The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by O133
A bit bored.

My entire half term has been La Haine and I'm starting to get sick of it now.

Lmao I'm so glad I don't put any work into French and have teachers making me do work

I had my mock, without even writing an exposé and I got 19/20 for it

And essay for les choristes didn't get a bad mark

What work are you doing on it?
Original post by Lucien2397
Demotivated, not sure if I can push up 3B's in bio chem and economics to AAB :/ none of the biology is going in

Bio is such a pain tbh
Any suggestions on how to get better at Stats? It's soooooo dull.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lmao I'm so glad I don't put any work into French and have teachers making me do work

I had my mock, without even writing an exposé and I got 19/20 for it

And essay for les choristes didn't get a bad mark

What work are you doing on it?

Learning an exposé and then preparing answers to potential questions, including tying it into Charlie Hebdo. I now know what the whole Grunwalski episode is about though, having watched the director's commentary.

Original post by Obiejess

I love stats, because it just makes sense for the real world. I guess I'm not the best person to help you here.
Original post by O133
Learning an exposé and then preparing answers to potential questions, including tying it into Charlie Hebdo. I now know what the whole Grunwalski episode is about though, having watched the director's commentary.

I love stats, because it just makes sense for the real world. I guess I'm not the best person to help you here.

I get its applications, it's just PMCC and everything just take so long for so little reward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O133

Are you memorising a pre written one?

I couldn't even watch la haine cos black and white lol, can't do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did stats last year and loved it
Just familiarize yourself with the format of the questions asked
I get its applications, it's just PMCC and everything just take so long for so little reward.

Yeah, that's boring. You've just got to practise as much as you can bear to practise.

Yeah, that's the point of the exposé, right?

You get used to it, although I'll go against the majority consensus and say from the coloured bonus scenes on my copy it would have been better in colour.
Original post by O133
Yeah, that's boring. You've just got to practise as much as you can bear to practise.

Yeah, that's the point of the exposé, right?

You get used to it, although I'll go against the majority consensus and say from the coloured bonus scenes on my copy it would have been better in colour.

Oh... Well I'd better write one for the exam then. I have an idea of what I want to say but nothing memorised, I don't like the idea of memorising for an exam :frown:

Alors, pour quelle raison is Monochrome used throughout the film? :wink:
Oh... Well I'd better write one for the exam then. I have an idea of what I want to say but nothing memorised, I don't like the idea of memorising for an exam :frown:

Alors, pour quelle raison is Monochrome used throughout the film? :wink:

It does feel a bit odd, yes, especially as you're allowed to take in limited notes I believe.

Pourquoi le film est-il tourné en noir et blanc?
Alors, selon Kassovitz le noir et le blanc symbolisent le fait que la vie n'a pas progressé en banlieue. En outre, il n'a pas voulu exagérer les couleurs, et parce que la vie réelle n'a pas beaucoup de couleur vivante il a décidé d'utiliser le noir et le blanc au lieu.

Are you planning to do La Haine then?
Original post by Princepieman
Epic! Just found out I got the second highest grade in my Advanced Higher Maths prelim!!! :woo:

Got an A, major improvement from my C at Higher Maths. :biggrin:

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great :woo:
I'm good too, in Stratford for half term, going to see Much Ado About Nothing at 7 :awesome:

Original post by Lucien2397
Demotivated, not sure if I can push up 3B's in bio chem and economics to AAB :/ none of the biology is going in

Aw, I'm sure you'll be able to do it :yep:
Have you tried learning it yourself from a textbook? It could just be that the way your teacher teaches that is making it harder to learn? :dontknow:

Original post by O133
A bit bored.

My entire half term has been La Haine and I'm starting to get sick of it now.

Oh dear, have you done anything with friends over half term? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find working out things like that quite relaxing :lol: My stats lessons are really laid back and nice :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Oh dear, have you done anything with friends over half term? :h:

Nope, although I did get to see William Hague speak on Monday morning. Since then it's been work and sleep though.
Original post by O133
It does feel a bit odd, yes, especially as you're allowed to take in limited notes I believe.

Pourquoi le film est-il tourné en noir et blanc?
Alors, selon Kassovitz le noir et le blanc symbolisent le fait que la vie n'a pas progressé en banlieue. En outre, il n'a pas voulu exagérer les couleurs, et parce que la vie réelle n'a pas beaucoup de couleur vivante il a décidé d'utiliser le noir et le blanc au lieu.

Je pense que je vais improviser parce que je sais que j'aurais pas un A*

Oui, aaah je vois. Penses-tu que ce soit une meilleure idée s'il a utilisé les couleurs pour créer une grande contraste entre les deux types de lieus? Like bright happy warm colours in affluent areas, and dark gloomy ones in the banlieues

Original post by O133
Are you planning to do La Haine then?

Non, mon exposé est basé sur le film, les intouchables
Oui, aaah je vois. Penses-tu que ce soit une meilleure idée s'il a utilisé les couleurs pour créer une grande contraste entre les deux types de lieus? Like bright happy warm colours in affluent areas, and dark gloomy ones in the banlieues

Peut-être, mais en réalité il n'y a pas de lieux affluents - il y a des lieux banlieusards et des lieux en centre-ville, mais ils semblent tous des lieux pauvres.

Je devrai le googler.
Je pense que je vais improviser parce que je sais que j'aurais pas un A*

J'aime bien les intouchables :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O133
Nope, although I did get to see William Hague speak on Monday morning. Since then it's been work and sleep though.

Oh cool, what was that through?
Original post by Gingerbread101
Oh cool, what was that through?

The local MP arranged a speech at the local town hall as he's moving into the area.

Haha, we had to do it as one of our pieces in English last year - I quite liked it!

I'm the only person in my AH French class right now and it's such a struggle. I have to : read L'Etranger, write 2 folio pieces, do the exam plus do the 30 minute speaking.

I'm doomed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest