The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kieranrafferty1
That sounds really good actually. Yeah, mine is just maths

Yeah i'm really excited!:biggrin: have you seen the program structure? As in what subjects you will cover? About 3/4 of mine are maths based i wonder if we would have most of the same lectures:smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by nellybelly29
It seems we have very similar motivations haha. That's awesome, I felt very alone through much of the application process because nobody else in my school was applying overseas.

That's sooo cool :biggrin: sorry to scrape into your guys conversation but I live in the south of England and have an offer for Edinburgh but my parents are concerned it's too far away. If you don't mind me asking how did you guys convince your parents to let you study so so so far away? And what are you planning to do with all your stuff in the summer holidays? Well done guys on your offers and I wish you all the best :smile:
That sounds really good actually. Yeah, mine is just maths

Same I have an offer for maths :biggrin: do you think you will firm?
Original post by ak2015
I was the first person in my senior class to get accepted to college, which is exciting :smile:! It would be really cool if we both went to Edinburgh! If I go somewhere else in the UK we can still give each other moral support since we'll both be far from home haha

That's sooo cool sorry to scrape into your guys conversation but I live in the south of England and have an offer for Edinburgh but my parents are concerned it's too far away. If you don't mind me asking how did you guys convince your parents to let you study so so so far away? And what are you planning to do with all your stuff in the summer holidays? Well done guys on your offers and I wish you all the best
I received an offer for English Language and Literature today! SO happy :smile:
Just got an conditional offer of BBB for French and Politics :biggrin: Literally so happy!
Original post by Millymd
Contrats ! I didn't know they gave unconditional offers ! I'm applying to the same course, what were your predictive grades? :smile:

I realise that, being about three months late in replying (sorry!), this information is largely useless but hell, I'll give it anyway. I'm from the Scottish system, and Edinburgh bases offers to Scottish students off of the exams they sit in the second last year of school. I got straight A's, so I got an unconditional.

Oh yeah, and I have no idea what my predicted grades are this year. Probably three A's.
Most likely but I applied to different courses as well so I'm not 100% sure. What maths degree did you apply for?

Oh cool :smile: where else have you applied? I applied for the MMath degree, what about you?
In first year mine covers linear algebra, calculus and proofs. Is that similar to yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually exactly the same! I have a physics module apart from that but yeah:smile: that's kinda cool i might see you there then:smile: provided we both get offers of course
Original post by qwertyuiop1997
I just got a conditional offer of 3A's for Architecture even though I had a terrible set of AS Results and no A* at GCSE. I wasn't expecting an offer but I'm very happy I've got one - something to motivate me to study even more. Just a question to any UK applicants, have any of you had your original offer lowered? As all of my friends who have also received offers have had theirs lowered to suit a first year entry?

hi, I've applied for Architecture too, but have havent heard back yet, do you mind me askng when you recieved your offer ?
Original post by staciew1
hi, I've applied for Architecture too, but have havent heard back yet, do you mind me askng when you recieved your offer ?

Hi, I got it back around Mid Janruary!
I've just accepted my unconditional offer for Astrophysics and am really looking forward to going in September!
Reply 212
I just got a conditional offer to study computer science. I would like to know about the department and the job prospects .
Reply 213
Original post by Sd0210
I just got a conditional offer to study computer science. I would like to know about the department and the job prospects .

Congratulations!

Could you tell us what are the conditions? :smile:
I'm anxiously waiting for an offer to read English Lit. and Philosophy. Has anyone else applied for either of these subjects? I love Edinburgh so much and really want an offer! I'm from the UK and got AAAC at AS. Anyone know anything about offers that would be useful to me please??? :s-smilie:
Original post by katemilsom
I'm anxiously waiting for an offer to read English Lit. and Philosophy. Has anyone else applied for either of these subjects? I love Edinburgh so much and really want an offer! I'm from the UK and got AAAC at AS. Anyone know anything about offers that would be useful to me please??? :s-smilie:

I received an offer for English Language and Literature yesterday for AAA so I think that yours will come soon - I was waiting almost four months! :smile:
Just got an offer for medicine - been waiting for what feels like years and I got my first choice offer first! See you in September (assuming the summer goes well)
Yeah, that will be great mate. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too!:smile:
Just got an offer for medicine and will be firming it :smile: can't believe I'm almost at edinburgh now
Reply 219
Original post by 2dor
Congratulations!

Could you tell us what are the conditions? :smile:

i am an international applicant. So it's 75% in ISC with 85% in maths. I m a bit shocked actually... I thought it would be higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending