The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
Original post by JF-7
Out of interest, when did you apply/complete the VRT?

Cheers!

End of Jan! Got an email start of Feb telling me I wouldn't hear till early March but then they rang me today about an interview this week.
Reply 3101
Original post by sparkykate
Has anyone heard back from AG (Leeds office)? I applied the day before the deadline and still haven't heard anything! :frown:

Yeah unfortunately they've been holding ACs last week and this week, so I'd send them an email or check your junk folder :frown:
Reply 3102
Original post by TC39
End of Jan! Got an email start of Feb telling me I wouldn't hear till early March but then they rang me today about an interview this week.

Ah, same here minus the phone call! Good luck for the interview.
PFO from BLP for application submitted 28th Jan. No phone interview.
Original post by TC39
RPC interview! Anyone got any tips?

Competency based interview, tour around the office with a trainee and a presentation. Really great firm! Will hear back in March, fingers crossed!
Has anyone had any offers/rejections from White & Case?
Still waiting after the Watson-Glasser test for twobirds. Anyone heard anything?
PFO from Sidley Austin. Left with 4 firms post application.
PFO Sidley, looks they are making movements.
Walker Morris assessment centre :biggrin:
Original post by Aspiringlawyer20
Still waiting after the Watson-Glasser test for twobirds. Anyone heard anything?

Not a word. Nada. Zip.
Original post by sports007
Do you mind my asking how the AC was? Was the partner interview okay?!

I actually applied to the Sheffield office. I had my AC last week and got told I was successful today :smile: just have a partner interview now on Monday. Think the Sheffield process is slightly different as the partner interview is on a separate day. Good luck. All I can say is that the firm is really really friendly!
Original post by xLittleMissyx
How long to hear back from cms after interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey!

I had one on Thursday and was told 2-3 working days. Got an email on Friday saying I'd hear this week. So far no response and it's killing me!
Question, I was just wondering, firms like it when you tailor an answer to their firm, how would you tailor a generic 'why law?' question to a firm when the proceeding question is why them specifically?
Original post by canoepop
Hey!

I had one on Thursday and was told 2-3 working days. Got an email on Friday saying I'd hear this week. So far no response and it's killing me!

Hey thanks for the reply! I only had mine today and it is already killing me :P how did you think it all went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3115
To those waiting on Boodle hatfield… i just logged onto my cvmail thing by chance and saw an invite to a Skype interview which was sent on the 13th that i never got any email or anything about! so worth logging into that if you applied!
Original post by ScroogeHumbug
Question, I was just wondering, firms like it when you tailor an answer to their firm, how would you tailor a generic 'why law?' question to a firm when the proceeding question is why them specifically?

I don't think for that sort of question it is important to tailor the question as such, but simply get across your passion for the profession and particular things that attract you to the firm. However there may be certain circumstances where you could tailor it slightly. For instance, you could write that you have enjoyed applying your theoretical knowledge of the law in a practical context through pro bono initiatives and that you are particularly pleased with 'X firm's' own passion to promote corporate social responsibility... Something like that maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also got a PFO from Sidley :P
Hey thanks for the reply! I only had mine today and it is already killing me :P how did you think it all went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good luck! I have no idea how mine went - I think the interview was okay - but the analysis part at the start was tricky!

How about you?
I don't think for that sort of question it is important to tailor the question as such, but simply get across your passion for the profession and particular things that attract you to the firm. However there may be certain circumstances where you could tailor it slightly. For instance, you could write that you have enjoyed applying your theoretical knowledge of the law in a practical context through pro bono initiatives and that you are particularly pleased with 'X firm's' own passion to promote corporate social responsibility... Something like that maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

Quick Reply