The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Literacy & numeracy assessment?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rxy
keele university replied back to me, I have to do a assessment and i have an interview on the same day. the maths test is without a calculator. what sort of questions come up on the assesment? NEED HELP PLEASE :confused:

Do they not have a sample paper? It's usually things like addition, subtraction, division, percentages, conversions, measurements, multiplication :smile:
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi

I was wondering if anybody has got back to by city university London, because I had my assessment on the 11th Feb and they have emailed me that I would have to wait for the 23 Feb and so far it's been a week and I have no response.

Any help is appreciated :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by rxy
Hi

I was wondering if anybody has got back to by city university London, because I had my assessment on the 11th Feb and they have emailed me that I would have to wait for the 23 Feb and so far it's been a week and I have no response.

Hi there, I have had an offer from City, but it did take a while. I'd give it a few more days and then maybe chase it up. Good luck!
Original post by rxy
Hi

Hi! I'm a current first year nursing student at City! They took a while to get back to a lot of people last year too, so I wouldn't worry too much about it! :smile: good luck! If you have any questions I'm happy to help x
Reply 24
Original post by Iloveladygagaxo
Hi! I'm a current first year nursing student at City! They took a while to get back to a lot of people last year too, so I wouldn't worry too much about it! :smile: good luck! If you have any questions I'm happy to help x

hiya what do you study??
and if you don't mind but how long did it take for them to get back to you, and do they let you know by ucas or email??
Original post by rxy
hiya what do you study??
and if you don't mind but how long did it take for them to get back to you, and do they let you know by ucas or email??

Hi :smile: I study child nursing, But we have a lot of joint lectures with adult and mental health too!

From assessment to interview it was just over a 10 days if I remember rightly and I got my offer 2 days after interview :smile: but ours was the first batch of interviews last year, so that's maybe why! And both were by email :smile: What branch have you applied for? X
Reply 26
Hi :smile: I study child nursing, But we have a lot of joint lectures with adult and mental health too!

From assessment to interview it was just over a 10 days if I remember rightly and I got my offer 2 days after interview :smile: but ours was the first batch of interviews last year, so that's maybe why! And both were by email :smile: What branch have you applied for? X

I want to study mental health nursing.
oh ok I know this is probably testing my patient skills but honestly I feel like freaking out.
not being a bimbo but what is a branch??? :/
Reply 27
Original post by Wheezy
Hi there, I have had an offer from City, but it did take a while. I'd give it a few more days and then maybe chase it up. Good luck!

thanks, I guess I just have to play the waiting game.
Original post by rxy
I want to study mental health nursing.
oh ok I know this is probably testing my patient skills but honestly I feel like freaking out.
not being a bimbo but what is a branch??? :/

Branch just means the type of nursing you want to study :smile:
And honestly, don't worry! If you're worried, give it until maybe Monday or Tuesday next week then phone admissions to see if they can help? I had my offer of an interview on a Sunday of all days!! So it can come through any time! X
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 29
Branch just means the type of nursing you want to study :smile:
And honestly, don't worry! If you're worried, give it until maybe Monday or Tuesday next week then phone admissions to see if they can help? I had my offer of an interview on a Sunday of all days!! So it can come through any time! X

hiya,
ha-ha thanks I get it now.
anyways its probably looks like I'm dying to know but they stated that on the 23rd if you're successful at passing then you'd be invited to the interview.:colondollar:
Original post by rxy
hiya,
ha-ha thanks I get it now.
anyways its probably looks like I'm dying to know but they stated that on the 23rd if you're successful at passing then you'd be invited to the interview.:colondollar:

I'd probably ring admissions if I were you :smile: but they do many sessions of maths and English tests, I've seen loads of people over the last few weeks being tested whilst I've been at uni... Do you live in London already? X
Reply 31
I'd probably ring admissions if I were you :smile: but they do many sessions of maths and English tests, I've seen loads of people over the last few weeks being tested whilst I've been at uni... Do you live in London already? X

ah ok. ill probably do that early Monday. and nope I live in Solihull. yes that is far and everybody is saying that why I want to go to a London university but I guess I just want to explore. I mean come on its university. do you live in London, I probably will need help from you as I know nothing about the building and accommodation, I mean where am I going to stay, what sort of flats are there or shall I just opt in the halls.
Original post by rxy
ah ok. ill probably do that early Monday. and nope I live in Solihull. yes that is far and everybody is saying that why I want to go to a London university but I guess I just want to explore. I mean come on its university. do you live in London, I probably will need help from you as I know nothing about the building and accommodation, I mean where am I going to stay, what sort of flats are there or shall I just opt in the halls.

I moved from Nottingham to go to City :smile: so I'd be happy to help you if you need any advice! I live in private halls (about 15 minutes away from city) but I have plenty of friends who do live on campus so I can give you advice on that too! London is great, it's expensive... But it's the best decision I ever made!

City has several halls of residence (look on the website at them, they are nice!) and the prices are coming down this year!!! But there's also many options for private halls too, which is what I do :smile: X
Reply 33
Hey guys I have a test day for greenwhich on the 4th !!!! Any advise? How did people find the literacy
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Wheezy
Hi everyone, anyone else had an offer from City?
Passed my literacy and numeracy tests, and passed the interviews and got an offer this week :smile:
Good to hear if anyone else got an offer!

Hello...I had my City interview on the Friday that just went! I think it went quite well and everyone was ever so friendly there! Just wondering how long did it take to get an answer back from them on your offer?

Thanks!
Reply 35
Hi everyone, I have my interview on this friday for Radiotherapy and Oncology at City University. I was wondering if anyone can advice me on what to expect on that day such as if you do the admission test, did they tell you the results afterwards or you get to do the interview and group interview and then add it up to see if you have passed the average mark?

Thanks

Bilaal
Original post by bilaal90
Hi everyone, I have my interview on this friday for Radiotherapy and Oncology at City University. I was wondering if anyone can advice me on what to expect on that day such as if you do the admission test, did they tell you the results afterwards or you get to do the interview and group interview and then add it up to see if you have passed the average mark?

Thanks

Bilaal

Hi

You'll only get through to interview if you've passed the maths and English test so they'll tell you on the day ☺️ Good luck!
Reply 37
Hi guys
I have my interview on Friday this week at City university for the maths and English assessment. Can someone please brief me on what to expect and what the pass mark for both are?
Original post by Lila A
Hi guys
I have my interview on Friday this week at City university for the maths and English assessment. Can someone please brief me on what to expect and what the pass mark for both are?

Hi!

I work on the selection days at City.

The maths is very basic and you can use a calculator. It involves percentages, adding, subtracting, division, problem solving and using common measurements.

The english is split into 3 sections - There's a section with questions relating to grammar and sentence structuring, a comprehension task and a written essay task.

You will be informed on the day about the pass marks.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 39
Thanks for your tips guys .

Quick Reply

Latest