The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Saw the 'Can I get some love for this username', then saw the username, then saw the 'banned'. Lol.

:biggrin:

That one was quite clever tbh.
Original post by Wilfred Little
:biggrin:

That one was quite clever tbh.

Only took him 47 dupes to come up with a good name
(edited 9 years ago)
Does anybody on here have Amazon Prime and if so, do you get the films and stuff with the student account free trial thingy or do you have to pay the £39 to upgrade for that?
Not sure on the trial? On student amazon prime where it's free until april for me (where it's half price instead ) and it's been included. I think I even got a letter that reminded me because I never used it lol.
Original post by The Assassin
Not sure on the trial? On student amazon prime where it's free until april for me (where it's half price instead ) and it's been included. I think I even got a letter that reminded me because I never used it lol.

I don't think mine is free.

Is yours like that :confused:
Lmao, great edit :biggrin:

I forgot about the free trial expiring and was charged £40 but even a month after that charge I was allowed a refund as I hadn't actually used the service since I'd been charged. This was on the normal Prime though, no idea what the student one is.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Lmao, great edit :biggrin:

I forgot about the free trial expiring and was charged £40 but even a month after that charge I was allowed a refund as I hadn't actually used the service since I'd been charged. This was on the normal Prime though, no idea what the student one is.

Do you know if you get many documentaries on there?
Do you know if you get many documentaries on there?

Nah don't know, this was around a year ago.
I'm cooking some chicken breasts right now yeah, and the use by date is the 19th. So they're fine to be used. I opened them on Sunday and obviously today is Thursday but it might as well be Wednesday cos it was Sunday night/Monday morning when I opened them, so three days.

It says once opened consume within 24 hours. I've opened chicken and cooked the rest a couple days after loads of times, this chicken smells OK but I'm undecided now brahs.

Would you eat it?
I'm cooking some chicken breasts right now yeah, and the use by date is the 19th. So they're fine to be used. I opened them on Sunday and obviously today is Thursday but it might as well be Wednesday cos it was Sunday night/Monday morning when I opened them, so three days.

It says once opened consume within 24 hours. I've opened chicken and cooked the rest a couple days after loads of times, this chicken smells OK but I'm undecided now brahs.

Would you eat it?

Yeah may as well. If it looks fine and smells fine why not. If it's been left in the freezer/fridge after it has been opened doubt too much would have happened to it. Just make sure it's cooked well done.
Got an initial screening for an administrator job for a compliance firm, sounds pretty cool tbh. Hopefully something comes of it. Says that I can get promoted from it and the salary is good.

Hopefully I get it.
Well the screening was mainly an administration, but the RC said that she liked my application and was going to send it forward, the compliance firm supposedly likes to promote from within, so hopefully if I get this I could do well.

Foxtons replied to me too and said they want an initial chat with my application. Took about 3 weeks too late. Just simple admin roles but they're paid well. Tbh if I get these jobs, the wait would be worth it than taking a lower paid job that requires a long notice period. Good chance for promotion within the companies and they get highly paid.
Final round interview at a healthcare consultancy on Monday. Would be nice to actually pass a final interview for once. I have had so many. Is anyone else this unsuccessful with final interviews?
Original post by Tom_Ford
Final round interview at a healthcare consultancy on Monday. Would be nice to actually pass a final interview for once. I have had so many. Is anyone else this unsuccessful with final interviews?

Nope, I'm unsuccessful as hell in first stage interviews though(face to face ones).
Original post by Tom_Ford

What's the salary like?

Good luck.

Best track you'll hear all year :cool:.

Best track you'll hear all year :cool:.

Great lounge music, should be in gran turismo in the waiting.

Latest