The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SampleX
Also... how are you guys doing preparing for the prom?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not going. Hopefully I could watch a film though instead of going to prom, if not, well, I still have a lot of novels on my reading list. Are u going?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Original post by Firenze26
I'm not going. Hopefully I could watch a film though instead of going to prom, if not, well, I still have a lot of novels on my reading list. Are u going?

P.S.

Why are you not going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bella909
I think that's afterprom your talking about! Yes I've checked the exam boards, but tbh I'm just going to focus on revision, the exam dates aren't my top priority at the moment :smile:

Ahah no, the kinda chavs that go to my school would probably do it there. They're a... weird species I guess :tongue:
Is it true that anything that isn't in the specification definitely won't come up in the exam? I don't want to be adding unecessary things to my notes... :smile:
Original post by Peachy23
Is it true that anything that isn't in the specification definitely won't come up in the exam? I don't want to be adding unecessary things to my notes... :smile:

Yep. Otherwise why would there even be a specification?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Why are you not going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just not into dressing up and dancing and watching 'in my classmate's words, "a pool of hormonal teenagers, high on freedom and liberation".

Although... if we were given the opportunity to dress up casually I might go but still, it's prom...

What about you?

P.S.

Original post by umutalberts
Yep. Otherwise why would there even be a specification?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, thanks! I thought so but someone told me that other things could still come up. I'm just being stupid :tongue:
Original post by Peachy23
Haha, thanks! I thought so but someone told me that other things could still come up. I'm just being stupid :tongue:

Well you do have to know each point in detail so maybe that person didn't know it well enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well you do have to know each point in detail so maybe that person didn't know it well enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I suppose. I'll just make sure to make my notes really detailed :smile:
Urgh, two english essays to write. (which should 'only take me two hours' - :eek:That's two hours of my half-term gone. :mad:)

What happened to giving us a break... :frown:

Better crack on with it. *sigh*
Original post by Midnightmemories
I have my dress and I'm hopefully getting my shoes today. :smile:

:redface: What is your dress like? I get so excited about this stuff xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Firenze26

P.S.

I am indeed going, how come you're not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I am indeed going, how come you're not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't like dressing up and dancing. And I don't really want to be in the same room as 'hormonal teenagers high on freedom and liberation'. Sorry.

I was going for the food but then.... I dunno, is it really worth it?

How's your preparation going?

P.S.

Original post by turn-to-page394
Urgh, two english essays to write. (which should 'only take me two hours' - :eek:That's two hours of my half-term gone. :mad:)

What happened to giving us a break... :frown:

Better crack on with it. *sigh*

Lol. Wait till you get to A level :wink:
Lol. Wait till you get to A level :wink:

Haha. I'm just in a 'can't be bothered to do shiz' mood.

And lol, i'm taking english lit for A-level so whooo.... :wink:
Haha. I'm just in a 'can't be bothered to do shiz' mood.

And lol, i'm taking english lit for A-level so whooo.... :wink:

Ya I feel you :smile: I'm a sciences student and have to sit the IELTS this weekend - have done sub-zero preparation so not too chuffed about it! I miss GCSE lit although it was my worst grade by a long shot but it was so much fun! What novels are you studying?
Ya I feel you :smile: I'm a sciences student and have to sit the IELTS this weekend - have done sub-zero preparation so not too chuffed about it! I miss GCSE lit although it was my worst grade by a long shot but it was so much fun! What novels are you studying?

You're taking A-levels or...?

Better prepare - don't regret it! :P (like I can preach... :rolleyes:)

Yeah, it's so fun I can't bring myself to drop it just yet. :smile: Bit like weaning myself off the humanities side - the sudden conversion to all sciences would kill me. :frown:

Studying Pride and Prejudice and also Romeo and Juliet (not a novel but yeah.)
You're taking A-levels or...?

Better prepare - don't regret it! :P (like I can preach... :rolleyes:)

Yeah, it's so fun I can't bring myself to drop it just yet. :smile: Bit like weaning myself off the humanities side - the sudden conversion to all sciences would kill me. :frown:

Studying Pride and Prejudice and also Romeo and Juliet (not a novel but yeah.)

Yeah I'm doing too many science and maths A levels for my own good :smile:

Look I think I do need to prepare but I just have no idea how! I have no time to do practice papers and there is nobody to mark them anyway even if I did them... As for the speaking I speak English most of the day so how much more prep can you do for it? Any advice would seriously be greatly appreciated!

Yeah sciences are quite painful. I took a language last year to dilute them but this year I decided to take up on more maths instead so I don't have time for languages! Ah Pride and Prejudice... I attempted it once but I don't think I got beyond the first couple of pages! I did Gatsby and Oscar Wilde back in the day, I don't think we could have studied better books!
Yeah I'm doing too many science and maths A levels for my own good :smile:

Look I think I do need to prepare but I just have no idea how! I have no time to do practice papers and there is nobody to mark them anyway even if I did them... As for the speaking I speak English most of the day so how much more prep can you do for it? Any advice would seriously be greatly appreciated!

Yeah sciences are quite painful. I took a language last year to dilute them but this year I decided to take up on more maths instead so I don't have time for languages! Ah Pride and Prejudice... I attempted it once but I don't think I got beyond the first couple of pages! I did Gatsby and Oscar Wilde back in the day, I don't think we could have studied better books!

Ahaha, all science and maths? :biggrin:

:s-smilie: No idea about IELTS so can't help there I'm afraid! Maybe have a look online for tips? :confused:

Pride and Prejudice is so long - three volumes... Read Of Mice and Men the other day - it's so short!
Ahaha, P&P is a bit tedious as a read - analysing it though just makes it make so much more sense so I'm not complaining! :biggrin:

:smile: guess you got lucky with your choices.
Ahaha, all science and maths? :biggrin:

:s-smilie: No idea about IELTS so can't help there I'm afraid! Maybe have a look online for tips? :confused:

Pride and Prejudice is so long - three volumes... Read Of Mice and Men the other day - it's so short!
Ahaha, P&P is a bit tedious as a read - analysing it though just makes it make so much more sense so I'm not complaining! :biggrin:

:smile: guess you got lucky with your choices.

Yeah all the sciences, maths, further maths... Makes me feel like going insane at times, even though I haven't even reached the climax of my studies! What subjects are you taking/ thinking of taking?

No worries! The internet is not a friend on this issue as most of the tips are for those who aren't particularly fluent in English, whilst in my case it is my mother tongue so I'd imagine the approach would be quite different.

I see! I might give classics another shot someday, although I doubt that will be in the near future! I was indeed, although thorough enjoyment didn't help get the grade in the end. Funnily enough, I was consistently top in the grade throughout the two years but the actual GCSE was a major f*ck up...

Latest