Rejection from sheffield :frown: two more to hear from now haha

Oh no :frown: sorry to here that.
Have you had any other offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Oh no :frown: sorry to here that.
Have you had any other offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No :frown: thought the interview went really well as well, just goes to show how many applicants there are
Original post by Growingold
Did they give you a date in March?

Last interview is on the 26th and it should be a couple of days after that. :3
Original post by djavor
No :frown: thought the interview went really well as well, just goes to show how many applicants there are

That's very true - fingers crossed for some good news soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Yey!! I'm happy for you! Fingers crossed for March - not long to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I went with every intention of hating the place as I'd heard mixed reviews but all the staff were so friendly, I loved the campus and the library was amazing as well.
Original post by JordanC55
Thanks! I went with every intention of hating the place as I'd heard mixed reviews but all the staff were so friendly, I loved the campus and the library was amazing as well.

Yey! That's really good!!
I was going to apply there, but I read they aren't fans of resits and I'm doing a couple so I didn't bother! But it sounds nice, can't beat a good library!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Yey! That's really good!!
I was going to apply there, but I read they aren't fans of resits and I'm doing a couple so I didn't bother! But it sounds nice, can't beat a good library!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, ain't bad. I get you though, I wished I'd not applied to MMU for similar reasons!

You heard from the illusive Leeds yet?
Yeah, ain't bad. I get you though, I wished I'd not applied to MMU for similar reasons!

You heard from the illusive Leeds yet?

Nope! Still waiting - the last interview date is 11th March I think so I'll give it until the start of March before I give up hope completely! I'm just finding it annoying rather than nerve wracking now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Nope! Still waiting - the last interview date is 11th March I think so I'll give it until the start of March before I give up hope completely! I'm just finding it annoying rather than nerve wracking now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just don't get it! I would genuinely prefer to just be rejected as at least then I'd know where I stood! Surely by this point they must have look at our applications.

How do you know that's the final date?
Original post by djavor
Rejection from sheffield :frown: two more to hear from now haha

Sorry to hear that
Original post by shropshirelass51
Sorry to hear that

Thanks, thought I did well at the interview so I'm a tad upset, loosing hope tbh
Original post by djavor
Thanks, thought I did well at the interview so I'm a tad upset, loosing hope tbh

Try and keep positive, I know it's hard. Fingers crossed for your other choices
Original post by djavor

I know how you feel, I think many of us feel the same. But we still have universities to hear from so it's not the end :smile:
Original post by anomea
Just to let you know they're not interviewing this year, so it will either be an offer or rejection. So whilst the waiting sucks, I guess the upside is there's no interview :smile:

Oh really? How do you know this? That's bizarre. Wonder what's taking them so long! Been over a month since ucas deadline!
Original post by nesca89
I know how you feel, I think many of us feel the same. But we still have universities to hear from so it's not the end :smile:

Yeah fingers crossed :smile: although I'm at the end of my tether haha!
Original post by djavor
Yeah fingers crossed :smile: although I'm at the end of my tether haha!

Yeah me too :frown: it's do hard isn't it. It will all be over soon though

Yeah I felt the same! I was not expecting to love it as much as I did!
Reply 2078
Original post by tcrj
I was just wandering if anyone new anything about deferring places? I am not definate on taking a gap, but i am considering it so i wanted to find out some more first. I have been offered a conditional place at Marjon and i am not sure if deferring is really allowed or if re applying next year would be my only option.

I'm not sure about all universities but I know Cardiff don't defer because of it being NHS funded. I'm not sure if this reason would apply for other unis though
Reply 2079
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Oh really? How do you know this? That's bizarre. Wonder what's taking them so long! Been over a month since ucas deadline!

I know because me and I think a few others on the student room have received offers, but a friend called up and apparently they only started looking at personal statements in late December and the admission staff have been ill. Also because they're not doing interviews they're apparently going to take their time with decisions and give offers over the next few weeks. Though it is odd seeing as they said they interviewed and I don't think they have as many applicants this year :/

Quick Reply

Latest