The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neostigmine
That's a really important question. Stop worrying. They will not ask you for proof of work experience or references.

They will have it with them and your interview may well be based on things you have written so absolutely it is worth going through it and thinking about all the things you mentioned it in. So that when they say "Oh I see you went moonwalking in Patagonia" you remember what it was you wrote about it and can talk about it.

EBM is not PBL. We do not do PBL. Evidence based learning I believe is just a fancy way of saying that we have lectures and what we are taught is based in evidence from current research etc.

We have EBM lectures once a week in Year 4 of the BM6 programme (Year 3 of BM5) and they're just regular lectures :yes:.

What tips would you give for the group task??
Original post by o.nalhady
What tips would you give for the group task??

Use the time they give you to prepare wisely and really think about the task. Think about what it is they are looking for. Take part!!
Reply 662
Interview!! Finally had lost all hope
Well done! What date are you going?
Original post by M!lad
Interview!! Finally ������������ had lost all hope ������

:woo:
Reply 665
Original post by Joanne9495
Well done! What date are you going?

Thanks, It's on the 27th :smile:
Original post by M!lad
Thanks, It's on the 27th :smile:

I am on the 27th too! :smile:

Anyone think they will ask a lot about the NHS structure etc because it is very different up hear in Scotland and I don't want to mix them up!!
Original post by M!lad
Interview!! Finally 😅😅 had lost all hope 😁

Congrats
Does this mean they are still handing out interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crazya96
Congrats
Does this mean they are still handing out interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so, best of luck! They said to let them know if you are attending by the 18th, so I think if people didn't, they are re-selecting!
Reply 669
In terms of the group debate, will you need any previous knowledge? Or is it fairly simple to understand the different arguments?

Also a bit worried about science-y questions because I'm a gap year applicant and haven't touched a text book in 7 months or so. Is it worth touching up my biology/chemistry or will I be fine? Cheers for any help
Original post by Lazy-
In terms of the group debate, will you need any previous knowledge? Or is it fairly simple to understand the different arguments?

Also a bit worried about science-y questions because I'm a gap year applicant and haven't touched a text book in 7 months or so. Is it worth touching up my biology/chemistry or will I be fine? Cheers for any help

No prior knowledge is assumed in the group activity. You're given time to prep on the day but it has always been an activity anyone can participate in, even if it is somthing they've never done before :smile:
I can't wait for this.
When did u receive your invite?
Nooo it was Wednesday last week actually...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 674
No prior knowledge is assumed in the group activity. You're given time to prep on the day but it has always been an activity anyone can participate in, even if it is somthing they've never done before :smile:

Cheers :smile:
That makes sense :biggrin: Thank you very much.
For those who haven't got interviews for this course. When will rejections be sent out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mangomango
For those who haven't got interviews for this course. When will rejections be sent out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not for quite a while.
how long does it usually take for people to get a reply for the interviews?
So is that it.........No more interviews........?

Latest

Trending

Trending