The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Congratulations!

Thank you Adil bro :smile:

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

:colondollar::colondollar:Oops, my bad of course your a student .

Lol no worries :smile:
Assalaamu'alaykum warahmatullaah

Know my dear brothers that our moments of weakness are the shaytaans moment of strength. Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah mentions the two ways in which a person is pulled away from the religion. They are:

1 - doubts
2 - desires

By not educating ourselves, procrastinating, keeping bad company, not fighting against our souls and rectifying them, we can become a victim of the above.

We are taught that the shaytaan is unable to gain authority over Allaah's true believers. Allaah says (translation of the meaning) :

Surah Al-Hijr, Verse 42:
إِنَّ عِبَادِي لَيْسَ لَكَ عَلَيْهِمْ سُلْطَانٌ إِلَّا مَنِ اتَّبَعَكَ مِنَ الْغَاوِينَ

"Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves, except those who follow you of the Ghawin (Mushrikun and those who go astray, criminals, polytheists, and evil-doers, etc.).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

We must disallow the shayateen the ability to play with our heart strings. They will try from whatever angle they can to mislead us. They'll come to us from as many angles as possible:

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 17:
ثُمَّ لَآتِيَنَّهُم مِّن بَيْنِ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِمْ وَعَنْ أَيْمَانِهِمْ وَعَن شَمَائِلِهِمْ وَلَا تَجِدُ أَكْثَرَهُمْ شَاكِرِينَ

Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You)."
(English - Mohsin Khan)

Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn Abbas commented on:

(Then I will come to them from
before them),

Raising doubts in them concerning their Hereafter,

(and (from) behind them),
making them more eager for this life

(from their right)
Causing them confusion in the religion,

(and from their left), luring them to commit sins.''
This is meant to cover all paths of good and evil. Shaytan discourages the people from the path of good and lures them to the path of evil.

Walk on the path to Allaah will run to you. Walk towards guidance and righteous actions and Allaah will make things easier for you. Walk holding on to the gift of Islam so that it may be your reason for entering jannatul-firdaus.

Just a reminder for all of us

BaarakAllaahu feekum - may Allaah bless you.
Assalaamu'alaykum warahmatullaah

Know my dear brothers that our moments of weakness are the shaytaans moment of strength. Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah mentions the two ways in which a person is pulled away from the religion. They are:

1 - doubts
2 - desires

By not educating ourselves, procrastinating, keeping bad company, not fighting against our souls and rectifying them, we can become a victim of the above.

We are taught that the shaytaan is unable to gain authority over Allaah's true believers. Allaah says (translation of the meaning) :

Surah Al-Hijr, Verse 42:
إِنَّ عِبَادِي لَيْسَ لَكَ عَلَيْهِمْ سُلْطَانٌ إِلَّا مَنِ اتَّبَعَكَ مِنَ الْغَاوِينَ

"Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves, except those who follow you of the Ghawin (Mushrikun and those who go astray, criminals, polytheists, and evil-doers, etc.).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

We must disallow the shayateen the ability to play with our heart strings. They will try from whatever angle they can to mislead us. They'll come to us from as many angles as possible:

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 17:
ثُمَّ لَآتِيَنَّهُم مِّن بَيْنِ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِمْ وَعَنْ أَيْمَانِهِمْ وَعَن شَمَائِلِهِمْ وَلَا تَجِدُ أَكْثَرَهُمْ شَاكِرِينَ

Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You)."
(English - Mohsin Khan)

Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn Abbas commented on:

(Then I will come to them from
before them),

Raising doubts in them concerning their Hereafter,

(and (from) behind them),
making them more eager for this life

(from their right)
Causing them confusion in the religion,

(and from their left), luring them to commit sins.''
This is meant to cover all paths of good and evil. Shaytan discourages the people from the path of good and lures them to the path of evil.

Walk on the path to Allaah will run to you. Walk towards guidance and righteous actions and Allaah will make things easier for you. Walk holding on to the gift of Islam so that it may be your reason for entering jannatul-firdaus.

Just a reminder for all of us

BaarakAllaahu feekum - may Allaah bless you.

:yy:

SunhanAllah. May Allah S.W.T guide us all and forgive our sins and show us the straight path. May Allah S.W.T bless us all and may we seek refuge in Allah S.W.T before it is too late.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Incredible97
Lol my sister's child*

Thanks! Ameen :smile:

Congrats.
X

Wa alaykum asalaam warahmatullah,

Great post, jazakAllah khayr for sharing. Would rep if I could.

-------------------------------

Handy tool for typing "salAllahu alayhi wasallam" on MS Word and similar documents (and a handy reminder as well):

https://mohdabubakr.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/typing-sall-allahu-%CA%BFalay-hi-wa-sallam-in-ms-word-and-ms-office-documents/
http://www.snappytv.com/tc/483078/92273

So what do you guys think of this?
Btw, credit to TMG. I was just copy/pasting his post on the whatsapp group :smile:
:yy:

SunhanAllah. May Allah S.W.T guide us all and forgive our sins and show us the straight path. May Allah S.W.T bless us all and may we seek refuge in Allah S.W.T before it is too late.

Ameen.

Original post by themorninglight
Wa alaykum asalaam warahmatullah,

Great post, jazakAllah khayr for sharing. Would rep if I could.

-------------------------------

Handy tool for typing "salAllahu alayhi wasallam" on MS Word and similar documents (and a handy reminder as well):

https://mohdabubakr.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/typing-sall-allahu-%CA%BFalay-hi-wa-sallam-in-ms-word-and-ms-office-documents/

You can give rep to TMG :tongue:

Nice tool for the people who have blogs and so on!
Original post by thefreakoffreaks
http://www.snappytv.com/tc/483078/92273

So what do you guys think of this?

I disagree with him on some parts and I agree with him on others.
Thank you Adil bro :smile:

Lol no worries :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol your announcement making me feel so jealous, I want kids!
Original post by The_K1NG
Congrats.

Thanks Zayan bro :smile:

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol your announcement making me feel so jealous, I want kids!

Lol don't worry, Inshallah you'll have kids! :smile:
Walaykum asalaam all :smile:

Ya Rabb, don't put me back into what you once took me out from.

----

I will be taking a long break from here. And I'm not feeling well atm myself. I have a lot going round and that I feel sad announcing this myself that I'll be going. I will dearly miss all of you and Jazak Allahu Kahyran for all those beautiful, beneficial posts you guys have been posting. Can't rep some of you :frown: but alhamdulillah we have a beautiful ISOC. :smile:
Also forgive me Tawheed for not be able to read upon Surat Yusuf :redface: and Ideas4Life can I ask you a question?

Asalaamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
Original post by Mary562

----

I will be taking a long break from here. And I'm not feeling well atm myself. I have a lot going round and that I feel sad announcing this myself that I'll be going. I will dearly miss all of you and Jazak Allahu Kahyran for all those beautiful, beneficial posts you guys have been posting. Can't rep some of you :frown: but alhamdulillah we have a beautiful ISOC. :smile:
Also forgive me Tawheed for not be able to read upon Surat Yusuf :redface: and Ideas4Life can I ask you a question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What your leaving forever? No!!!
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

What your leaving forever? No!!!

It will be a long break and I'll be back here one day insha'Allah :smile:
Original post by Mary562
It will be a long break and I'll be back here one day insha'Allah :smile:

From 2:20 to 2:57, is how all of ISOC feels about your tsr holiday. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9AWegauJM
Original post by Mary562

----

Maryam what's wrong? I have been asking you this question since morning, i know its too personal dear, but I'm always here for you, I asked you this question so many times in Skype. I know your extremely upset about something. I'm always here for you, please feel free to ask me anything, if you need any help I'm always here for you :hugs:. Now come on Skype I'm going to talk to you properly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
From 2:20 to 2:57, is how all of ISOC feels about your tsr holiday. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9AWegauJM

Sweet of you :redface:
Maryam what's wrong? I have been asking you this question since morning, i know its too personal dear, but I'm always here for you, I asked you this question so many times in Skype. I know your extremely upset about something. I'm always here for you, please feel free to ask me anything, if you need any help I'm always here for you :hugs:. Now come on Skype I'm going to talk to you properly.

Yalda, nothing but I'll come on :smile:
OMG! It's a girl :blow:

Awww congratulations! May Allah always keep your sister happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Awww congratulations! May Allah always keep your sister happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you Sis. Ameen!:smile:
Original post by Mary562

----

Waalaykumassalam Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

May Allah bless you. I'll miss your beautiful posts. Come back soon please. :smile:
Original post by Mary562
Sweet of you :redface:

Yalda, nothing but I'll come on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will miss your hadith and Quran quotes.I'll always remember you when I see or eat chocolate bars, especially galaxy lol.

Latest