt 'resting/getting fatigued' would have posed serious claims against Islam.

(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending