The Student Room Group

Applications to usa 2015 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAnnabelle
Yup!!! Its gonna be a tense two days! Haven't decided whether i just want to open them all on the 1st or do it in two parts.....arghh....

This has been the biggest thought in my mind since I found out it's all within 2 days! Glad it's not just me :smile:

Sod's law says that if I get an offer, it'll be on the second day so I get super demotivated from the first day, so I want to wait until April to open them all but I don't know if I'll have the self restraint :woo:
Original post by anunoriginaluser
This has been the biggest thought in my mind since I found out it's all within 2 days! Glad it's not just me :smile:

Sod's law says that if I get an offer, it'll be on the second day so I get super demotivated from the first day, so I want to wait until April to open them all but I don't know if I'll have the self restraint :woo:

Same here! Depends how much I'll be able to resist when I get home from school on the 31st!!! I'll literally be quivering from nerves though..... It's so tough to say from now. I'm leaning towards ripping off the plaster at once on the 1st. But we'll so how it goes down :colondollar:

Do you know anyone who's been through this beforE?
Reply 42
Fingers crossed for imperial for you!!!! Hope it works out!!!! They do like to take their time...along with durham and UCL

Same here! Depends how much I'll be able to resist when I get home from school on the 31st!!! I'll literally be quivering from nerves though..... It's so tough to say from now. I'm leaning towards ripping off the plaster at once on the 1st. But we'll so how it goes down :colondollar:

Do you know anyone who's been through this beforE?

Nah; first in family for uni and first in school for US so no idea :frown:

I think the ones I have a decent chance with are Vassar, Colby and Rice and they're distributed across both days which is a bit of a relief :smile:

I think the ones I have a decent chance with are Vassar, Colby and Rice and they're distributed across both days which is a bit of a relief :smile:

I'm going to be a first in family for university too!!! Join the club! :smile:
Original post by MarchingBand2015
I'm going to be a first in family for university too!!! Join the club! :smile:

:five:

I wish the common app reported decisions on the day; It'd be nicer than the stress of scanning all the different letters scattered across different formats :')
:five:

I wish the common app reported decisions on the day; It'd be nicer than the stress of scanning all the different letters scattered across different formats :')

Haha right. They need a more centralized system for like everyone.

That's really exciting, best of luck !
Those are all awesome!!! Rice is amazing! Regretting not completing their app!!! Colby and Vasaar too though i am less familiar with them. Rice gives amazing aid though as I understand
That's really exciting, best of luck !
Those are all awesome!!! Rice is amazing! Regretting not completing their app!!! Colby and Vasaar too though i am less familiar with them. Rice gives amazing aid though as I understand

Rice looks great :biggrin: I applied for Engineering there but idk if that was the right choice :s hopefully if they did admit me they'd be forgiving if I wanted to do arts & sciences :smile:
Reply 49
Hey guys for people who applied to Harvard have anyone of you submitted an application to GSAS? I was not told about this and am wondering if anyone has?
Original post by sagar448
Hey guys for people who applied to Harvard have anyone of you submitted an application to GSAS? I was not told about this and am wondering if anyone has?

Is that the grad school? Since I'm applying as an undergrad....should I have?

This is the first i've heard...
(edited 9 years ago)
Rice looks great :biggrin: I applied for Engineering there but idk if that was the right choice :s hopefully if they did admit me they'd be forgiving if I wanted to do arts & sciences :smile:

I think that'd probably be ok ahaha. I think they're more flexible in the US :-))))
Reply 52
Is that the grad school? Since I'm applying as an undergrad....should I have?

This is the first i've heard...

Well i got an email but ive looked everywhere i dnt think we are so nvm :tongue:
I think that'd probably be ok ahaha. I think they're more flexible in the US :-))))

Oh yeah. There really shouldn't be a problem at any US college with transferring to a different school within the university, unless it is like a music program or engineering program. Then it might be a little harder, but it should still be no big deal. They understand perfectly that people change their minds.
Original post by MarchingBand2015
Oh yeah. There really shouldn't be a problem at any US college with transferring to a different school within the university, unless it is like a music program or engineering program. Then it might be a little harder, but it should still be no big deal. They understand perfectly that people change their minds.

Yeah I checked up and Rice let you change your mind after admission even if not when at the uni (Although probably then too for a period) :smile:
Those of your applying to Harvard? (any for any financial aid there). What are you guys doing about send a "federal tax return" form for your yourselves as students ( on the IDOC account). We don't have "non-tax filers statements" in the UK, so I don't know what to send???

Reply 56
Those of your applying to Harvard? (any for any financial aid there). What are you guys doing about send a "federal tax return" form for your yourselves as students ( on the IDOC account). We don't have "non-tax filers statements" in the UK, so I don't know what to send???

If I'm not wrong I believe this is for US residents only? BUt I'm not sure. I did apply for financial aid but I have not come across this.
Original post by sagar448
If I'm not wrong I believe this is for US residents only? BUt I'm not sure. I did apply for financial aid but I have not come across this.

Nevermind! I found the solution already! The form i need to complete is given to me on the IDOC webpage! i think its for internationals too though!
Applied to Universities of Pennsylvania and Pittsburgh. Rejected from Penn, enrolled at Pitt.
Reply 59
SUPER late to this but I applied to Yale, Harvard, Brown, Cornell, and UChicago. Had interviews at all apart from Cornell. 2200 SAT score, 8A* 4A 1B at GCSE, 4As at AS (and predicted 3A* at A2 plus an A* in EPQ). Some good ECs etc. I ended up only applying for FA at Yale and Harvard (I'm a US citizen even though I've never lived there so I think that was easier for me than you guys) bc they're the only two I'd consider over Cambridge at this point, but it's incredibly unlikely I'd get into either of those

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending