The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
At my university you know the questions for timed essays (they're also classed as coursework marks, not exam marks), but not for exam essays. Could be different elsewhere though.

-------------

Feel really low all of a sudden. Don't know what to do. :frown:

Original post by Jay018
Yeah, i dont either.

the difference is that we get the questions a week before hand, which there are 4 of and chose 3. so we then can prepare our answers for the 3 questions we have chosen.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

I way prefer exams. I tend to absorb information quite easily so never do much revision and with an exam I can just write everything that was said in lectures (assuming I went to them :tongue: ) with much less need to go find articles/books etc and put in a lot of work. :colondollar:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
TLG Update: This is very minor compared to what's happening with other people in the thread atm :erm: But here goes...

Am going to Oxford tomorrow and basically need people to send good vibes so that E doesn't appear anywhere where I am planning to be. It shouldn't happen but the voices are trying to convince me that it will and I'm scared :frown:
:

:hugs: sending my good vibes!

I took my fluoxotine or whatever it's called earlier and I've been waiting like 3 hours for it to make me drowsy ... Not happening

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
thanks. the thing is I know shes not phenomenally bad.... like shes so nice to everyone and used to be nice to me but now she just couldn't give a ****. used Samaritans a lot, with mixed experiences. just been looking up local numbers cause am considering calling. cant take this any more :'(

If nothing else, could you get yourself to an A&E? They'd be able to keep you safe there if all else fails.
Ready to book a one way ticket to my mums. Im Done with life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

I way prefer exams. I tend to absorb information quite easily so never do much revision and with an exam I can just write everything that was said in lectures (assuming I went to them :tongue: ) with much less need to go find articles/books etc and put in a lot of work. :colondollar:

No problem.

I am not very good at certain exams, as i cant hold info, if they are exams on theory stuff however, i can excel in them dont have to revise and will ace them. Did that in my first 2 years at college and got distinctions in my final exams :biggrin: at least 85% i think it was in both :biggrin:

but i hate the research part of them, as it take sooooo long! love the ones where i can just copy off the class handouts and hey-presto essay done :P
Today and yesterday have been pretty good, but I had no classes today and now I'm feeling anxious again about going back to university tomorrow, which is made worse by the fact that I HAVE to go because I missed last week :/
Anyone here ever been given tablets by the doctors and then forgot what to do with them ?

I got sleeping tablets as not been sleeping at all. Remember my doctor said take half a one for 4 nights. Then stop for couple nights. But then cant remember if he said take them every other night, and if it was whether it was half every other night or a full one every other night

Already had one phone call appointment with him this week. Would it be annoying to phone up tomorrow to confirm what to do with tablets tomorrow ?
Surprised my teddies not drowned yet the amount iv cried on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Anyone here ever been given tablets by the doctors and then forgot what to do with them ?

I got sleeping tablets as not been sleeping at all. Remember my doctor said take half a one for 4 nights. Then stop for couple nights. But then cant remember if he said take them every other night, and if it was whether it was half every other night or a full one every other night

Already had one phone call appointment with him this week. Would it be annoying to phone up tomorrow to confirm what to do with tablets tomorrow ?

I'd give him a call. He'd probably prefer you to call and check rather than do the wrong thing. :smile:

Dies it not say on the box?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by PandaWho
Dies it not say on the box?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does, but it says one every night which is different to what he told me to do from beginning as he doesnt want me to become to reliant on them

So not sure if to phone him or now that i had half a one for 4 nights and will have been off them 2 days tomorrow whether to just take one every night or not
I'd give him a call. He'd probably prefer you to call and check rather than do the wrong thing. :smile:

Thank you, its like I feel daft as it does say on the box take one every night, but that is different to what he said in the beginning. He said take half a one for 4 nights, come off for a couple of nights, then after that can't remember

I could just after being off for 2 days tomorrow, take one every night as it says on the box. But as what he said from beginning was different to that do you still think i should phone ?
It does, but it says one every night which is different to what he told me to do from beginning as he doesnt want me to become to reliant on them

So not sure if to phone him or now that i had half a one for 4 nights and will have been off them 2 days tomorrow whether to just take one every night or not

When i get sleeping pills i usually take 4 nights in a row then stop then as and when after that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, its like I feel daft as it does say on the box take one every night, but that is different to what he said in the beginning. He said take half a one for 4 nights, come off for a couple of nights, then after that can't remember

I could just after being off for 2 days tomorrow, take one every night as it says on the box. But as what he said from beginning was different to that do you still think i should phone ?

From my experience with prescriptions, what's written on the box doesn't always agree with what you're meant to do as they can only put a brief description of what to do. If it's one of the Z-drugs then taking one every night for too long could be a quick route to addiction. Also if he said half then one may leave you very drowsy the next day (this applies to zolpidem more than zopiclone). I'd call and check, just be honest and say you got confused and I'm sure he won't mind if he's a good doctor. :smile:
Original post by PandaWho
When i get sleeping pills i usually take 4 nights in a row then stop then as and when after that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I might try that. However not sure whether to take full one, or as for first 4 nights i took half a one, to take half a one still
From my experience with prescriptions, what's written on the box doesn't always agree with what you're meant to do as they can only put a brief description of what to do. If it's one of the Z-drugs then taking one every night for too long could be a quick route to addiction. Also if he said half then one may leave you very drowsy the next day (this applies to zolpidem more than zopiclone). I'd call and check, just be honest and say you got confused and I'm sure he won't mind if he's a good doctor. :smile:

That may explain why then as it is zoldipem i am on :smile:
That may explain why then as it is zoldipem i am on :smile:

I don't know if you drive but it's worth knowing that, for women especially, you can still be under the influence of the drug the next morning even if you can't feel it (more so if you take 10mg) so be careful with that.
Can i also ask this, and sorry if i am asking too many questions.

As some of you may be aware, I have been in quite a state of parents needing to move house, like a really bad state. I didn' wabt to change doctors or area. Crying lots. Thinking i am going mad for worrying and feeling like i do. The sleeping issues, although that has been a problem for a while. Getting angry easy. Not much appetite. Pains in chest every so often. Can't relax

However we have a solution now, parents are moving but we also gonna rent a flat in local area between us as will come in handy when visiting friends and some of dads work up here. I am going to use flat as my main address and stay prob 2 or 3 nights a week, all means i also dont have to change my doctors

Anyway, i saw doctor for an emergency appointment the other week as dad was really quite worried about me. Doctor has signed me off sick, and wants to see me every 2 or 3 weeks at the moment. Claiming ESA as feel unable to work at the moment in current state and also awaiting CBT for social anxiety which stops me applying for so many jobs and having a social life

I am going to let my doctor know the house thing isn't a problem and a solution been found. But worried he may then say he doesn't need to see me for depression and that now as he may see it as i am now happy, which i am in a way. But everyone said this must have been brewing under the surface as just moving house wouldnt have set me off like it has done

Also depressed that i am 30 in 5 years and have no social life, depressed, anxious. Scared of dying and getting anything such as cancer, has caused me to lie awake on nights crying

Do people agree that just because a solution has been find with regards to changing house, that doesn't mean the depression anf social anxiety isn't still something that my doctor should follow up closely ? And it most probs has been brewing for a while
I don't know if you drive but it's worth knowing that, for women especially, you can still be under the influence of the drug the next morning even if you can't feel it (more so if you take 10mg) so be careful with that.

Thats interesting that as didn't know that, and do drive. Not sure what mg I am on, just that took half a tablet for 4 days

Latest