The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neostigmine
You pick up a form on the day to be reimbursed. You can submit it there and then or post it in later. You'll need receipts. They'll reimburse travel but not accommodation.

Good luck :smile:

Thanks, you have honestly been an amazing help! Will you be there on the day? I'd love to meet you! x
Original post by Joanne9495
Thanks, you have honestly been an amazing help! Will you be there on the day? I'd love to meet you! x

I'd like to be and I will try. :yes:. The first year I haven't been able to help with interviews for sure because of clinical teaching getting in the way :sad:>
I'd like to be and I will try. :yes:. The first year I haven't been able to help with interviews for sure because of clinical teaching getting in the way :sad:>

This is a bit of a weird question lol, but do you guess who the people are on the student room when you see them for the interviews??
Original post by o.nalhady
This is a bit of a weird question lol, but do you guess who the people are on the student room when you see them for the interviews??

Ahaha no not really! It's actually the other way around. My username on TSR used to be my first name, and my name is on my medical student badge. People would ask me if I was the girl from TSR a lot so I got my username changed! Still happens a little bit though.

It is nice to meet TSRians though. It seems to come up one way or another and it's really nice to put a face to the username! Especially when you all start in October :yes:.
Have all the interviews been given out? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hamzah Amir Khan
Trust me it absolutely was an amazing trip! Here's a selfie of me with some of the children from a local primary school... we literally felt like celebrities

Salam bro,

Looks like an amazing trip, what program was this apart of? Was this during your gap year (if you had one)? I am interested in this program you have any details or tips?

JazakhAllah.
Do they allow GCSE resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D.rambo
Do they allow GCSE resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Within what timeframe?
You pick up a form on the day to be reimbursed. You can submit it there and then or post it in later. You'll need receipts. They'll reimburse travel but not accommodation.

Good luck :smile:

Say for example I drive to southampton from London and I fill up the tank and that costs 50 pounds.. will they pay me 50 pounds back??
Original post by o.nalhady
Say for example I drive to southampton from London and I fill up the tank and that costs 50 pounds.. will they pay me 50 pounds back??

No. For driving, they have a set amount in pence per mile. You tell them how many miles you drove and they work it out from that. I think it is 40 something pence per mile but can't recall off the top of my head.
Well I'm in yr 12 and got straight A's in mocks so was thinking to resit GCSEs in thd summer
Original post by D.rambo
Well I'm in yr 12 and got straight A's in mocks so was thinking to resit GCSEs in thd summer

I think it would depend on the subjects you need to resit. If they're required subjects then I don't think that Southampton will be happy about it. If you have the right grades but are just improving them that should be fine.
I think it would depend on the subjects you need to resit. If they're required subjects then I don't think that Southampton will be happy about it. If you have the right grades but are just improving them that should be fine.

Hi, sorry to bother you AGAIN! Would the U1 bus take me straight from the Southampton Central to the university? Also, in the coach station, are they any places I could buy dinner before I head back home?
I managed to book a flight down and 2 buses back for £70! :smile:
Hi, sorry to bother you AGAIN! Would the U1 bus take me straight from the Southampton Central to the university? Also, in the coach station, are they any places I could buy dinner before I head back home?
I managed to book a flight down and 2 buses back for £70! :smile:

Yep! All the unilink buses go through the campus as they're run by the university.

I thik the best one will be a U1A as that is headed back up through the city but any unilink bus!

Coach station - which one? Is it the one on campus or is it another one?

You're no bother at all. Any excuse not to have to do my essay :lol:
Thanks, it is the one near the train station - Southampton Coach Station? (I think) Or anywhere near - I have a few hours to spare! :smile:
Thanks, it is the one near the train station - Southampton Coach Station? (I think) Or anywhere near - I have a few hours to spare! :smile:

oh you're right by town. In West Quay (look for John Lewis but it's all sign posted) there is a food court upstairs (Nandos, McD, KFC, Subway, Wagamama, Yo Sushi, Pizza hut & express, spud-u-like, a burrito place, cafe rouge, honest burger co, errrr... Lots!)

That's probably the safest bet as it's easily accessible and nearby!
Does anyone know if our personal statements will be considered at the 20 minute individual interview? Just doing some prep and wondering if it is worthwhile going through it.

Also, is Evidence Based Learning which is used in the Year 0 the same as PBL?
(edited 9 years ago)
Yep! All the unilink buses go through the campus as they're run by the university.

I thik the best one will be a U1A as that is headed back up through the city but any unilink bus!

Coach station - which one? Is it the one on campus or is it another one?

You're no bother at all. Any excuse not to have to do my essay :lol:

Hi Neostigmine I have a really important question

I've been invited for interview (yay!) however I can't seem to get in contact with the doctor I shadowed 6 months ago as he's moved to the states and so I can't get a reference (don't know his number or email). Southampton haven't been asked for one yet but I'm scared that if I do get an offer I might blow it by not having asked for a stupid reference when I should have.

Would Southampton ask for proof/references if I get an offer? Help please.:frown:
Original post by MedicalHopeful97
Hi Neostigmine I have a really important question

I've been invited for interview (yay!) however I can't seem to get in contact with the doctor I shadowed 6 months ago as he's moved to the states and so I can't get a reference (don't know his number or email). Southampton haven't been asked for one yet but I'm scared that if I do get an offer I might blow it by not having asked for a stupid reference when I should have.

Would Southampton ask for proof/references if I get an offer? Help please.:frown:

That's a really important question. Stop worrying. They will not ask you for proof of work experience or references.

Original post by Mel1312
Does anyone know if our personal statements will be considered at the 20 minute individual interview? Just doing some prep and wondering if it is worthwhile going through it.

Also, is Evidence Based Learning which is used in the Year 0 the same as PBL?

They will have it with them and your interview may well be based on things you have written so absolutely it is worth going through it and thinking about all the things you mentioned it in. So that when they say "Oh I see you went moonwalking in Patagonia" you remember what it was you wrote about it and can talk about it.

EBM is not PBL. We do not do PBL. Evidence based learning I believe is just a fancy way of saying that we have lectures and what we are taught is based in evidence from current research etc.

We have EBM lectures once a week in Year 4 of the BM6 programme (Year 3 of BM5) and they're just regular lectures :yes:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AliRizzo
Just out of interest does anyone know the weightings of the group interview and the panel interview? For example is performance in the panel interview more highly regarded than in the group interview? Thanks

Equal weightings. Need to perform well in both.

Latest

Trending

Trending