The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Durham College Allocation Thread (for 2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Any one from Hatfield college here?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Vasudha07
Any one from Hatfield college here?

Aye - NatSci

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, philosophy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loreenaj
Got into St Chad's for both Natural Sciences and Biological Sciences! I think I'll firm the Natural Sciences course pretty soon ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chad's is great, you will love it :biggrin:
Original post by michaelba
Hey I got into Cuths too!

FINALLY St Cuths people, I was thinking no one had picked it but me :wink:
Original post by Lauraalice.
FINALLY St Cuths people, I was thinking no one had picked it but me :wink:

Cuth's here,too:smile:
Has anyone who's booked onto a residential open day been able to find out what time we'd have to arrive in Durham on the night we're staying there? I'm considering booking onto my college's (Van Mildert) residential open day but I live in the South East so I'd like to find out when I'd have to be there to sort out my transport arrangements.

Alternatively, if no one knows, is there a way of potentially finding out? Thanks!
Original post by trubadur
Cuth's here,too:smile:

Great! I am so chuffed I was assigned Cuthbert's :smile: do you want to be on the Baily or Parson's field?
Reply 288
Original post by francesca2602
Has anyone who's booked onto a residential open day been able to find out what time we'd have to arrive in Durham on the night we're staying there? I'm considering booking onto my college's (Van Mildert) residential open day but I live in the South East so I'd like to find out when I'd have to be there to sort out my transport arrangements.

Alternatively, if no one knows, is there a way of potentially finding out? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you have to arrive between two and six, at least thats what it seems to suggest in the post offer day open guide :smile:https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/undergraduate/opendays/2015/Post_OfferVisitDay_FULLGUIDE.pdf
Hope this helps!

It says on the Open Day guide on the website (look specifically at Van Mildert). It varies slightly by college but generally plan to arrive 4pm
Original post by Lauraalice.
Great! I am so chuffed I was assigned Cuthbert's :smile: do you want to be on the Baily or Parson's field?

:five:Very pleased,too as CUTH's was the college I applied for:smile:
We still have time to decide, for the moment I am mostly considering catered for the first year(lazy girl:wink:).In this case Bailey should be the best solution.
Thanks to you both! I must have missed that guide... :smile:
I'm reading Chemistry (MChem) and have been allocated to my preferred choice, Chads!

I've not heard of anybody who has applied to another college and been reallocated to Chads. Could that be because it's already so over subscribed?

Also, has anyone set up a Facebook group yet for others allocated to Chads? I feel it would be great to get to know other people before we go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 293
Yay just got my college allocation! I've been allocated St Chads for Biological Sciences which I'm really happy about (even though my preference was Hatfield, but I'm just excited to be on the Bailey!) :biggrin:
Reply 294
Original post by DanTaylor
I'm reading Chemistry (MChem) and have been allocated to my preferred choice, Chads!

I've not heard of anybody who has applied to another college and been reallocated to Chads. Could that be because it's already so over subscribed?

Also, has anyone set up a Facebook group yet for others allocated to Chads? I feel it would be great to get to know other people before we go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://m.facebook.com/groups/934288263261771 I'm not in it but I saw that on the Durham firmers group!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone who's booked onto a residential open day been able to find out what time we'd have to arrive in Durham on the night we're staying there? I'm considering booking onto my co
llege's (Van Mildert) residential open day but I live in the South East so I'd like to find out when I'd have to be there to sort out my transport arrangements.

Ive booked for van mildert residential :smile: the guide said to get there between 12 and 5 so I booked a train in for 2:30. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by emmamorris55
Ive booked for van mildert residential :smile: the guide said to get there between 12 and 5 so I booked a train in for 2:30. Hope that helps :smile:

Oooh awesome! What day are you going and what subject have you got an offer for? :smile:
Original post by winter97
Are you going to the open day? I'm so excited, now we have been allocated our colleges!! :smile: Was St Cuthbert's your first choice?

I recommend this thread for info on CUTH's
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2621156
I applied to Castle and just found out I've been accepted! :bl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending