Slade School of Fine Art Application Advice

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -zoe-
There you go :smile:

Thanks! I love your stuff on dreams.. Really interesting :smile:
Reply 321
Original post by meganabcdefg
Thanks! I love your stuff on dreams.. Really interesting :smile:

Thank you :smile: Your scanner self portraits are so interesting too, I really like them
Original post by -zoe-
Thank you :smile: Your scanner self portraits are so interesting too, I really like them

Thank you! Are you on Foundation at the moment? :smile:
Reply 323
Thank you! Are you on Foundation at the moment? :smile:

Yeah :smile: are you?
Original post by -zoe-
Yeah :smile: are you?

Yeahhh! Where are you doing yours? I'm at Oxford Brookes :smile:

Where else did you apply?
Reply 325
Yeahhh! Where are you doing yours? I'm at Oxford Brookes :smile:

Where else did you apply?

I'm doing mine at a college in Wigan haha, but I'm from Liverpool, and I applied to Camberwell for drawing, Chelsea, Goldsmiths and Kingston :smile: I've been offered a place at Kingston, and I have interviews for Chelsea and Camberwell coming up, not heard from Goldsmiths yet, but I can't imagine hearing a reply for at least another week or two... You?
Original post by -zoe-
I'm doing mine at a college in Wigan haha, but I'm from Liverpool, and I applied to Camberwell for drawing, Chelsea, Goldsmiths and Kingston :smile: I've been offered a place at Kingston, and I have interviews for Chelsea and Camberwell coming up, not heard from Goldsmiths yet, but I can't imagine hearing a reply for at least another week or two... You?

Haha awesome! Ahh I applied to Chelsea and Kingston too! I've got my Chelsea interview on 4th March. I just had my interview at Kingston on Wednesday! When was yours? :smile: And I also applied to Wimbledon aaaaaand Oxford Brookes.
Reply 327
Haha awesome! Ahh I applied to Chelsea and Kingston too! I've got my Chelsea interview on 4th March. I just had my interview at Kingston on Wednesday! When was yours? :smile: And I also applied to Wimbledon aaaaaand Oxford Brookes.

Haha oh right! I think mine was on the 4th of February :smile: good luck for your Chelsea one! Mine is on the 11th of March :/ I'm really nervous for it tbh...
I honestly can't cope with this waiting. And I forgot to put in the names/dates of the work in my portfolio, so I'm almost definitely waiting on a rejection for my inability to follow simple instructions. Oops!
Original post by blacklineonwhite
I honestly can't cope with this waiting. And I forgot to put in the names/dates of the work in my portfolio, so I'm almost definitely waiting on a rejection for my inability to follow simple instructions. Oops!

Hey please add yourself
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Slade_school_of_art_applicants_stalking_page_2015_entry
Don't worry, I forgot the medium part!! Plus I wrote it in a blunt pencil on printer out card which had my work on, that had a red line running through each pieces because the printer was broken.
I Think a lot of people will have forgotten, I wouldn't worry :-)
Original post by Notwinter
Hey please add yourself
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Slade_school_of_art_applicants_stalking_page_2015_entry
Don't worry, I forgot the medium part!! Plus I wrote it in a blunt pencil on printer out card which had my work on, that had a red line running through each pieces because the printer was broken.
I Think a lot of people will have forgotten, I wouldn't worry :-)

I don't think there was a medium part, so I wouldn't worry about that! Ahh I thought there would be some word by now, how torturous :frown:
Original post by Artfanatic
I don't think there was a medium part, so I wouldn't worry about that! Ahh I thought there would be some word by now, how torturous :frown:

"Notes should be included for each image including the title of the work, size, date and materials." - There was. I just forgotttttttttttttt Woops. To be fair it was my fault.
If not tomorrow deffo monday. But perhaps rejections will start tomorrow. Let us pray
"Notes should be included for each image including the title of the work, size, date and materials." - There was. I just forgotttttttttttttt Woops. To be fair it was my fault.
If not tomorrow deffo monday. But perhaps rejections will start tomorrow. Let us pray

That's only for international students I think. This bit is for UK students I presumed:

Each piece of work should be named and dated and where work is reproduced the dimensions of the original should be provided.

Ah well, I hope so for tomorrow!
Original post by Artfanatic
That's only for international students I think. This bit is for UK students I presumed:

Each piece of work should be named and dated and where work is reproduced the dimensions of the original should be provided.

Ah well, I hope so for tomorrow!

oh good!
Reply 334
Hey please add yourself

Ha! Yeah, mine was yellow. A yellow band over all the pictures.
Hello I see that you were talking about Goldsmiths and the online portfolio, i submitted it on monday and i know it will probably take a while for the uni to respond but i think i'm just too stressed and can't wait to see if i am rejected or not lol
By the way, what's tomorrow?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 336
Original post by monika.m
Hello I see that you were talking about Goldsmiths and the online portfolio, i submitted it on monday and i know it will probably take a while for the uni to respond but i think i'm just too stressed and can't wait to see if i am rejected or not lol
By the way, what's tomorrow?

I submitted mine last week :/ the deadline was only yesterday I think, so it's going to take a while for them to look through all of them... I reckon it won't be for another 1-2 weeks before they let us know, I think the interviews are in early March, so it hopefully won't be too long... I'm so impatient, I really want to know too haha
Original post by -zoe-
I submitted mine last week :/ the deadline was only yesterday I think, so it's going to take a while for them to look through all of them... I reckon it won't be for another 1-2 weeks before they let us know, I think the interviews are in early March, so it hopefully won't be too long... I'm so impatient, I really want to know too haha

I hope they will respond very soon! Even tho, i've seen few portfolios here and i feel ashamed that i sent off mine now lol
Reply 338
Original post by monika.m
I hope they will respond very soon! Even tho, i've seen few portfolios here and i feel ashamed that i sent off mine now lol

No I'm sure yours is really good!! But I hope so too :/
Original post by -zoe-
No I'm sure yours is really good!! But I hope so too :/

haha thank you :biggrin: it's just that i put images from different projects in it, the whole portfolio is a bit of a mess and i see people's portfolios are usually about one thing, well but i can't change it :frown: i will join you guys on the list that someone made, i want to see more portfolios as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest