The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
TLG Update: This is very minor compared to what's happening with other people in the thread atm :erm: But here goes...

Am going to Oxford tomorrow and basically need people to send good vibes so that E doesn't appear anywhere where I am planning to be. It shouldn't happen but the voices are trying to convince me that it will and I'm scared :frown:

Really hope everything goes well for you tomorrow, dont let the voices win.. :hugs:
Really over thinking things right now :/ starting to feel like im not going to be good enough for uni... as im struggling with these essays i have currently... but then again i dont really like any of the subjects and just feel like getting 4 assignments done in 3/4 weeks i too much :/ tell me im being stupid and that it wont be the same at uni and that it will all be okay...
Original post by Jay018
Really over thinking things right now :/ starting to feel like im not going to be good enough for uni... as im struggling with these essays i have currently... but then again i dont really like any of the subjects and just feel like getting 4 assignments done in 3/4 weeks i too much :/ tell me im being stupid and that it wont be the same at uni and that it will all be okay...

It'd depend on your course I'd say... what I'm studying at Uni right now has about 2 major projects due in the space of three weeks. One of which is due next week. The other one counts for a significant part of the final grade. You know that feeling where you feel like you're on the top floor of a burning building...

Even though it's lots of work, I find it doable because I actually enjoy it. In which case, it's 10 times easier than what I was doing in A levels, which was a nightmare in it's own right. Just push through the next few days, it WILL get better! :smile: (Make sure you're doing a subject you enjoy in Uni too! TSR believes in you!)
getting myself more and more upset over this whole situation. I will be so upset if I find out that GP never called CT... not sure how I will ever know. I don't actually want their crap intervention anyway as I hate them but that's not the point. all I can think about is how to take this suffering away
Original post by Autumn Melody
It'd depend on your course I'd say... what I'm studying at Uni right now has about 2 major projects due in the space of three weeks. One of which is due next week. The other one counts for a significant part of the final grade. You know that feeling where you feel like you're on the top floor of a burning building...

Even though it's lots of work, I find it doable because I actually enjoy it. In which case, it's 10 times easier than what I was doing in A levels, which was a nightmare in it's own right. Just push through the next few days, it WILL get better! :smile: (Make sure you're doing a subject you enjoy in Uni too! TSR believes in you!)

Well itll be Education studies... so not sure how often it would be but no exams. the only 'exams' i have will be timed essays which is a massive weight off my shoulders as i suck at proper exams! But i enjoy doing the projects and presentations as i can look at what ever i want really and then again it would be one module at a time but may have multiple essays for them, but will be easier as i wont be having to remember 4 lots of things. but yes, it feels like that, i have so many words to write. at a guess around 4000 left in total! But then again quotes are included so it wont take too long.... just need to find the blummin things first!

But yes it will be more enjoyable to do than what im doing now, as i took the course so im not delaying my studies even further, as the course i got onto didnt have enough people on it (had one other person) so got transferred onto this one. but ill try too, my english seems to be writing up quickly so another 4 hours with that tomorrow and hopefully itll be done... but then its 2000 words more for my history (oh joy of joys!) but what makes things harder is im think of taking friday off as its my birthday then, but having second thoughts about that and might just do some so its done in time... thankies for the support :redface:
Original post by Jay018

It depends on the course but generally you have 3 modules per semester, and at my uni i had 2 assignments per module that could be an essay with 2 parts, an essay and a presentation, 2 essays or whatever the lecturer decides. And we got given them generally at the start of the module and theyd be due a few months later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
It depends on the course but generally you have 3 modules per semester, and at my uni i had 2 assignments per module that could be an essay with 2 parts, an essay and a presentation, 2 essays or whatever the lecturer decides. And we got given them generally at the start of the module and theyd be due a few months later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that sounds better than im currently doing, as i have 4 modules per month with generally around a 1500-2000 word essay for them all, all due in for around a month after we were given them!
Original post by Jay018
Well itll be Education studies... so not sure how often it would be but no exams. the only 'exams' i have will be timed essays which is a massive weight off my shoulders as i suck at proper exams! But i enjoy doing the projects and presentations as i can look at what ever i want really and then again it would be one module at a time but may have multiple essays for them, but will be easier as i wont be having to remember 4 lots of things. but yes, it feels like that, i have so many words to write. at a guess around 4000 left in total! But then again quotes are included so it wont take too long.... just need to find the blummin things first!

But yes it will be more enjoyable to do than what im doing now, as i took the course so im not delaying my studies even further, as the course i got onto didnt have enough people on it (had one other person) so got transferred onto this one. but ill try too, my english seems to be writing up quickly so another 4 hours with that tomorrow and hopefully itll be done... but then its 2000 words more for my history (oh joy of joys!) but what makes things harder is im think of taking friday off as its my birthday then, but having second thoughts about that and might just do some so its done in time... thankies for the support :redface:

4000 words. That's a lot of words. But by the looks of things, your a lot better at essay writing than I could ever be, I'm sure it will all go well! :P :P I'm not too sure what Education Studies entails, is it learning about how people... learn?

Who knows, maybe you'll be done even before the 3 weeks is up 8) Be sure to chill out well and proper for your birthday! Happy (17th? 18th? 19th? 23rd? 24th? 29th?) In advance!
Original post by Jay018
Well that sounds better than im currently doing, as i have 4 modules per month with generally around a 1500-2000 word essay for them all, all due in for around a month after we were given them!

My university course had 4 modules per year, each with 2 4000 word essays (1 in first term, 1 in second) which were worth zero. Then you could do a 3 hour exam, a 5000 word essay and a 1.5hour exam or 2 5000 word essays for assessment at the end of the summer term.
Original post by Jay018

It depends on the course an uni obviously, but if your worried and know what uni your hoping to go to, but you could email the head of the course and ask what the assessment rules are at your uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown:
**** I am so panicky and I just cant do any of this any more :frown: :frown:
4000 words. That's a lot of words. But by the looks of things, your a lot better at essay writing than I could ever be, I'm sure it will all go well! :P :P I'm not too sure what Education Studies entails, is it learning about how people... learn?

Who knows, maybe you'll be done even before the 3 weeks is up 8) Be sure to chill out well and proper for your birthday! Happy (17th? 18th? 19th? 23rd? 24th? 29th?) In advance!

It sure is, but thats including the over contingency for them. but i can be, but sometimes struggle with starting, but then again who doesnt... but i am getting extra help for that and hope to do so when at uni so should be okay. But in a way yes, but also at how ethnicity plays a part and also disability and so on. what also is awesome is in years 2+3 i can drop modules and can take modules from any subject in the uni!

well not really as one is due in next wednesday (already done) and then my english lit and history the following tuesday. and then i have a presentation due the weds following that. (just need to touch it up) but i will try to do so :P and its the big two-zero! Eeekk! thanks all the same :smile:
Original post by ScaryScience
getting myself more and more upset over this whole situation. I will be so upset if I find out that GP never called CT... not sure how I will ever know. I don't actually want their crap intervention anyway as I hate them but that's not the point. all I can think about is how to take this suffering away

Don't let GP's incompetence get you down! (Although, she does sound phenomenally bad...)

Tried calling an organisation like Samaritans helpline? I've been recommended them before, but never tried it out so don't know what to expect :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
My university course had 4 modules per year, each with 2 4000 word essays (1 in first term, 1 in second) which were worth zero. Then you could do a 3 hour exam, a 5000 word essay and a 1.5hour exam or 2 5000 word essays for assessment at the end of the summer term.

Wow, that sounds quite challenging. mine will all be counted though as no exams to be seen on it. only timed essays. which i dont know how long will be or how much but it will all balance out if i suck on them and can make up stuff in ones i excel in.
Original post by PandaWho
It depends on the course an uni obviously, but if your worried and know what uni your hoping to go to, but you could email the head of the course and ask what the assessment rules are at your uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not overly worried about the modules at uni. the only issue is college having 3 subjects to do and doing 15 graded modules in a year, doing an access course, so doing my a levels in a year. but i wont bother emailing them, as im going over for the day on the 27th for an applicant day, so will be able to ask then :smile: but have a good idea of what they are as i had a good long chat with the course leader before accepting the offer as i was moved over as i was unsuccessful on my first try haha but dont care about that :P
Original post by Jay018
Wow, that sounds quite challenging. mine will all be counted though as no exams to be seen on it. only timed essays. which i dont know how long will be or how much but it will all balance out if i suck on them and can make up stuff in ones i excel in.

Yeah it was pretty challenging, I really didn't see the point in essays worth zero (practice I suppose :dontknow: ). What's the difference between a timed essay and an exam where you write essays?
Yeah it was pretty challenging, I really didn't see the point in essays worth zero (practice I suppose :dontknow: ). What's the difference between a timed essay and an exam where you write essays?

At my university you know the questions for timed essays (they're also classed as coursework marks, not exam marks), but not for exam essays. Could be different elsewhere though.

-------------

Feel really low all of a sudden. Don't know what to do. :frown:

Yeah, i dont either.

the difference is that we get the questions a week before hand, which there are 4 of and chose 3. so we then can prepare our answers for the 3 questions we have chosen.
Don't let GP's incompetence get you down! (Although, she does sound phenomenally bad...)

Tried calling an organisation like Samaritans helpline? I've been recommended them before, but never tried it out so don't know what to expect :smile:

thanks. the thing is I know shes not phenomenally bad.... like shes so nice to everyone and used to be nice to me but now she just couldn't give a ****. used Samaritans a lot, with mixed experiences. just been looking up local numbers cause am considering calling. cant take this any more :'(

Latest