The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Master Sam
Hey guys,

has anyone heard anything from the engineering department? I haven't heard anything and it's been 2 months now... :/

bro, i have been waiting since october... but for economics

Just check when visit days are - they will release offers before these dates :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by tazza ma razza
bro, i have been waiting since october... but for economics

Just check when visit days are - they will release offers before these dates :smile:

Open days for the university in general or open days for the specific department? Can you tell me where to find the dates online please :smile:
Open days for the university in general or open days for the specific department? Can you tell me where to find the dates online please :smile:

From the email....
We are holding open days on the following dates:
· Wednesday 11th February
· Friday 27th February
· Wednesday 11th March
· Wednesday 18th March

The introductory day runs from 1.30-4.30pm.

I was given this
The ones who have an offer for maths... I have 2 questions:
1.Did you register for the STEP support?
2.Is UCL your first choice? Will you firm it?
(I know I've asked this before, but I only got one answer)

I am asking this because i'm not sure if I will firm it(I'm still waiting for an answer) and I dont know if I should register for the support, considering that I might not choose it. It doesn't seem right:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
From the email....
· Friday 27th February
· Wednesday 11th March
· Wednesday 18th March

I was given this

Ohh right I don't know why I haven't received that email? :confused: but thanks for the dates
Original post by Dianav99

I am asking this because i'm not sure if I will firm it(I'm still waiting for an answer) and I dont know if I should register for the support, considering that I might not choose it. It doesn't seem right:biggrin:

The STEP support has been really helpful so far, and there seem to be quite a few people registered who might not firm UCL, so I wouldn't worry about it! UCL don't seem to mind either, just go for it! :biggrin:

I'm definitely going to firm UCL, I really liked the department when I visited and the support they give for STEP gives me high hopes for the quality of support during the course itself :biggrin:
Has anyone else got an offer for English Lit? I just got mine through a few days ago - so happy!
Reply 967
Original post by staks
I have an offer for the neuroscience too!

It's so hard finding fellow Neuroscience students. Are you planning to firm UCL?
Original post by TerminallyFutile
The STEP support has been really helpful so far, and there seem to be quite a few people registered who might not firm UCL, so I wouldn't worry about it! UCL don't seem to mind either, just go for it! :biggrin:

I'm definitely going to firm UCL, I really liked the department when I visited and the support they give for STEP gives me high hopes for the quality of support during the course itself :biggrin:

Oh ok thank you!!!!! This was really helpful!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 969
Original post by ElmiH
It's so hard finding fellow Neuroscience students. Are you planning to firm UCL?

I'm not sure I have an interview at ucl for medicine and if I get an offer for that I will be firming it. I am also waiting to here back from my othe medicine unis.
Ohh right I don't know why I haven't received that email? :confused: but thanks for the dates

That email was from the Maths Department.
Original post by Dianav99

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) I have just had the email offering the STEP support. Not sure if I will register as I am not planning to take STEP.
2) UCL is my hardest offer (A*A*A) at present versus (AAA & AAB) and I still have 2 top Universities to reply to me. I honestly cannot say what I will do until all of my choices have replied.

If the support is on offer and available, use it....good luck.
Original post by JamjamjamT
That email was from the Maths Department.

I have not received any emails from UCL since I submitted my application, I haven't got the acknowledgment email too :confused::eek:

Is this normal?
Reply 973
I have not received any emails from UCL since I submitted my application, I haven't got the acknowledgment email too :confused::eek:

Is this normal?

no, it is not..

check spam etc. and if you won't find anything -> email them

my Portico invitation and also Durham offer ended there
Original post by taeht
no, it is not..

check spam etc. and if you won't find anything -> email them

my Portico invitation and also Durham offer ended there

Hmm I checked my junk folder there was nothing, I think I should phone them tomorrow morning.

Is this normal?

Have you logged on to Portico? In fact have you had the email with the instructions to enable you to log on to Portico?
From the email....
· Friday 27th February
· Wednesday 11th March
· Wednesday 18th March

I was given this

I believe you are mistaken. The one on the 27th Feb is actually on the 31st of Feb
Original post by Tazza'sNightmare
I believe you are mistaken. The one on the 27th Feb is actually on the 31st of Feb

31st that joke :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamjamjamT
Have you logged on to Portico? In fact have you had the email with the instructions to enable you to log on to Portico?

Nope I haven't, do you get the Portico details after the offer or before? Should I ring them up? :confused:
Nope I haven't, do you get the Portico details after the offer or before? Should I ring them up? :confused:

When did you send your UCAS application?
I sent mine on Dec 12th and received an email from UCL on Dec 15th saying...
Thank you for applying to UCL’s degree programme BSc Mathematics. We would ask that you register to access the UCL Portal, an online system that will allow you to track your application, read about the admissions process and view our final decision on your application.

I assume you didn't get an email like that? If so, then yes you really do need to ring UCL straight away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending