The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Have heard nothing from Cleary Gottlieb, Baker Mckenzie or White & Case. Obviously am assuming at this stage that I got nothing. Have no experience of UK firms so just wondering what the usual protocol is
Original post by Chianti1
Has anyone heard from DLA Piper, post Skype interview for the Birmingham office?

I've applied for the Liverpool office but I think the process may be the same. I heard just under a week after my Skype interview of the outcome.
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
how many here are third year

I am

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been 6 weeks since I completed the Freshfields test and I haven't heard anything. So many people on this forum seem to have received interviews and offers, have they just forgotten to PFO me? Or do some firms not respond to everyone?
If this helps anyone, I spoke to Nicola Stanley yesterday at IM she said they will be shortlisting throughout next week so we should hear back by next Friday
Hi if it helps anyone, I spoke to Nicola Stanley at IM yesterday to ask when to expect to hear from them post video interview, she said they will be making the decisions through out next week...

I applied on 31st Jan got an invite for video on the 3rd of Feb completed it on the 9th. Fingers crossed it will be something positive :smile:
Original post by Lonsheff
Hi if it helps anyone, I spoke to Nicola Stanley at IM yesterday to ask when to expect to hear from them post video interview, she said they will be making the decisions through out next week...

I applied on 31st Jan got an invite for video on the 3rd of Feb completed it on the 9th. Fingers crossed it will be something positive :smile:

Thank you, that's very helpful. Although it's bizzare that they would tell us that they would get back to us by the 20th of february.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by baldwisl02
Any DLA Londoners still waiting to hear back post AC? The suspense is killing me :frown:

Yep I'm still waiting to hear back from the AC. Best of luck!
Original post by footchemllab
Yep I'm still waiting to hear back from the AC. Best of luck!

And you too! Were you on the Thursday or Friday ac? I was on thurs
Original post by baldwisl02
And you too! Were you on the Thursday or Friday ac? I was on thurs

I was on the Thursday as well!
Reply 3270
Original post by Lonsheff

Thanks for the update :smile: so I guess I can stop obsessively checking my emails this week then
Reply 3271
Anyone applied to Orrick open day? And have you heard?
Has anyone heard back from the PwC Legal post telephone interview?
Original post by leumas9
I've applied for the Liverpool office but I think the process may be the same. I heard just under a week after my Skype interview of the outcome.

Thank you! I understand that the last Skype interviews for the Birmingham office were on Tuesday, hopefully I should hear something soon.
anyone heard from white & case post-video interview?
Reply 3275
Just got a PFO from Cleary Gottlieb... in the mail. Never got any emails from them, though would've thought that a simple email PFO would be easier (and cheaper) than mailing one.
DWF interview. However, they wrote:

"However, as you have noted that you are available to start a training contract in 2015/ 2016 we would like to fast-track your application and progress you to an interview for a Training Contract instead of the Vacation Scheme."

Is that quite a common procedure to allow them to get an understanding of more candidates?
has anyone heard from withers or boodle hatfield re vacation scheme application? also ADVISEE- if I've been rejected from foresters open day/interview- do you think its worth emailing/phoning for feedback or not? thanks so much
Travers Smith offer.
Original post by carrie12345
has anyone heard from withers or boodle hatfield re vacation scheme application? also ADVISEE- if I've been rejected from foresters open day/interview- do you think its worth emailing/phoning for feedback or not? thanks so much

I haven't heard from Boodle yet, when did you apply? A couple of people on here had interviews though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending