The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

What is Primary Education with QTS course like at BCU?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LouiseRoche
I got my mom to book mine for me, got it booked for the 7th march, in the documents I think there should be a link to the site you can book them on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on your offer! I've got my interview there on the 11th of Feb! I'm extremely worried for the Maths and English tests, could anyone tell me what format they're in/what i will have to do?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Lucy_Upton
Congrats on your offer! I've got my interview there on the 11th of Feb! I'm extremely worried for the Maths and English tests, could anyone tell me what format they're in/what i will have to do?

Thank you!

maths: 10 questions, 20 minutes, they give you space to work it out then a space to write the answer...I dont think i did too good on this but i dont think its its the end of the world if you do bad or good, think its just to see where you already are with your maths.
english: just got to write an essay sort of thing about the given topic

there honestly not that scary so dont worry... good luck!
Thank you!

maths: 10 questions, 20 minutes, they give you space to work it out then a space to write the answer...I dont think i did too good on this but i dont think its its the end of the world if you do bad or good, think its just to see where you already are with your maths.
english: just got to write an essay sort of thing about the given topic

there honestly not that scary so dont worry... good luck!

well done on your offer! :smile:
what are the one-to-one interview like? liek is it really pressurising haha?? :/
Reply 63
I'm feeling mixed emotions at the moment. One side I'm extremely happy I've received an interview. On the other side I am so nervous about the interview. Worst thing is I always laugh/smile when I'm nervous. By the way I have my interview at Edge Hill University in March for Primary Education with QTS. To be fair at least I have over a month to prepare myself. I'm going to ask my placement teacher for some tips. Has anyone else applied to Edge Hill University and had an interview?
Original post by glitzy08
well done on your offer! :smile:
what are the one-to-one interview like? liek is it really pressurising haha?? :/

Nah there not that bad i was really nervous before hand but its actually quite relaxed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
Ive been given an email from the BCU and have been given an interview on the 10th March. I was just wondering does any one have any ideas on what is included on the day- as the email is not very detailed or informative.
Thanks x
Original post by Aimee Burchette
Hi,
Ive been given an email from the BCU and have been given an interview on the 10th March. I was just wondering does any one have any ideas on what is included on the day- as the email is not very detailed or informative.
Thanks x

i was wondering whether an 'artefact' be something like a whiteboard or coloured cards??
Hey, congrats for the interview, i am currently a student there. My interview was with the course leaders asking me questions about me, why choose this course, interesting on this course, how i see my self in 3 years stuff like this.

Hope i help,

Maria (BCU student MA Television Production)
Nah there not that bad i was really nervous before hand but its actually quite relaxed

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are some of the tricky ques they ask you?? :smile:
because i had my Northampton one on Wednesday, but i failed it... becasue they asked me a ques on One problem i faced and how i overcame it

Thanks in advance x
Oh Sorry for hearing about Northampton interview, they also ask me this question in BCU so be prepared, on that one I told them was hard for me to leave my country and family to come study in the UK since am an only child.
You can say something similar if you not from the UK or something happen to you in the past sad or happy memory.

Another on tricky question for me was when they ask me what I will offer to the course? Or if I can work with different people from different countries.

For your course am thinking will ask you about kids and how you can help them, or what you can offer them? Or if you have a difficult situation, what will be your reaction?

You can also google search interview questions on your subject and memorize them or think your answer what you can say.

Hope I help, Let me know how was it :smile::smile:

Maria
Original post by mariaf12
Oh Sorry for hearing about Northampton interview, they also ask me this question in BCU so be prepared, on that one I told them was hard for me to leave my country and family to come study in the UK since am an only child.
You can say something similar if you not from the UK or something happen to you in the past sad or happy memory.

Another on tricky question for me was when they ask me what I will offer to the course? Or if I can work with different people from different countries.

For your course am thinking will ask you about kids and how you can help them, or what you can offer them? Or if you have a difficult situation, what will be your reaction?

You can also google search interview questions on your subject and memorize them or think your answer what you can say.

Hope I help, Let me know how was it :smile::smile:

Maria

It's okay! and THANKYOU VERY MUCH that answer was really beautiful :smile: Like good answer to the question... and yh so what course are you studying and is BCU your first choice??
+ thanks, i will try and write down as many possible interview questions and practise them with my brother or something haha

Thanks,
Rosh xx :colone:
Reply 71

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, congrats on your offer! :smile: Just wanted to ask, how long did your presentation on your book/artefact last for? It says 5/6 minutes but I'm struggling to get over 3 minutes!

Thanks,
Hannah :smile:
Hey Rosh,

I'am doing my master on television production, I have recently graduated from university of Wolverhampton (BA broadcasting and Journalism) and yes BCU was my first choice and am thankful for this choice of mine i really like it here my course and facilities are really great you will see it when you come. :smile: :smile:
aw that it so nice to here!! well done you for getting onto master!

BTW when is the new building going to be made for the millienium point thing... like the education moving??? :smile::biggrin:
Original post by hsharp5
Hi, congrats on your offer! :smile: Just wanted to ask, how long did your presentation on your book/artefact last for? It says 5/6 minutes but I'm struggling to get over 3 minutes!

Thanks,
Hannah :smile:

Ngl im not sure how long mine lasted tbf sorry & thankyou x

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi! this is targeted to those who have already had their interview at BCU, but I had my interview at BCU on the 10th February, but I am still waiting for a decision :/ how long did it take for them to reply to you all? This is my last university im waiting for a decision from so im getting kind of impatient haha !

And to those who are waiting to have their interview at BCU, don't be nervous! they make you feel so relaxed, if it helps I can honestly say it was my best interview out of all my Primary Education interviews :smile:
Hi...got my interview coming up in a few days...just wondering what sorts of objects people took with them for task 1..? Would really appreciate the help..thanks!
Reply 77
Original post by peachisu
hi! this is targeted to those who have already had their interview at BCU, but I had my interview at BCU on the 10th February, but I am still waiting for a decision :/ how long did it take for them to reply to you all? This is my last university im waiting for a decision from so im getting kind of impatient haha !

And to those who are waiting to have their interview at BCU, don't be nervous! they make you feel so relaxed, if it helps I can honestly say it was my best interview out of all my Primary Education interviews :smile:
I had mine on the 10th too, i'm still waiting for a reply aswell!
Original post by hsharp5
I had mine on the 10th too, i'm still waiting for a reply aswell!

funnily enough I got my reply straight after I made that post! did you get a reply?
Reply 79
Original post by peachisu
funnily enough I got my reply straight after I made that post! did you get a reply?

Yes haha! I got an offer, did you? :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending