The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TrainingChopeful
Since the weekend, I have gone from 2 PFOs and 2 Interviews to 5 PFOs and waiting on 6 (with 1 post-interview!)

take heart! I have gotten 6 PFOs from UK offices, though I have A & O case study next week for HK office. banking on that now. :s-smilie:
Original post by chasingtruths
take heart! I have gotten 6 PFOs from UK offices, though I have A & O case study next week for HK office. banking on that now. :s-smilie:

Good luck for case study! I'm sure you'll do great :smile: I have a number of firms that I am applying to this month that I feel I am probably more suited to so fingers crossed for us!
Original post by ScroogeHumbug
I feel like SUCH an idiot!

I felt my CMS application was VERY strong, but got rejected.

Today, when I was going through my application emails, it turns out that I didn't complete the CMS WG test because I took their email to be a simple acknowledgement email, ergo rejection. FML

SOMEBODY SHOOT ME!

if it makes you feel better you just made me find out the reason for my CMS rejection.
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Since the weekend, I have gone from 2 PFOs and 2 Interviews to 5 PFOs and waiting on 6 (with 1 post-interview!)

Try not to be disheartened, you've been shortlisted for a number of interviews which is great!

As someone else on this thread said, I do believe the hunt for a TC can be a numbers game and everyone needs a bit of luck.....
Has anyone heard from Eversheds (London or elsewhere) or K&L Gates?
Original post by Bermudas
Has anyone heard from Eversheds (London or elsewhere) or K&L Gates?

I see from earlier in the thread that there have already been offers at K&L Gates and interviews with Eversheds... Congrats to those that have them. Doesn't look good for me!
Original post by silence18
if it makes you feel better you just made me find out the reason for my CMS rejection.

I feel better for not being alone here. Although, to make myself feel better, I have resorted to blaming them for having the subject of the email as "Confirmation of Application to CMS".
Reply 3247
Sorry to hear about the Olswang PFO's .
I have an interview with them next week .....anyone been through the process in London office ?
PFO from HSF! Yay! Still waiting for two more PFOs, which would make it a clean sweep - 5/5!
Reply 3249
Original post by Pip Pirrip
PFO from HSF! Yay! Still waiting for two more PFOs, which would make it a clean sweep - 5/5!

Oh no sorry to hear that. I have onl had PFO's too! Do mind me asking when you heard from HSF, because I am still waiting to hear from them, expecting a PFO too.
Original post by LG210
Oh no sorry to hear that. I have onl had PFO's too! Do mind me asking when you heard from HSF, because I am still waiting to hear from them, expecting a PFO too.

Eek, same, how many ACs have they had, and since when have they been holding them?
Original post by chasingtruths
may i ask when did you apply? I haven't heard back after doing the online test.

Sure, I applied on the 31st, completed the test few days after and got an invite to AC today.
Reply 3252
MAYER BROWN offer WOOP :smile:
Reply 3253
Original post by Bindi
Sorry to hear about the Olswang PFO's .
I have an interview with them next week .....anyone been through the process in London office ?

Had mine today, you can't really prepare for it.. Just make sure you can back up/expand upon everything on your application form. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3254
A firm I really like are advertising a paralegal position (permanent) on their website. I'm really keen to work for the firm either as a paralegal or trainee - do you think applying for it would affect an application for a TC if I'm unsuccessful? Thanks for any help you can offer
Original post by LG210

Hi, got the dreaded email this evening. Still waiting to hear from Weil and MMS.
Any DLA Londoners still waiting to hear back post AC? The suspense is killing me :frown:
Has anyone heard from DLA Piper, post Skype interview for the Birmingham office?
Original post by LawStudent30
Try not to be disheartened, you've been shortlisted for a number of interviews which is great!

As someone else on this thread said, I do believe the hunt for a TC can be a numbers game and everyone needs a bit of luck.....

Aw thanks! It does seem to be right time right place (Well that's what a lot of my friends who have TCs have said) - how are your applications going?
Reply 3259
Original post by pp93
Had mine today, you can't really prepare for it.. Just make sure you can back up/expand upon everything on your application form. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you .Good luck with the outcome

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending