The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

University Of Hull 2015 Firmers and Freshers Page (and Facebook)

Hi Hull 2015 Firmers and Freshers!
This is a page for people who have firmed/ got a confirmed place at hull university in September 2015! Leave a bit of information about yourself either on this thread or on the facebook group (Hull University Firmers and Freshers 2015)
Tell us what you're studying at college/ sixth form, what you intend to study at hull, where you are from etc.
If you have any problems or queries about uni, from freshers week too accommodation, then just write on the facebook page or on here! Get talking to some people and make some friends before you go to university and discuss your thoughts with people!
I'm Andy, I'm from Hull, I am at sixth form studying geology, maths and further maths. I have applied and got my offer from Hull for Geology. I am to attend the Knowledge Factory interview on Saturday 21st Feb.

Make sure you leave your information and follow the facebook Group!
Good luck next year!

Scroll to see replies

I have unconditional offer. I have 800 UCAS point.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
What are everyone else do?
Reply 3
Original post by Motormonkeyguru
I have unconditional offer. I have 800 UCAS point.

Well done, but are you sure its 800 Ucas? That's 8A's at A2... and you only study 5 subjects.
Reply 4
Anybody Else interested in Hull Uni?
Reply 5
I have got a conditional offer for Hull uni for September 2015 to study Psychology with Criminology. :-) I am currently doing the access to Higher Education Course Psychology, Sociology and Law :-)
Reply 6
Original post by garnet3k
I have got a conditional offer for Hull uni for September 2015 to study Psychology with Criminology. :-) I am currently doing the access to Higher Education Course Psychology, Sociology and Law :-)

Well done! Have you put it as your firm? I have the knowledge factory offer on Saturday, so if all goes well my offer drops to EEE! But at the moment I have an offer for geology in September!:smile: My girlfriend is at hull uni now doing Psychology!
Reply 7
Original post by Andy97a
Well done! Have you put it as your firm? I have the knowledge factory offer on Saturday, so if all goes well my offer drops to EEE! But at the moment I have an offer for geology in September!:smile: My girlfriend is at hull uni now doing Psychology!

Yes Hull is my firm choice. Good Luck for Saturday! What is the knowledge factory? :-) Is your girlfriend enjoying psychology at Hull? I am going to the applicant day on Saturday and am very excited lol :-)
Reply 8
Yes Hull is my firm choice. Good Luck for Saturday! What is the knowledge factory? :-) Is your girlfriend enjoying psychology at Hull? I am going to the applicant day on Saturday and am very excited lol :-)

The Knowledge factory is a one week course in September before university. It gives you a 'boost' before you go to university, it is for high achivers (320 ucas points or more predicted) and they give you an interview. if you live up to standards you get an EEE offer for September!
Also, if you have got facebook make sure you join the group that I made!:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Andy97a
The Knowledge factory is a one week course in September before university. It gives you a 'boost' before you go to university, it is for high achivers (320 ucas points or more predicted) and they give you an interview. if you live up to standards you get an EEE offer for September!
Also, if you have got facebook make sure you join the group that I made!:smile:

Oh! So is EEE for excellence or something? Go You!! :biggrin: Mine doesn't go by UCAS points. I have to get 45 credits at Merit to get into uni. :-) It is the same as a-levels, but we study 2 years work in one year. I will have a look for the Facebook page now :-)
Reply 10
Oh! So is EEE for excellence or something? Go You!! :biggrin: Mine doesn't go by UCAS points. I have to get 45 credits at Merit to get into uni. :-) It is the same as a-levels, but we study 2 years work in one year. I will have a look for the Facebook page now :-)

Something like that! It just secures you a place at the Uni as you're predicted good grades:smile: and oh right cool! what is that qualification called then?:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Andy97a
Something like that! It just secures you a place at the Uni as you're predicted good grades:smile: and oh right cool! what is that qualification called then?:smile:

Access to Higher Education Diploma. :-) What is the Facebook group called? :-)
Reply 12
Access to Higher Education Diploma. :-) What is the Facebook group called? :-)

Cool! sounds fun:tongue: what subject is it in? and its facebook website /groups/800830706619343/
Reply 13
Original post by Andy97a
Cool! sounds fun:tongue: what subject is it in? and its facebook website /groups/800830706619343/

A-ha! Got it :-) I am studying Psychology, Sociology and Law, as well as study skills.
Reply 14
A-ha! Got it :-) I am studying Psychology, Sociology and Law, as well as study skills.

Cool! I'm hoping to get the facebook page up and running so everyone can chat before we go to uni!
Reply 15
Original post by Andy97a
Cool! I'm hoping to get the facebook page up and running so everyone can chat before we go to uni!

Sounds like a good plan :-)
Reply 16
I got my Hull Uni EEE Offer for the Knowledge factory today! I had my interview today and it went very well.
Is anyone else firmed hull or going to?
#HULL2015
Hi

I've moved this thread to the University of Hull sub-forum, as it doesn't really belong in applications and UCAS.
Hi, I've firmed Hull for psychology starting in September and have also been invited to the talent development programme but my interview isn't until the 11th March. My name is Olivia but everyone calls me Liv, I'm currently studying Psychology, English Language, English Literature and Health and Social Care Diploma Level 3. Hopefully going to be living at the lawns halls, can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also I can't find the facebook page...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest