The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by djavor
Oh no :frown: So disappointed- thought it was my best interview by far. Emailed them to ask why and they said they select candidates with a variety of work experience. I've volunteered at the stroke association for 9 months, have a month in special needs school and have also shadowed a therapist twice i don't understand how it's not enough :frown:

Aww, yeah I'm in a similar boat as you, so I really don't understand..?!
Hoping to firm Reading (I already have an offer), and hoping to put DMU as my insurance. Apparently I will hear from DMU after the date that I have to apply for Reading accommodation, and by that time I have to have accepted them as my firm.. But I won't have heard from DMU.. What do I do?!!
Original post by JordanC55
Yeah she was really lovely, seemed really down to earth as well! Do you remember her name?

No haha! :tongue: think i remember seeing you though! I enjoyed it a lot more than what I thought as well.
Original post by eskimok1
Aww, yeah I'm in a similar boat as you, so I really don't understand..?!

There must have been a ridiculous number of applicants, only explanation I can think off
Hoping to firm Reading (I already have an offer), and hoping to put DMU as my insurance. Apparently I will hear from DMU after the date that I have to apply for Reading accommodation, and by that time I have to have accepted them as my firm.. But I won't have heard from DMU.. What do I do?!!

When do we have to do that by?!?!?
Original post by djavor
No haha! :tongue: think i remember seeing you though! I enjoyed it a lot more than what I thought as well.

Were you in the morning?

Check UCAS but i think you have to have all your decisions before you can choose your firm and insurance.
That or a very one sided relationship, we love them a lot more than they love us!

Yeah, I get you! We just like the last to be picked for the team... Or in this case told that the team is full and ignored. I just don't understand how they could justify not rejecting straight away as it's kinda cruel.

ahhh fair enough! I don't blame you for looking! At least it gives you an end game for this mess haha!

YES! We're the rejects at the end haha! It does seem rather cruel, but there' still a small window of hope yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Called the uni, again, and harassed the women on the phone who said that they were rejecting applications if they weren't good enough which makes me think that we're definitely in the maybe pile.

Moreover, she said they have to have all responses out by February so it'll be over soon haha

BY FEB?!?! Jeez now I'm worried!!
Maybe pile it is I suppose...!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Were you in the morning?

Yeah remember there was only one guy there named Jordan aha
Reply 2110
Called the uni, again, and harassed the women on the phone who said that they were rejecting applications if they weren't good enough which makes me think that we're definitely in the maybe pile.

Moreover, she said they have to have all responses out by February so it'll be over soon haha
what Uni is this for?
Original post by ConMS
what Uni is this for?

Leeds Becket

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! I'm a lurker (forgot my password) also awaiting some news from Leeds Beckett! What a massive stress!

I am 41 (anyone else as 'mature' as me?) :biggrin:
Interview - Leeds Beckett 11th March 1pm!

Cor!
Original post by Baarbs
Interview - Leeds Beckett 11th March 1pm!

Cor!

Hi!! That's good news...hope all goes well*
Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Baarbs
Hello! I'm a lurker (forgot my password) also awaiting some news from Leeds Beckett! What a massive stress!

I am 41 (anyone else as 'mature' as me?) :biggrin:

Well done on the interview, I'm older than you by quite a bit!!
Original post by shropshirelass51
Well done on the interview, I'm older than you by quite a bit!!

hi there! How are you finding the process? I have only applied to Leeds as I live quite near and I have 2 small boys so all my eggs are very much in one basket! I can't believe I finally had a reply. I hope everyone else has heard.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ConMS
what Uni is this for?

Leeds brah.
Original post by Higlet
BY FEB?!?! Jeez now I'm worried!!
Maybe pile it is I suppose...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, end of February!

Quick Reply

Latest