The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stefano93
For 50M we could buy Schneiderlin and Benzema why would we waste that on Cavani tbh

You guys see how good France were in the WC with Benzema Giroud and Griezmann :sexface:

Would like Benzema as Ozil understands his movement well. Dat chemistry. Same thing can be said with Reus, except he is a few years younger and would be a long term player here at the top level. Just love Reus's arrogance though. Cutting through Real like butter :love:.

Make no mistake about it, Reus would be a Galactico here.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tom_Ford
Would like Benzema as Ozil understands his movement well. Dat chemistry. Same thing can be said with Reus, except he is a few years younger and would be a long term player here at the top level. Just love Reus's arrogance though. Cutting through Real like butter :love:.

Make no mistake about it, Reus would be a Galactico here.

Agreed 100% but the likelihood of Benzema/Reus coming would be zilch :frown:
Original post by Stefano93
Agreed 100% but the likelihood of Benzema/Reus coming would be zilch :frown:

Don't think he (Reus) is going to Bayern. That leaves Real and Barca. More likely Real since they seem to love being a merry go round circus every year. Will be interesting to see who the casualty will be leaving Real. I don't see him fitting in at Barca.

Still think we have a chance of getting him though since he has expressed a love for the club and preference of us over the others in England, although how seriously that should be taken is debatable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reus signed a new deal the other day lmao
Original post by angelfox

Smokes and mirrors. Think it is about removing the release clause rather than any real signal that he is going to stay there long term.
Original post by angelfox

Very rarely means anything in the modern footballing landscape.
Reply 1786
How about Cazorla leaving? Even sky are reporting that Athletico have contacted his representatives about him. I don't want Santi to leave, but it makes sense that he does. A move to Athletico would do him well too.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9718393/atletico-madrid-enquire-about-availability-of-arsenal-midfielder-santi-cazorla

This does open up a vacancy in the middle of the park, someone needs to fill his boots.

Perhaps we can get Reus after all. Man I would ****ing do anything to see him in an Arsenal shirt :frown: I really love that player
Don't mind Cazorla leaving.. He hit some good form this season, but he is only going to get worse now, as he ages.. I have faith that the only circumstance he would leave in, is if winger had a plan for a replacement of sorts though
Now is the perfect time to sign Cazorla. He's 30 years old so about to trail off from his peak. After his recent performance it means we could get a pretty good price for him to buy some one younger. 25m at the least but I remember some goon was laughing at us for wanting that much last season.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Don't think he (Reus) is going to Bayern. That leaves Real and Barca. More likely Real since they seem to love being a merry go round circus every year. Will be interesting to see who the casualty will be leaving Real. I don't see him fitting in at Barca.

Still think we have a chance of getting him though since he has expressed a love for the club and preference of us over the others in England, although how seriously that should be taken is debatable.

I've read somewhere that he doesn't fancy the Premier League.

Barca have a transfer ban and the only way he'll go to Real is if they sell someone, most likely Bale. Even Ronaldo could be at risk now he's turned 30, Real have previous for doing this. Our chairman would be the only one stupid enough to spend £60m on him as well.

It's not inconceivable to suggest that he stays at Dortmund for another year. They won't get relegated.
Original post by sr90

Barca have a transfer ban and the only way he'll go to Real is if they sell someone, most likely Bale. Even Ronaldo could be at risk now he's turned 30, Real have previous for doing this. Our chairman would be the only one stupid enough to spend £60m on him as well.

It's not inconceivable to suggest that he stays at Dortmund for another year. They won't get relegated.

Anyone but Bayern, if he goes to Bayern then I am done with football.
Can see Wenger going for Lacazette personally. Young, French and versatile, can play wide and up top, would be a great signing for you. An upgrade on both your strikers and another option on the wings.
Original post by LoTelli
Can see Wenger going for Lacazette personally. Young, French and versatile, can play wide and up top, would be a great signing for you. An upgrade on both your strikers and another option on the wings.

Then again there was Griezeman and Remy and we signed neither.
Original post by AR_95

Don't forget Benzema, Mexes, Lloris, Sissoko, Cabaye, M'Vila, Perrain, Matuidi, Schneiderlin, Varane, Mangala, Kondogbia, Cabella & Valbuena.

Must be easy being a tabloid journalist. Slow news day at work? Just get the French national team squad up on a spreadsheet, pick a random player and say he wants a ''dream move'' to Arsenal.
Original post by sr90
Don't forget Benzema, Mexes, Lloris, Sissoko, Cabaye, M'Vila, Perrain, Matuidi, Schneiderlin, Varane, Mangala, Kondogbia, Cabella & Valbuena.

Must be easy being a tabloid journalist. Slow news day at work? Just get the French national team squad up on a spreadsheet, pick a random player and say he wants a ''dream move'' to Arsenal.

:rofl:
Original post by AR_95

Yeah dunno why tbh. Griezmann would've been a perfect fit but I think he would've chose Atléti over you anyway. Remy was a strange one in all honesty. Lacazette signing would make perfect sense, I'd be **** scared if you got him.
Reply 1796
Tbf, Griezmann is a forward who plays from the left - pretty similar to Sanchez so it's not an issue that we missed out on him. If we didn't get Sanchez I would be saying otherwise though, I liked him
COYG
Reply 1798
Original post by sr90

"Not inconceivable" is probably an understatement considering there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he plans on leaving at the moment. Even last summer there was no reliable source reporting that he was keen on making use of his release clause, in fact the most reliable source for German football reported that he'd want to stay at BVB or join Bayern if he couldn't agree terms with the club. This Reus transfer obsession was started by non-German tabloids and then fuelled by Bayern people; no reliable insider source actually got involved. Now he extended his contract by two years while giving Dortmund all the negotiationg power, why people still don't see that as a hint, for now, is a bit baffling.

Of course it's possible and/or likely that he'll leave before 2019. But everything else is hypothetical. Is there a secret agreement with BVB and Real that goes back to the Sahin deal and allows him to leave? Has he only renewed because Bayern opted against going for him this summer? All possible scenarios (and ones that make more sense to me than linking him to Arsenal based on a four-year-old Arsenal-related quote, even if I'd prefer him joining Arsenal over Bayern/Real any day of the week), but that's nothing but speculation at this point.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qua
"Not inconceivable" is probably an understatement considering there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he plans on leaving at the moment. Even last summer there was no reliable source reporting that he was keen on making use of his release clause, in fact the most reliable source for German football reported that he'd want to stay at BVB or join Bayern if he couldn't agree terms with the club. This Reus transfer obsession was started by non-German tabloids and then fuelled by Bayern people; no reliable insider source actually got involved. Now he extended his contract by two years while giving Dortmund all the negotiationg power, why people still don't see that as a hint, for now, is a bit baffling.

Of course it's possible and/or likely that he'll leave before 2019. But everything else is hypothetical. Is there a secret agreement with BVB and Real that goes back to the Sahin deal and allows him to leave? Has he only renewed because Bayern opted against going for him this summer? All possible scenarios (and ones that make more sense to me than linking him to Arsenal based on a four-year-old Arsenal-related quote, even if I'd prefer him joining Arsenal over Bayern/Real any day of the week), but that's nothing but speculation at this point.

Is he enough of a dick to join Bayern? Does he have that in him? It would just look very wrong to me, like vomit worthy.

Latest