The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Durham College Allocation Thread (for 2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by francesca2602
Oooh awesome! What day are you going and what subject have you got an offer for? :smile:

The second one and Nat sci (maths and psychology) what about you?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by rust&stardust
Got St Chads, so happy!! Can't wait for the open day!

Me too! :biggrin: I'm totally amazed I got in because it's so oversubscribed! What subject do you have an offer for? Which open day are you going to?
Reply 302
Original post by Blazar
I applied to Castle and just found out I've been accepted! :bl:

I found out today I've been accepted by Castle as well :smile: what subject?
Original post by Tibbz2
Can you book it without having to stay over in the college, and still be able to look round the college etc.

also if you can do this do you book the monday date in order to go to the talks on the tuesday?

Yes, you can book to go to the dinner and stuff on the night you arrive and the department talks on the next day but not stay over night in the college. It is supposed to be better to stay in the college to get the full experience though. Did you want to stay in a hotel with your parents or something? Yes, the Monday date is for college activities on the Monday night and department talks on the Tuesday. :smile:
Original post by Siobhan_mcateer
I'll be flying from Ireland but my dad is looking to come to have a look around too, would it be possible for him to come with me (I'm flying over and back on the Tuesday so I won't be staying at the college)

Yes, he can come with you! The colleges run tours for parents during the day and I think parents sometimes come to the department talks too. :smile:
Original post by Polar2
Are college allocations set in stone?
I applied for Josephine Butler and got allocated Van Mildert. :/ After reading about it, it seems like a pretty cool college but I really don't want to be fully catered.
Is there any way of asking to have my college changed or being self catered at Van Mildert? Cause it could be a bit of a deal breaker for me

Not unless you have a medical reason for wanting self catered unfortunately.
Original post by helenaf
Is anyone else with an unconditional offer still waiting for college allocation? I received my offer before the first of Feb...Starting to feel really anxious!:s-smilie:

Have you checked the booking form on the Durham website? If you log into that it should tell you your college.
Original post by emmamorris55
The second one and Nat sci (maths and psychology) what about you?

I'm not sure which one yet but my subject is Politics :smile:
Reply 308
Original post by Sapphire321
Have you checked the booking form on the Durham website? If you log into that it should tell you your college.

Thanks :smile: I hadn't thought of that! It's okay now, I had a letter in the post today telling me I have a place at Castle :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not sure which one yet but my subject is Politics :smile:

Ah okay. Are you thinking of firming durham?
Original post by emmamorris55
Ah okay. Are you thinking of firming durham?

Definitely! And you? :smile:
Definitely! And you? :smile:

Yep! Already done :smile:
Yes, you can book to go to the dinner and stuff on the night you arrive and the department talks on the next day but not stay over night in the college. It is supposed to be better to stay in the college to get the full experience though. Did you want to stay in a hotel with your parents or something? Yes, the Monday date is for college activities on the Monday night and department talks on the Tuesday. :smile:

Thanks, booked for the day :smile:

Nah we were just going to go up on the day!
What is the reason for reallocation? Just that the college you applied for is full? I've been reallocated to Hatfield from st. Marys and I know nothing about Hatfield:/ (biological sciences)
Yes, he can come with you! The colleges run tours for parents during the day and I think parents sometimes come to the department talks too. :smile:

Thank you so much for your help! :smile:
Original post by lililou
Hi
I'm in a similar position. Have you heard anything back yet? When did you apply via referral?

Thanks

What did you apply for?
Nope not yet, they said it would take up to two weeks for them to get a decision.
I'm going to assume they stick with the ordinal preference put down on UCAS when we first applied.
I chose University though (wasn't considering Durham seriously then thought **** it) so I doubt I'll have much luck haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paarkerpenn
What did you apply for?
Nope not yet, they said it would take up to two weeks for them to get a decision.
I'm going to assume they stick with the ordinal preference put down on UCAS when we first applied.
I chose University though (wasn't considering Durham seriously then thought **** it) so I doubt I'll have much luck haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Originally English then referred to BSc Archaeology which I'm very happy about as it was one of my original interests. I feel like even though I tried to deviate from the path I've been put back on it. I can really see myself doing this. Last week I thought I was heading to Bristol for English and now I'm so keen on Durham. I think they will stick with the original preference too but I wonder whether it will be available now. to be honest, I suppose I don't really mind. I just want to get the offer now.
Original post by Elle97
https://m.facebook.com/groups/934288263261771 I'm not in it but I saw that on the Durham firmers group!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lililou
Originally English then referred to BSc Archaeology which I'm very happy about as it was one of my original interests. I feel like even though I tried to deviate from the path I've been put back on it. I can really see myself doing this. Last week I thought I was heading to Bristol for English and now I'm so keen on Durham. I think they will stick with the original preference too but I wonder whether it will be available now. to be honest, I suppose I don't really mind. I just want to get the offer now.

I'm the same, was super keen on arch and anth, especially when I was considering (momentarily) Oxford, but was put off my how few unis offered it. I'm quite happy I've been given the referral opportunity!
I think it's all very confusing. I'm sure once you receive a decision from Durham it'll will become a lot clearer. There is so much to consider at the moment, feel like I' changing my mind every two seconds!
I'm fearing getting dumped in the worse ones as its a referral, sort of similar to Ox/Cam pooling systems ):

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 319
Does anybody know anything about st johns?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending