The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
Drogba scored 29 goals in a BPL season. Giroud could only dream of scoring that much.

Reply 1761
Giroud has improved so much. He's always been a good player to have around as long as we have pace to replace him if we need to, which we now do in Welbeck (even though he wouldn't have been my original solution).

We can now completely change the style of our play if we bring on Giroud because he doesn't just provide height, power and a better hold up play - he brings the likes of Ramsey in to it too.

Really enjoying Giroud at the moment - & it'll get better IMO because we won't need to play him every single game.
Giroud is our almighty saviour.

People will be saying Giroud is rubbish the next week when he puts in a below par performance. So.full.of.****.

I'd rather sit next to a bunch of foreign tourist fans than listen to the rubbish these kneejerk idiots go on about.
Reply 1764
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424172894.864595.jpg
Giroud has stepped up his game this season, credit where credit's due. Still think we should look to sell him though and get an elite striker.
Original post by angelfox
Giroud has stepped up his game this season, credit where credit's due. Still think we should look to sell him though and get an elite striker.

Such as? Who is realistically available to us and would slot into the team seamlessly so that we can challenge next season?
Original post by Tom_Ford
Such as? Who is realistically available to us and would slot into the team seamlessly so that we can challenge next season?

Cavani...
Original post by angelfox
Cavani...

£50m for a 28 year old that is heading ever so near to being over the hill. OK den.

Cavani rumours are just ****ing silly. Seriously, they make me ****ing angry. Just pure desperation. Another Falcrap, except, we'll have to pay a bigass transfer fee.

Watch him choke tonight, again.

Jackson Martinez
Even if we could get an 'elite' striker (lol at Jackson Martinez being elite), why would we sell Giroud?It's like saying "I think we should buy an elite CM and then sell Ramsey". Why??
Original post by al_94
Jackson Martinez

We'll see. I will not be surprised if we sign someone and they do not light up the place straight away, leading to fans calling for heads. If it happened to Bergkamp it can happen to anyone.

Dybala has been touted but I am not sure about the kid, Serie A is a bit of a joke these days and he's not had European experience really afaik.

Jackson Martinez is good, but remains to be seen whether he has world class potential. He is not world class yet, he is round about Giroud's level.
We'll see. I will not be surprised if we sign someone and they do not light up the place straight away, leading to fans calling for heads. If it happened to Bergkamp it can happen to anyone.

Dybala has been touted but I am not sure about the kid, Serie A is a bit of a joke these days and he's not had European experience really afaik.

Jackson Martinez is good, but remains to be seen whether he has world class potential. He is not world class yet, he is round about Giroud's level.

Martinez has 6 goals in 7 games in the CL so people cant use the argument that he plays in a weak league.
Original post by al_94
Martinez has 6 goals in 7 games in the CL so people cant use the argument that he plays in a weak league.

Against BATE, S.Donetsk and A.Bilbao...
Original post by e aí rapaz
Even if we could get an 'elite' striker (lol at Jackson Martinez being elite), why would we sell Giroud?It's like saying "I think we should buy an elite CM and then sell Ramsey". Why??

Word on the street (lol) was that we had Reus signed up before his injury pre-WC. Then we got A.Sanchez when that fell through. I would have swallowed Reus's cock to sign Reus (no homo). Not sure about our chances of getting him now though after his new contract, although the amount of money they offered him is apparently too much for their club (something about being unsustainable within their pay structure). Would pay big money for him though, rather £35m for Reus than £35 for Dybala at this point in time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Against BATE, S.Donetsk and A.Bilbao...

Still, Alexis only got 3 against Anderlecht, Gala and a poor Dortmund. I believe he's better than Giroud by some distance.
Original post by al_94
Still, Alexis only got 3 against Anderlecht, Gala and a poor Dortmund. I believe he's better than Giroud by some distance.

Simplistic analysis that does not account for the way the matches actually went.
Simplistic analysis that does not account for the way the matches actually went.

OK fine. Martinez has 25 in 29 in all comps and wenger praised him so that's why I bring him up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2952512/Arsene-Wenger-sparks-Arsenal-transfer-rumours-praising-Jackson-Martinez.html
For 50M we could buy Schneiderlin and Benzema why would we waste that on Cavani tbh

You guys see how good France were in the WC with Benzema Giroud and Griezmann :sexface:
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't want to buy another 27 or 28 year old lol

Latest