The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is there any particular Surah you guys would like me to write about? I don't mind doing this because I love to spend my free-time learning more about Islam and the importance of the Quran. I also like imparting knowledge :smile: If I do get late replies maybe I'll think of one and write it up insha'Allah
Original post by Incredible97
From Lahore right :tongue:

Yeah lol. You from Kabul?
Original post by Mary562
Is there any particular Surah you guys would like me to write about? I don't mind doing this because I love to spend my free-time learning more about Islam and the importance of the Quran. I also like imparting knowledge :smile: If I do get late replies maybe I'll think of one and write it up insha'Allah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surah al Waaqi'ah, Please! 😃.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Surah al Waaqi'ah, Please! .

Sure will do that insha'Allah :smile:
Original post by Mary562

Afareen! :biggrin: lol
May Allah reward you for your hard effort Maryam jaan..
How are you feeling btw? :hugs:
If any others I'll have them on my list but I'll start off with the above surah :smile:
Afareen! :biggrin: lol
May Allah reward you for your hard effort Maryam jaan..
How are you feeling btw? :hugs:

Tashakur :smile:
Ameen - Alhamdulillah all is well now :smile:
How are you?
Assalamu Alaikum, how's everyone doing?
Original post by The Green Manalishi
Assalamu Alaikum, how's everyone doing?

Walaykumasalaam
Good alhamdulillah and yourself?
Surah Waqi'ah is actually a good surah to write about - Still reading it and the translation, it highlights the theme of the Hereafter and the refutation of the Makkan disbelievers suspicions about the Qur'an.
Original post by Mary562
Surah Waqi'ah is actually a good surah to write about - Still reading it and the translation, it highlights the theme of the Hereafter and the refutation of the Makkan disbelievers suspicions about the Qur'an.

Have you read the tafseer? I hope I don't sound rude sis, but how do you know you explanation is correct?
Original post by beautifulxxx
Have you read the tafseer? I hope I don't sound rude sis, but how do you know you explanation is correct?

Not at all - it says in the Quran :h:
Original post by Mary562

👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
Precisely. Pain is helpful sometimes. Allows you to wake up to reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM
Original post by Mary562

Surah Yusuf- the best of stories.

On a side note, i am going to be spending a lot of time trying to answer the claim that Muhammed pbuh copied from the Gospel of Infancy, which is believed to have possibly been in arabic around his time.

I have it here: http://biblehub.com/library/unknown/the_arabic_gospel_of_the_infancy_of_the_saviour/the_arabic_gospel_of_the.htm

My hypothesis is:

1. It could be that those who wrote it retained the oral traditions of the past, and the truth with regards to certain facts.

2. Similarity does not mean one copied from another. We believe there were already previous scriptures. The fact a portion of truth is retained is of no challenge to Islam at all.

3. If i am to find that in the entire gospel, there are fundamental differences between the Quran and it- this will greatly damage the claim Muhammed pbuh copied it.

Stay tuned for my findings.
(edited 9 years ago)
Western scholarly and scientific development was, of course, eminently indebted to Islamic civilization in fields from medicine (Avicenna's Qanun was used as the standard medical textbook in Europe through the seventeenth century) to scholastic theology (Thomas Aquinas admitted relying heavily on Averroes to understand Aristotle). Yet Renaissance heralds of Europe's newfound scientific promise could not admit their vast indebtedness to the hated, infidel Saracens. Avicenna, Averroes and other undeniably prominent Muslims in the western scholarly pantheon had to be uprooted completely from their 'Islamic' environment. Avicenna the physician was not recognized as Ibn Sina the Islamic philosopher and mystic.

Europeans embraced the Andalusian philosopher Averroes, who wrote such illuminating commentaries on Aristotle and Plato. They ignored that Ibn Rushd, as he was actually called, was the chief Shariah judge of Cordoba and a luminary of the Ulama who spent two decades writing comprehensive manual of Islamic Law. To their own detriment, Europeans also neglected Ibn Rushd's ground breaking reconciliation of religion and philosophy. The credit that Muslim scholars would receive from pioneers of modernism like Henri de Saint-Simon and even numerous National Geographic issues would not go beyond their role in 'transmitting Greek learning' to the west. When Western scholars have evinced an appreciation or admiration for Islamic scholarship, it is never for the religious sciences of law, language theory, exegesis, scriptural criticism or theology, which formed the voluminous core of the ulama's world.

[Jonathan A.C. Brown, Misquoting Muhammad, pp.12-13]
Original post by Mary562
Tashakur :smile:
Ameen - Alhamdulillah all is well now :smile:
How are you?

I'm good alhamdullilah
Original post by K1NG93
Yeah lol. You from Kabul?

Yep I'm from kabul..
Assalaamu 'alaikum

The prophet (saw) performed many miracles. They were witnessed by many people. Here's one of them:

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah:

I was with the Prophet (ﷺ) and the time for the `Asr prayer became due. We had no water with us except a little which was put in a vessel and was brought to the Prophet (ﷺ) . He put his hand into it and spread out his fingers and then said, "Come along! Hurry up! All those who want to perform ablution. The blessing is from Allah.'' I saw the water gushing out from his fingers. So the people performed the ablution and drank, and I tried to drink more of that water (beyond my thirst and capacity), for I knew that it was a blessing. The sub-narrator said: I asked Jabir, "How many persons were you then?" He replied, "We were one-thousand four hundred men." Salim said: Jabir said, 1500.

(Sahih al-Bukhari 5639)

:beard:
(edited 9 years ago)
Yep I'm from kabul..

Masha'Allah very nice.

Latest

Trending

Trending