The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

7.45pm kick off on a Monday for the game against United in the cup. Absolutely ridiculous from the FA and the BBC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
7.45pm kick off on a Monday for the game against United in the cup. Absolutely ridiculous from the FA and the BBC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only cause Arsenal aren't used to Monday evening fixtures. It's a "test of Arsenal's FA Cup resolve" or just an excuse to knock them out and send Utd through
Are the BBC taking the p*ss? Monday night 7:45 in Manchester absolute joke.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC

You probably will not go to the match anyway
Original post by DarrenBCFC

Haha how on earth do you know that?
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
Haha how on earth do you know that?

Because the overwhelming majority of them are fake plastic fans who have never attended a match

That's besides the point. 9,000 Arsenal fans (and a few thousand United fans) will have to find a way of getting up there on a Monday evening due to ridiculous scheduling.

Completely senseless. Most people finish work at 5pm, earliest train from Euston leaves at 5.20pm and arrives at 7.28pm. Don't know how long it takes to get from Manchester Piccadilly to OT, but without delays, in theory you'd have less than 20 minutes to get to the ground. Not to mention that after 10.30pm there is one train from Piccadilly back to Euston, and it takes 8 hours!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because the overwhelming majority of them are fake plastic fans who have never attended a match

You can tell that on a forum can you? Impressive..
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
You can tell that on a forum can you? Impressive..

I can indeed
Not when Aston Villa and West Brom are right next to each other ffs, their fans could easily make the late night monday game. Not that bothered because i'm not working or going to the game but if i was i'd be pretty damn fuming. Atmosphere would be better on the weekend too.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Not when Aston Villa and West Brom are right next to each other ffs, their fans could easily make the late night monday game. Not that bothered because i'm not working or going to the game but if i was i'd be pretty damn fuming. Atmosphere would be better on the weekend too.

Well i thought they would have put that one on Monday as Baggies and the Witton Historians hate each other
Original post by shawn_o1
Only cause Arsenal aren't used to Monday evening fixtures. It's a "test of Arsenal's FA Cup resolve" or just an excuse to knock them out and send Utd through

We aren't used to Monday's because we often have to play Tuesday or Wednesday, having said that we play the Wednesday before so it gives an extra day in between so I don't think there's that much to complain about.

Having said that, why have all United's games in the FA cup been on Monday, it's like last year when 80% on Manchester City's games in the PL were on Sundays...
7:45pm on a Monday, ****, not too sure how Heathrow will cope, plus 60,000 united fans :colone: and 10,000 Arsenal fans having to make their way up from London to Manchester on a Monday.

At least we don't have a midweek game after
The club probably won't take the maximum allocation since they would have to pay for the unsold tickets, so it's likely to be around 5,000, not 9,000 going up on a Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
7:45pm on a Monday, ****, not too sure how Heathrow will cope, plus 60,000 united fans :colone: and 10,000 Arsenal fans having to make their way up from London to Manchester on a Monday.

At least we don't have a midweek game after

Not quite that far ill guess that there is a few thousand glory hunters between london and manchester who will only have to travel about 25 mile round trip
Not quite that far ill guess that there is a few thousand glory hunters between london and manchester who will only have to travel about 25 mile round trip

I just hope Air Traffic Control diverts planes from Asia to Heathrow up to Manchester Airport, should go some way to easing congestion on the trains up :biggrin:

On what basis have you made that assumption? If I wasn't a match going fan I wouldn't care about TV times.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by leinad2012
I just hope Air Traffic Control diverts planes from Asia to Heathrow up to Manchester Airport, should go some way to easing congestion on the trains up :biggrin:

Why not just straight to Manchester?
On what basis have you made that assumption? If I wasn't a match going fan I wouldn't care about TV times.

That assumption was drew from friends i have in other parts of the midlands who support arsenal
That assumption was drew from friends i have in other parts of the midlands who support arsenal

Well I do go to games and was planning on going to this one although the newly selected date and kick off time have now made that difficult.

Latest