The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
I suspect that C4 will be very challenging this year, moreso than last year's paper so best of luck to everyone.

Based on what?
Original post by Random1357
Based on what?

Based on changes in education and also how much of a jump I felt last year's paper was in comparison to all of the other mocks.
Original post by SeanFM
Based on changes in education and also how much of a jump I felt last year's paper was in comparison to all of the other mocks.

Doesn't matter as UMS will make it easier to get full marks as a silly error will be forgiven :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by SeanFM
I suspect that C4 will be very challenging this year, moreso than last year's paper so best of luck to everyone.

Ditto that

Original post by Hectors
But... Why?
And how far have you got with M2? we have only one chapter left :colone:

I do M2 and have finished M2, however I suck at mechanics simply because I dont do near enough practise for it. I got 100ums in c1 & c2 last year with 78 in M1.
Ive understoor all of the M2 content and actually found it interesting, I am not prepared for the mock we have when we come back thoguh as I simply have never bothered to open my M2 book at home and practise!

( I did D1 as an extra module last year and got 98ums)
Reply 64
Original post by Hudl
Ditto that

I do M2 and have finished M2, however I suck at mechanics simply because I dont do near enough practise for it. I got 100ums in c1 & c2 last year with 78 in M1.
Ive understoor all of the M2 content and actually found it interesting, I am not prepared for the mock we have when we come back thoguh as I simply have never bothered to open my M2 book at home and practise!

I got 78 ums in M1 as well! its funny cause i kept getting 100s whilst doing the past papers and yet i got screwed over by that **** exam.
I think generally that M2 is easier than m1 in the sense that there's not as much learning involved as in m1 cause most of it is assumed knowledge :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Hectors
I got 78 ums in M1 as well! its funny cause i kept getting 100s whilst doing the past papers and yet i got screwed over by that **** exam.
I think generally that M2 is easier than m1 in the sense that there's not as much learning involved as in m1 cause most of it is assumed knowledge :smile:

Last year's M1 was a bit....**** :ahee:
Reply 66
Original post by Gilo98

Only the truth :colone:
Reply 67
Original post by Hectors
Only the truth :colone:

Enjoyed the low UMS boundaries nonetheless :wink:
Original post by Hudl
Ditto that

Any tips for D1?
Most people in my school who did D1 in AS further Maths found it really boring and they ended up with low marks. U really enjoy it so I'm hoping to get goo UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hectors

Which uni if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 70
Original post by Itsmonique
Any tips for D1?
Most people in my school who did D1 in AS further Maths found it really boring and they ended up with low marks. U really enjoy it so I'm hoping to get goo UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just take your time with it, D1 is just like C1, with just more room to make mistakes. It is pretty boring as soon as you have solidified the knowledge however don't be complacent. Do all the papers a UMS is a UMS irrespective of the module. By the time you do like 5 papers you should find it repetitive, from there just aim to get 100% in everyone you do. I did a couple D1 solomon papers but only like 2/3. I also used the CGP book to learn and revise D1 which I didnt do for any other module because my heinmann book was absolutely ****
Reply 71
Original post by Hectors

Hahaha seriously?
I swear we are twins separated at birth, same GCSEs, same career prospect, same M1 score, I'm sure there are even more correlations lol :wink:

You luckily beat me at AS though :biggrin:
Original post by Itsmonique
Any tips for D1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you really need in D1 is a stroppy teacher. Applying the algorithms in a casual manner will get you low marks. As a teacher, D1 is the only module where I've ever felt that I should mark all practice papers, since it is the only way to make sure that the algorithms are being applied properly.
Original post by Hectors

Original post by Gilo98

To do well in Mechanics modules, you must make sure that you thoroughly understand all of the principles. Someone on the SR today said that M1 was about memorising. It really isn't!. Questions will be asked that are not just repeats of questions that you've seen before (though looking at questions from the early 2000s won'tdo you any harm if you are on Edexcel - they've been coming round again recently).
How come we have a C3 + C4 thread but no Edexcel M1 thread? :redface:
I know the Mega A level Maths thread can fill that void, but was just curious.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
How come we have a C3 + C4 thread but no Edexcel M1 thread? :redface:
I know the Mega A level Maths thread can fill that void, but was just curious.

Make one then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by Hudl
Hahaha seriously?
I swear we are twins separated at birth, same GCSEs, same career prospect, same M1 score, I'm sure there are even more correlations lol :wink:

You luckily beat me at AS though :biggrin:

Hahaha, brothers from the same mother :smile:

Original post by tiny hobbit
To do well in Mechanics modules, you must make sure that you thoroughly understand all of the principles. Someone on the SR today said that M1 was about memorising. It really isn't!. Questions will be asked that are not just repeats of questions that you've seen before (though looking at questions from the early 2000s won'tdo you any harm if you are on Edexcel - they've been coming round again recently).

Yeah I am aware of that. If i went just by memorising i am pretty sure i would have scored even less than i did. I am lucky that my mechanics teacher taught me pretty decently :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by tiny hobbit

Agreed, is the only reason why I did well on last years paper. Conversely though, I would say that C1 and C2 is much more 'recall' based - I can imagine someone being able to do well without having much 'understanding'. However, this approach would, in my opinion, come back to bite you in the arse for A2 :smile:
Reply 78
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 79

Dude, what was your revision technique let me know please? I'm retaking D1 and haven't started revising for it yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending