The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
Yesssss, a neutral option would be awesome!

I was considering making a thread suggesting it in the news and feedback section, do you think there'd be enough people interested for it to be worthwhile?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I was considering making a thread suggesting it in the news and feedback section, do you think there'd be enough people interested for it to be worthwhile?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly, I mean, I'm pretty sure anybody who's non-binary would be up for it (making the site more inclusive), and people who just don't want their gender to change their "TSR Experience" could be too lol. Not sure though, people might just prefer to leave it? :dontknow: A poll might be good?
Original post by Pathway
But if anything bad were to happen, he would have wanted to know. You should try and tell him, but I know it's not easy to open up to people. Does he know about your struggles with MH? He would worry, but only because he cares about you a lot - it's not a bad thing. :console:

He worries too much! Yeah he does, weve always been open about mental health, we met on MHSS actually :ninja:
Stopped crying now :yep:

Hope your ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that would actually be a really good idea. I don't know much about programming a site such as this but I doubt it would be too hard to implement.
Original post by PandaWho
He worries too much! Yeah he does, weve always been open about mental health, we met on MHSS actually :ninja:
Stopped crying now :yep:

Hope your ok :hugs:

Aw, see, then I'm sure he would want to know so he could help. :yep: That's awesome! I'm glad you're so open with each other. :h:

I'm ok, just can't seem to get out of this dissociated mess. Can't sleep because of it either. :frown:
Original post by Pathway
Possibly, I mean, I'm pretty sure anybody who's non-binary would be up for it (making the site more inclusive), and people who just don't want their gender to change their "TSR Experience" could be too lol. Not sure though, people might just prefer to leave it? :dontknow: A poll might be good?

Original post by Sabertooth
I think that would actually be a really good idea. I don't know much about programming a site such as this but I doubt it would be too hard to implement.

awesome, I'll make a thread asking about it and see if it wouldn't be too difficult for the site to implement :smile:
Only 4 more hours but urgh, im awake as anything but feel like death. I feel like im gonna snap.

Smoking trigs

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cant calm down
Have to work and should not spent time here ...

Original post by avhhs
Struggle to leave my bed for lectures and have regularly turned up 5-10 minutes late, despite living on campus.

Maybe use a lot of different alarm clocks and prepare your cloth the day before, then it just takes some minutes to prepare.

Social life is fairly non-existant really, apart from going to the SU twice a week when they have events (and even then going alone :eek:).
Maybe it would be better to join a society? That would mean to meet regularly the same people and to be at a place, where you are more likely to be spoken to and invited?

Original post by PandaWho
Feeling so ****. I just wanna be in my bed at my mums house and that makes me such a bad girlfriend because i should want to be in my own flat with my boyfriend but thats something i really dont want at the moment :cry2:

I think a lot of people like to be at her moms from time to time, boyfriend or not.

ive noticed I get much more respect in discussions with people when ive got a blue gender symbol next to my name :beard:

Really? Strange ...

itd be cool if there was a third neutral gender symbol option.
Hm, would be interesting how you would be treated them and if everyone would use it for the same purpose.
Went to the gym yesterday and feel so much better mentally for it :smile:
I just woke up and I'm supposed to have a haircut at 12.15 what am I going to do? help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
I know how difficult it can be to go somewhere when you feel like that :hugs: Remind yourself that doing this will make you better at it in the future, exposure therapy and all that :tongue:

I hope my nerves improve soon in regards to going to work, im not 100% confident in my abilities yet, i just want to settle in and be able to buckle down already! Caring for elderly people with dementia and other problems can be really exhausting...i hope i'm cut out for this. Will probably post a bit this evening, on my night shift when things are quiet :d

Original post by IDukem
I'll be 21 not 12! Although tempting :teehee:

I saw that earlier, somethings look realistic :lol: Thank you :h:

Have fun lovely!! I'm so proud of you for even contemplating going on your own :hugs:

Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Hope you manage to have a great time. :smile:

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement :hugs: i went and i had a bloody amazing time, i even made a new friend AND i found £10 on the floor so y'know, i'm glad i went and it was absolutely incredible.
Also, i'm waiting for my doctors appointment because my counsellor/therapist person told me to make an appointment because he sent my doctor an email recommending they put me on some form of medication so i've made an appointment but idk what to say when i get in there, i'm trying to think of something now so i don't just sit there in silence when i go in, also i'm going to get berated by the doctor for missing an appointment even though i rang up to cancel it because of my anxiety and they didn't so thats going to make me even more nervous.

my whole life is just a ball of nerves haha
My dog has been in the vets since this morning on a drip. He hasn't been well the last few days and the vet is worried it could be complications from his diabetes :frown:
Hopefully we get him home tonight but right now, he's in the best place.

Times like this I hate being an animal person. Its too painful watching one of your furry babies being unwell :frown: I'm worried sick tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
My dog has been in the vets since this morning on a drip. He hasn't been well the last few days and the vet is worried it could be complications from his diabetes :frown:
Hopefully we get him home tonight but right now, he's in the best place.

Times like this I hate being an animal person. Its too painful watching one of your furry babies being unwell :frown: I'm worried sick tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry :frown: I know how you feel i'd hate if my dog was in the vets too, at least he's in the best place and they're going to help him get better.

I hope he comes home soon!
Original post by SweetNothing
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement :hugs: i went and i had a bloody amazing time, i even made a new friend AND i found £10 on the floor so y'know, i'm glad i went and it was absolutely incredible.

Glad you had a good time!

--------

Having a weird day, but I went into my lecture and I popped in to student support anyway. Filled in the form for accommodation on medical grounds, I'm on the list for it, so hopefully I'll get it/my first choice. Not really sure what I'll do otherwise. :dontknow: She also said that they haven't had information from my GP about any diagnoses so can't update my needs assessment for a mentor yet, which sucks. But I guess I can wait - the lady said my disability adviser will email me when they get information, but it's gotta be sent to wellbeing first.

Now I have to practice my speech thing for tomorrows presentation and write notes for next weeks exam. Great when you have 0 motivation to do anything except sleep (had four hours sleep and woke up 3 times last night :facepalm:). lol.

ED TW

Spoiler

really conflicted atm :frown: im going to ask my counsellor tomorrow whether she thinks i have depression and if she says no... i dont really know what im going to do. im so tired of this all, i cant cope with it.
I've just came back from the doctors and i've been prescribed fluoxetine and I have to go back in 3 weeks, that's a step forward!
I've just came back from the doctors and i've been prescribed fluoxetine and I have to go back in 3 weeks, that's a step forward!

Well done, I hope it works for you :smile:

That's great! You just reminded me to go and get my prescription. :colondollar:

Latest