:o:
Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous

Spoiler

me :emo:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
TLG Update: This is very minor compared to what's happening with other people in the thread atm :erm: But here goes...

Am going to Oxford tomorrow and basically need people to send good vibes so that E doesn't appear anywhere where I am planning to be. It shouldn't happen but the voices are trying to convince me that it will and I'm scared :frown:

:jumphug: :frown: :jumphug:

Yeah, they're not really like most other South Asian arranged marriages. Basically the parents of the prospective partners facilitate some kinda introduction and then if the two young people like each other, they meet again, then again, keep meeting for a while, then get engaged, then get married after a year or two. It's quite civilised - basically like your friends setting you up on a blind date, but your parents doing it instead! There are pros and cons to it, as one might imagine...

Hugs for you too

sending good vibes :hugs:
sending good vibes :hugs:

me :sigh:
TLG Update: This is very minor compared to what's happening with other people in the thread atm :erm: But here goes...

Am going to Oxford tomorrow and basically need people to send good vibes so that E doesn't appear anywhere where I am planning to be. It shouldn't happen but the voices are trying to convince me that it will and I'm scared :frown:

Yeah, they're not really like most other South Asian arranged marriages. Basically the parents of the prospective partners facilitate some kinda introduction and then if the two young people like each other, they meet again, then again, keep meeting for a while, then get engaged, then get married after a year or two. It's quite civilised - basically like your friends setting you up on a blind date, but your parents doing it instead! There are pros and cons to it, as one might imagine...

Hugs for you too

Good luck tomorrow hun! You gonna be with friends to be kept safe?

Also you dont have to answer, or can answer privately. You know you said your MH illness could ruin your sisters future/marriage prospects? How do they feel about it? Just curious :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
me :sigh:

Thanks lovely. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain :frown: Obviously won't be at laptop tomorrow but hope to support you a bit more from Thursday onwards, if there's any way in which I can help :console:

Original post by PandaWho
Good luck tomorrow hun! You gonna be with friends to be kept safe?

Also you dont have to answer, or can answer privately. You know you said your MH illness could ruin your sisters future/marriage prospects? How do they feel about it? Just curious :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Yeah, I'll rarely be alone, dw :smile:

I don't think my sisters have even given it proper thought tbh. I think, being an overthinker, it's something I'm acutely aware of and worry about a lot, but I don't think they've thought about it or if they have, it doesn't bother them, coz we're a tight trio and sisters always come first :yep:

Oh that's interesting, thanks for the explanation :smile: I've only met Tamils in the past and all have been very liberal about dating. Good luck in Oxford I hope it goes well for you. Don't let those voices win. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks lovely. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain :frown: Obviously won't be at laptop tomorrow but hope to support you a bit more from Thursday onwards, if there's any way in which I can help :console:

I don't think my sisters have even given it proper thought tbh. I think, being an overthinker, it's something I'm acutely aware of and worry about a lot, but I don't think they've thought about it or if they have, it doesn't bother them, coz we're a tight trio and sisters always come first :yep:

Gooood! Im sure things will be fine :hugs:

You seem really tight and thats really good :hugs: its good that they dont seem to have an issue with it. I dont think i could cope with any arranged marriage situation if im honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My girlfriends driving scares me but i don't know how to tell her :s-smilie:
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh that's interesting, thanks for the explanation :smile: I've only met Tamils in the past and all have been very liberal about dating. Good luck in Oxford I hope it goes well for you. Don't let those voices win. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks very much. I'm Sinhalese so it's probably a bit different. Though my understanding had been that Tamils are even stricter than the Sinhalese :eek: You must have met some Tamils with uber-cool parents :lol:

Original post by PandaWho
Gooood! Im sure things will be fine :hugs:

You seem really tight and thats really good :hugs: its good that they dont seem to have an issue with it. I dont think i could cope with any arranged marriage situation if im honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arranged marriages aren't ideal in some ways, but they equally aren't all automatically as bad as people tend to imagine :nah: I do see why loads of people aren't in favour of them but if I were straight and a bit less shy, I'd be in total favour of having one myself :h:
x

:jumphug:

x

Good luck tomorrow! :hugs:

Won't let me go back onto the previous page for some reason :unimpressed:

Thanks lovely. It's alright, dw about me. Hope tomorrow goes well, will be thinking of you.
Original post by furryface12
:jumphug:

Won't let me go back onto the previous page for some reason :unimpressed:

ffs I actually give up with anon.
Feeling really impulsive.
Original post by furryface12

Thanks lovely. It's alright, dw about me. Hope tomorrow goes well, will be thinking of you.

Thanks ladies, and thanks everyone who's wished me luck so far. If any of you get hysterical, nonsensical texts tomorrow, you'll know why :tongue:

:grouphugs:

*vibe* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*vibe* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*vibe* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:tongue:
Thanks very much. I'm Sinhalese so it's probably a bit different. Though my understanding had been that Tamils are even stricter than the Sinhalese :eek: You must have met some Tamils with uber-cool parents :lol:

Arranged marriages aren't ideal in some ways, but they equally aren't all automatically as bad as people tend to imagine :nah: I do see why loads of people aren't in favour of them but if I were straight and a bit less shy, I'd be in total favour of having one myself :h:

Im mostly against marriage in general, so arranged marriages definitely dont appeal :tongue: i think im so against cos my dad cheated on my mum, so its like urrrm im ok thanks :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place and my life will never amount to much :frown:

Latest