The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

I received my finance letter and form yesterday from Magdalene, but I'm confused. It says that my parents must provide proof of:

a) a letter from your parents confirming that they are willing and able to meet all your expenses during your time at Magdalene.

b) Statement(s) of accounts on the funds available annually (and the types of funds if not held in cash).

c) Letter(s) from financial organisations, officially certifying the funds are currently held and that the account has operated normally in the past.

My parents can't afford to fund my three years at uni though and I'm going to be using Student Finance. I'm really confused :s.

Did anyone else get this and understand it?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1241
Original post by ILovePancakes
I received my finance letter and form yesterday from Magdalene, but I'm confused. It says that my parents must provide proof of:

a) a letter from your parents confirming that they are willing and able to meet all your expenses during your time at Magdalene.

b) Statement(s) of accounts on the funds available annually (and the types of funds if not held in cash).

c) Letter(s) from financial organisations, officially certifying the funds are currently held and that the account has operated normally in the past.

My parents can't afford to fund my three years at uni though and I'm going to be using Student Finance. I'm really confused :s.

O.o that sounds really weird. Are you sure you put the right student finance on UCAS?

This sounds like you might have been classified as Overseas... check your offer letter carefully as mine said my fee classification. Definitely call up and clarify.
Original post by TVIO
O.o that sounds really weird. Are you sure you put the right student finance on UCAS?

Original post by alwaysalex
This sounds like you might have been classified as Overseas... check your offer letter carefully as mine said my fee classification. Definitely call up and clarify.

Just checked and I definitely did put Student Finance England on my application. This is really weird, will have to call up later to clarify!
Just checked and I definitely did put Student Finance England on my application. This is really weird, will have to call up later to clarify!

It can all be a bit complicated, if anything is unclear they could classify you as overseas until you clarify. On my offer letter I was originally put as overseas, but I contacted them and provided some more information and they corrected it.

Yeah I got that and it's not a mistake (I am NOT overseas). It's tough. But you can include the money you get from student finance in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an offer to read classics at robinson, A*AA, but terrified of not meeting my offer! Probably going to put UCL as my insurance but my heart is definitely set on Cambridge.
Original post by RebekahHornsby
I have an offer to read classics at robinson, A*AA, but terrified of not meeting my offer! Probably going to put UCL as my insurance but my heart is definitely set on Cambridge.

High five for UCL insurance! Although I'm going for a completely different course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RebekahHornsby

I'm Robinson too! :-) but for Law

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umutalberts
Yeah I got that and it's not a mistake (I am NOT overseas). It's tough. But you can include the money you get from student finance in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would you show that you have money from Student Finance and do they expect proof for the whole three years?
1424196810462.jpg
Can someone please help with 14.33?
Posted from TSR Mobile
1424196810462.jpg
Can someone please help with 14.33?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Won't the string with length BP oscillate at its natural frequency and the others at a frequency proportional to their length?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Won't the string with length BP oscillate at its natural frequency and the others at a frequency proportional to their length?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! What about part b?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! What about part b?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can add cardboard disks to increase air resistance and heavier damping will decrease the amplitude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
You can add cardboard disks to increase air resistance and heavier damping will decrease the amplitude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody else feeling really down and maybe depressed now that all the application excitement and stress is over?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody else feeling really down and maybe depressed now that all the application excitement and stress is over?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not over yet for medics😂

But I guess you have a point, the whole application thing does make my life a tad more exciting...:tongue:
Original post by RainbowVeins
Not over yet for medics������

But I guess you have a point, the whole application thing does make my life a tad more exciting...:tongue:

What do you mean not yet for medics?
Original post by aersh8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not quite. Its a driven system and so after the transient response dies away all of them will oscillate at the driving frequency (i.e. The natural frequency of the heavy ball) they will oscillate with amplitudes depending on how their respective natural frequency relates to the driving frequency.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why depressed? Mostly relief here if I'm honest lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending