The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mary562
Walaykum asalaam all :smile:

Ya Rabb, don't put me back into what you once took me out from.

----

I will be taking a long break from here. And I'm not feeling well atm myself. I have a lot going round and that I feel sad announcing this myself that I'll be going. I will dearly miss all of you and Jazak Allahu Kahyran for all those beautiful, beneficial posts you guys have been posting. Can't rep some of you :frown: but alhamdulillah we have a beautiful ISOC. :smile:
Also forgive me Tawheed for not be able to read upon Surat Yusuf :redface: and Ideas4Life can I ask you a question?

Asalaamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Wasalam. Sorry to see you go :frown:
JZK for all your beneficial posts.
Hope you feel better. I'm here if you want to talk :smile:
Take care
X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Incredible97
Thank you Sis. Ameen!:smile:

Make sure you send some pictures :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mary562

----

I will be taking a long break from here. And I'm not feeling well atm myself. I have a lot going round and that I feel sad announcing this myself that I'll be going. I will dearly miss all of you and Jazak Allahu Kahyran for all those beautiful, beneficial posts you guys have been posting. Can't rep some of you :frown: but alhamdulillah we have a beautiful ISOC. :smile:
Also forgive me Tawheed for not be able to read upon Surat Yusuf :redface: and Ideas4Life can I ask you a question?

Wa alaykum assalam warahmatullahi wa barakatuh

We will miss your posts too don't be off too long. take care and good luck in everything you're doing! :smile:
Original post by Mary562

----

Wa'aleykum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatu

Hope everything is fine and your exams go well InshaAllah :smile: Take care, till we meet again, Maryam :moon:
Original post by The_K1NG
Waalaykumassalam Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

May Allah bless you. I'll miss your beautiful posts. Come back soon please. :smile:

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I will miss your hadith and Quran quotes.I'll always remember you when I see or eat chocolate bars, especially galaxy lol.

Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam. Sorry to see you go :frown:
JZK for all your beneficial posts.
Hope you feel better. I'm here if you want to talk :smile:
Take care
X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by kyoti
Wa alaykum assalam warahmatullahi wa barakatuh

We will miss your posts too don't be off too long. take care and good luck in everything you're doing! :smile:

Original post by Zamestaneh
Wa'aleykum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatu

Hope everything is fine and your exams go well InshaAllah :smile: Take care, till we meet again, Maryam :moon:

:smile::smile: Jzk-k for all your kind words - today is the last day I have fun on here until next time insha'Allah
(edited 9 years ago)
We have all fallen in love with this surah Yusuf once because it is one of the surah’s which stand out and have a purpose behind it. I remember rushing to see what my Dad would always say about this surah. And that on TV ‘Ariana’ (afghans know what I’m walking about) they would actually act the scene out as it has said in the Quran, I’d always run to see what would happen next in each episode. :smile:

I specifically done this Surah as ‘Tawheed’ has said and I think leaving without this post would be sad for you guys and I feel bad myself that I’ve broken a promise :redface:

I’ve highlighted main points and some ayahs.

Surah Yusuf

When Yusuf said to his father “O my father, surely I saw eleven stars and the sun and the moon, I saw them prostrating to me”. With this ayah Allah (swt) begins the story of Yusuf (as). Allah (swt) begins this story with a dream that Yusuf (as) had and He (swt) ends this story with the fulfillment of that dream. In this ayah Allah (swt) brings our attention to that dream. Allah (swt) tells us about the time when Yusuf (as) told his father about this dream. We see how Yusuf (as) tells his father that he (as) saw eleven stars, the sun and the moon prostrating before him (as) in this dream. It is important to note that this is not a prostration of worship but rather it is only a prostration of respect and reverence. One lesson that we can take from this is to realize that children are far more intellectually capable than we often give them credit for. In our days we always treat children as babies and we never challenge them intellectually. We never give them ideas or thoughts to think about. This is mistake. We should take care to teach our children about Islam and about the meaning of existence at a young age. Do not think that they are too young.

6. He said, “O my son, do not narrate your dream onto your brothers, for if you do then they will plan a plan against you. Surely Shaitan is to man a clear enemy”. Notice here how Yaqoob (as) gives his son this warning before he even comments on the dream in any way. Before he tells his son anything, he first tells him not to relate this dream to his brothers. First of all this shows us the love that Yaqoob had for his son. He was very concerned and worried about Yusuf (as). From this we can take the lesson that we also must be concerned for the safety and well-being of our children. We know who is that is making the brothers so jealous of Yusuf (as). Shaitan is always working to put jealousy and hatred into our hearts. Shaitan wants us to fight with each other, especially with our Muslim brothers and sisters, especially with members of our own family.

We know that his brothers are jealous of him and that they placed him at the bottom of the well. At Isha they went home and cried to their father and said that Yusuf (as) was eaten by a wolf. 19. And they came (standing) on his shirt with false blood… And later a caravan came and took Yusuf with them to Egypt. Yusuf lived with one the greatest people amongst that time. (Al-Aziz and his wife).

24. And she in whose house he was in rawadat him against his soul, and she bolted the doors and said “Haytha”, he said “I seek refuge in Allah, surely He is my Lord, and He has made good my home. Surely the Dhalimoon are never successful”. There are so many temptations in today’s society. It is not only the fact that women walk in the streets naked while purposely showing off their beauty, it is not only the fact that sex is marketed freely on all forms of media, but it is also that this culture of Capitalism encourages consumption and instant gratification. The culture teaches you that you are the most important person in the world and that your needs and desires need to be satisfied. This culture makes you forget about Allah (swt). It makes you forget about the Day of Judgment on which you will return to Him (swt) and be accountable for all that you have done. It just teaches you to live for today as if tomorrow will never come. Al-Aziz wife ripped his shirt when they both ran and when the last door opened he was standing there. She accused Yusuf (as) of trying to commit evil with her. Even though Yusuf (as) had rejected her and even though she had been discovered by her husband trying to do this evil act she still desires him (as) and she still desires to do evil with him (as). So strong was her desire that even after all of this she still does not give up on Yusuf (as). This serves to remind us once again of how perfect a human being Yusuf (as) was because of his nearness to Allah (swt) and it also shows us how she was one who was a slave to her desires. One who would do anything only to satisfy herself.

At one event where Aziz’s wife gives out knives to the women while cutting some fruit, when Yusuf walks in they are amazed and do not at all realise that they’re cutting their hands. This was one of her plans but her husband didn't fall for it. Instead Yusuf said that 34. He said “My Rabb, the prison is more beloved to me than what they call me to. And if you do not turn away their plots from me, I will incline towards them and become of the ignorant”.

Yusuf goes to prison and spends a lot of time there… The King wants to meet him and then 57. And thus did we establish Yusuf in the land, he could live therein wherever he pleased, We give a portion of our Mercy to whom We please, and We will never allow the reward of those who have Ihsan to go to waste. Here, Yusuf (as) is set free for prison and is given his freedom. He (as) had the regard and the respect of the king and the entire kingdom of Egypt. They all knew what a righteous and honoured man he (as) was.

Yusuf’s brothers came and they didn't recognise him at all and was unaware of him. They never expected that their brother could have some way found himself out of that well and into the shoes of the man whom they saw before themselves at that moment. They were completely ignorant as to the true reality of the situation. Contrast now the difference in situation between Yusuf (as) and his brothers. Look at how much Allah (swt) has raised him (as) above from where he (as) used to be. It is said that knowledge is the greatest of power that one can have over a person. Yusuf (as) had full knowledge over his brothers, he (as) knew exactly who they were and he (as) even knew why they had come. They on other hand were completely ignorant of him (as). They had no knowledge whatsoever that this man was Yusuf (as). So see here how much power Allah (swt) had given Yusuf (as) over his brothers. He (as) knew them fully while they were completely ignorant of him (as). Such is how Allah (swt) raises those whom He (swt) is pleased with in degrees over others.

Yusuf (as) told his brothers to send one of his brother’s to Egypt… He also later greeted himself to the others to say that He (as) was their brother etc 94. “Go with this shirt of mine, and cast it on my father’s face, he will come seeing, and bring to me your families all together”. Here Yusuf (as) commands his brothers to go back to Philistine and to take his shirt with them. Notice the emphasis once again on the shirt. This is the third time in the Surah that the shirt is mentioned. First the shirt is what told Yaqoob (as) that Yusuf (as) was not eaten by a wolf as the brothers were claiming. Second the shirt was what proved that Yusuf (as) was innocent and that he (as) did not try to seduce the wife of the Aziz as she had claimed. Now here the shirt comes again, thus we see Allah (swt) is drawing our attention to the shirt. From this we take the lesson once again that our wearing of garments is also an important part of our worship and servitude of Allah (swt). As Muslims we must remember to dress modestly and we must cover all that Allah (swt) has ordered to be covered.

His father’s vision returned when the shirt was put to his face. Then Yaqoob (as) believed his son was alive. So, he went to meet him in Egypt (this is my favourite part I always cry at this scene)

111. And he raised his parents on the arsh, and they fell down to him in prostration, and he said “O my father, This is the meaning of my true dream from before. Surely my Lord has made it into a reality, and surely He has done Ihsan to me when He took me out of the prison and He made you all come to me from the desert even after Shaitan had sown enmity between me and my brothers. Surely my Lord is Subtle when He does what He wills. Surely He is the Knowing, the Wise”. The story of Yusuf (as) is the story of a man who went from the lowest of the low to the highest of the high. What is most beautiful about this is that it was Allah (swt) and Allah (swt) Alone Who did it. Allah (swt) is the One Who was involved in every moment in the life of Yusuf (as). Allah (swt) is the One Who took him (as) from that deep well to that high position in Egypt.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562

----

Come back soon:smile:
Original post by Mary562
:smile::smile: Jzk-k for all your kind words - today is the last day I have fun on here until next time insha'Allah

Wa iyyaki.

Posted from TSR Mobile
103:1to top

Sahih International
By time,

103:2to top

Sahih International
Indeed, mankind is in loss,

103:3to top

Sahih International
Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.

The Garbage Thrower: (a heart touching story)

She thought till late at midnight and finally decided how to take revenge from him. She could not sleep all night, because she was too eager to take revenge for the idols she worshiped. Even before the first ray of sunlight had entered her window, she was busy sweeping her house. She saved all the garbage in a basket, placed it on the roof of her house and proudly looked at it for a while, then with an impatient look on her face, she looked at the street that she lived on, and thought, "No one has ever seen him angry. Everybody will praise me when they will see him shouting at me and getting mad. They will laugh at him and make fun of him." She looked at the basket again and grinned.

Meanwhile, she heard footsteps, announcing the approach of the end of her waiting. "Finally my prey has arrived," she thought, as she saw a man dressed in clean, white clothes coming that way. She picked up the basket in her hands and threw all the garbage on him when he passed by. Much to the woman's disappointment, he did not say anything and continued on his way.

She did the same the following day thinking, "Maybe this time I will be able to annoy him." But he was too gentle to shout at a woman. She misinterpreted his attitude as fear and decided to repeat the same mischief everyday in order to keep him frightened, so that he might stop preaching the Oneness of God.

This gentleman whom the woman hated so much was Muhammad (pbuh), the last prophet of Allah Almighty. He did not want to disappoint the woman and so continued to walk down the street everyday, instead of picking an alternate route, and prayed for the woman to recognize the Truth.

One day, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not find the woman to be on the roof of her house with the basket. This worried him, because he thought something must have happened to her for not being over there. So he knocked at the door. "Who is it?" asked a feeble voice. "Muhammad bin Abdullah," was the reply, "can I come in?" The woman feared, "I am sick, and too weak to fight or talk back, therefore Muhammad has come to take revenge for what I have been doing to him." But the permission to enter her house was in such a gentle voice that she allowed him in.

Muhammad (pbuh) entered the house and told the woman that not finding her on the roof had worried him and he thus wanted to inquire about her health. On finding out how ill she was, he gently asked if she needed any help. Hypnotized by the affectionate tone in the Holy Prophet's (pbuh) blessed voice, she forgot all fear and asked for some water. He kindly gave her some in a utensil and prayed for her health, while she quenched her thirst. This made her feel very guilty for being so cruel to him in the past and she apologized for her mean behaviour. He forgave her and came to her house everyday to clean it, to feed her and to pray for her, till she was on her feet again. The kind attitude of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) inspired her into the recognition of the Truth, and his prayers were answered in the form of yet another addition into the growing number of Muslims.
Original post by Mary562

----

Awwwww :frown: Gonna miss you too, my hyper buddy :hugs:
Jazakillahu khayran to you too for all your beautiful posts.. I really enjoyed reading them!
May Allah grant you a quick recovery. May He bless you with happiness and all the success. Ameen.

Take care of yourself.

Wa'alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. :smile:

Original post by Incredible97
OMG! It's a girl :blow:

awww Congratulations :biggrin: May Allah make her the coolness to her parents eyes. Ameen.
Ameen :smile: Going now :flybye:

Remember me in your duas

Asalaamu Alaykum Warahmatullah Wa Barakatuh
Original post by Mary562

Remember me in your duas

Walaikum assalam warahmatullah wa barakatuh,

Seems like I was late. Your posts will be missed. :smile: Goodbye and best of luck! Feel free to come back and stay in touch.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562

Remember me in your duas

Waalaykumassalam Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

We will, most definitely.
Our Future as Muslims in the West - Br. Nouman Ali Khan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptvWCd3tIMQ

"One of the necessary needs of the Ummah today is a scholarly, thorough understanding of controversial subjects. Not just so we can explain it to the non-Muslims but for our own selves."

Exactly what I've been thinking ever since I've come to TSR.

EDIT:
I LOVE how NAK distinguished between communities and cults and even made a controversial statement: "A lot of masjids in this country are cults but what we need in this country are communities." Us Muslims need to heed this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

One of my friends, may Allah reward her and keep her steadfast, shared this with me and I cannot thank her enough for doing so! Whenever I feel lazy (in terms of salaah/other ibaadah) I read through this and subhaanAllah all the "I'm tired"'s disappear.

"Why do you not pray?

Oh my brother and oh my sister, why do you not pray?

Why do you not pray when Allah has created you and has given you everything? And all he asks of you in return is a few minutes of each day and you cannot even give him that?

Why do you not pray when he could have made you a non believer yet he chose you and gave you imaan(faith)?

Why do you not pray when it is the very purpose of your life and creation?

Why do you not pray when the prayer is so important that Almighty Allah had to call the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to himself, through the 7 heavens to his throne, in order to give the Ummah of Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) the prayer?

Why do you not pray when it is the prayer which distinguishes between faith and disbelief?

Why do you not pray when you know that you can die at any second and you risk dying without being able to utter the Shahada (proclamation of Islamic faith), due to the test of shaythan and therefore risk dying without imaan (faith)?

Why do you not pray when you risk seeing the Angel of Death in its worst and most ugly and disgusting form and appearance where it will handle the disobedient in a terribly harsh manner, forcing the soul from the body and dragging it away!

Why do you not pray when in the grave the two angels will ask you questions about your faith and you may not be able to answer them?

Why do you not pray when you know that you risk getting the grave punishment which is a punishment so severe that the Earth will constantly crush the body until the ribs interlock into each other, and the worst vermin of the Earth like snakes, scorpions and other creatures will constantly bite on the body?

Why do you not pray when you know you will certainly face Allah and the first question you will be asked is about the prayer? How will you answer it if you don't pray? If you fail to answer the first question then you will definitely fail to answer the rest of the questions!

Why do you not pray when you know that you are sacrificing the Hereafter which is for eternity just for this short temporary life which can end at any moment? You will not be able to take anything with you from this life except your deeds! Then what will you have to save you if you do not pray?

Why do you not pray when you know what a terrible day the day of Judgement day will be, where so many people will be in a state of terror and worry, and the sun will be above our heads and many will drown in their own sweat! There will be no water or shade except for the righteous!

Why do you not pray when you know you may end up in the fire, a place of terrible torture and torment that no one will ever have witnessed before. Where the fuel for the blazing fire will be of men and stones and there will be no drink except for boiling water and no food except for thorny plants and the blood, sweat and pus of the inhabitants! It is a place where it even seeks refuge from Allah against itself!

Why do not pray when you know you risk losing eternal happiness and bliss in Paradise where we can have whatever our hearts desire forever! It is a place where every inhabitant will be eternally beautiful and youthful without ever getting ill, or being inflicted with disease, nor will there be any depression nor unhappiness nor any pain. There will be no hatred, enmity, jealousy or malice. A life so pure and everlasting. Then how can we trade such a place for this short and temporary existence? How can eternity be traded for a short passing journey? The limited pleasures of this life can never be compared to the unlimited pleasures of Paradise!

Why do you not pray when you risk losing something better than Paradise. A gift to the believer like no other. Something that no other creation of Allah's has seen. Do you want to know what it will be? It will be the moment when Almighty Allah the most exalted and high reveals his beautiful face for the first time. It will be to the inhabitants of Paradise! How do you expect to be amongst the inhabitants of Paradise on that day when you do not pray?

Therefore you must pray and not ever miss another prayer again lest death overcomes you which can happen at any second. Do not waste anymore time as our time is short.

So know that all is not lost if you start from now and not intentionally miss another prayer again for your eternity depends on it! Otherwise there will be utter regret but by then it will be too late."

May Allah make it easy for us to fulfill the rights of salaah and make it the coolness of our eyes, a source of happiness and tranquility.
Original post by Ankabout
Our Future as Muslims in the West - Br. Nouman Ali Khan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptvWCd3tIMQ

"One of the necessary needs of the Ummah today is a scholarly, thorough understanding of controversial subjects. Not just so we can explain it to the non-Muslims but for our own selves."

Exactly what I've been thinking ever since I've come to TSR.

EDIT:
I LOVE how NAK distinguished between communities and cults and even made a controversial statement: "A lot of masjids in this country are cults but what we need in this country are communities." Us Muslims need to heed this.

JazaakAllah khair Ankabout :smile:
Original post by Mary562

Remember me in your duas

Waalaikumassalam warshmatullah wabarakatuh.

Will do.
Original post by Aabidah
Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

One of my friends, may Allah reward her and keep her steadfast, shared this with me and I cannot thank her enough for doing so! Whenever I feel lazy (in terms of salaah/other ibaadah) I read through this and subhaanAllah all the "I'm tired"'s disappear.

"Why do you not pray?

Oh my brother and oh my sister, why do you not pray?

Why do you not pray when Allah has created you and has given you everything? And all he asks of you in return is a few minutes of each day and you cannot even give him that?

Why do you not pray when he could have made you a non believer yet he chose you and gave you imaan(faith)?

Why do you not pray when it is the very purpose of your life and creation?

Why do you not pray when the prayer is so important that Almighty Allah had to call the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to himself, through the 7 heavens to his throne, in order to give the Ummah of Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) the prayer?

Why do you not pray when it is the prayer which distinguishes between faith and disbelief?

Why do you not pray when you know that you can die at any second and you risk dying without being able to utter the Shahada (proclamation of Islamic faith), due to the test of shaythan and therefore risk dying without imaan (faith)?

Why do you not pray when you risk seeing the Angel of Death in its worst and most ugly and disgusting form and appearance where it will handle the disobedient in a terribly harsh manner, forcing the soul from the body and dragging it away!

Why do you not pray when in the grave the two angels will ask you questions about your faith and you may not be able to answer them?

Why do you not pray when you know that you risk getting the grave punishment which is a punishment so severe that the Earth will constantly crush the body until the ribs interlock into each other, and the worst vermin of the Earth like snakes, scorpions and other creatures will constantly bite on the body?

Why do you not pray when you know you will certainly face Allah and the first question you will be asked is about the prayer? How will you answer it if you don't pray? If you fail to answer the first question then you will definitely fail to answer the rest of the questions!

Why do you not pray when you know that you are sacrificing the Hereafter which is for eternity just for this short temporary life which can end at any moment? You will not be able to take anything with you from this life except your deeds! Then what will you have to save you if you do not pray?

Why do you not pray when you know what a terrible day the day of Judgement day will be, where so many people will be in a state of terror and worry, and the sun will be above our heads and many will drown in their own sweat! There will be no water or shade except for the righteous!

Why do you not pray when you know you may end up in the fire, a place of terrible torture and torment that no one will ever have witnessed before. Where the fuel for the blazing fire will be of men and stones and there will be no drink except for boiling water and no food except for thorny plants and the blood, sweat and pus of the inhabitants! It is a place where it even seeks refuge from Allah against itself!

Why do not pray when you know you risk losing eternal happiness and bliss in Paradise where we can have whatever our hearts desire forever! It is a place where every inhabitant will be eternally beautiful and youthful without ever getting ill, or being inflicted with disease, nor will there be any depression nor unhappiness nor any pain. There will be no hatred, enmity, jealousy or malice. A life so pure and everlasting. Then how can we trade such a place for this short and temporary existence? How can eternity be traded for a short passing journey? The limited pleasures of this life can never be compared to the unlimited pleasures of Paradise!

Why do you not pray when you risk losing something better than Paradise. A gift to the believer like no other. Something that no other creation of Allah's has seen. Do you want to know what it will be? It will be the moment when Almighty Allah the most exalted and high reveals his beautiful face for the first time. It will be to the inhabitants of Paradise! How do you expect to be amongst the inhabitants of Paradise on that day when you do not pray?

Therefore you must pray and not ever miss another prayer again lest death overcomes you which can happen at any second. Do not waste anymore time as our time is short.

So know that all is not lost if you start from now and not intentionally miss another prayer again for your eternity depends on it! Otherwise there will be utter regret but by then it will be too late."

May Allah make it easy for us to fulfill the rights of salaah and make it the coolness of our eyes, a source of happiness and tranquility.

JazakAllahu khayran subhanAllah. Thank u x
I've been sad all morning subhanAllah. Going to really miss mary. May Allah bless her and grant her jannah. Ameen.

Latest

Trending

Trending