The Student Room Group

PWC business insight week reasoning tests for YR12's

Has anyone done them yet?

I have a feeling the numerical reasoning test is going to be so hard.
I tried doing some practice reasoning tests which gave you 60 seconds for an answer. By the time I digested the question at least 30 seconds was already gone.

How would you suggest I prepare for it to get the best possible marks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
help pls :frown:
Hi, I haven't done it yet, have you?
hello, I completed these tests a few days ago they aren't as bad as expected i got 5/5 for verbal reasoning (a significant area of strength) and 4/5 for numerical reasoning (an area of strength). I improved on my mock tests of 3/5 and 4/5 respectively. for any advise just try to skim read the text extracts and focus for the area which the question asks it should speed up the answering.
Reply 4
Original post by d_miller97
Hi, I haven't done it yet, have you?

Not yet, I'm kinda dreading it
I think my deadline is the 11th anyway
Reply 5
Original post by Liam Armstrong
hello, I completed these tests a few days ago they aren't as bad as expected i got 5/5 for verbal reasoning (a significant area of strength) and 4/5 for numerical reasoning (an area of strength). I improved on my mock tests of 3/5 and 4/5 respectively. for any advise just try to skim read the text extracts and focus for the area which the question asks it should speed up the answering.

Generally I'm rather slow so speed under pressure is a problem for me.
When doing the mock tests the questions seemed tricky.
Original post by maceve

some of the mock questions came up in the real one so that really helps the speed don't feel too pressured I'm sure you'll be fine, I just got my E-mail today to tell me i made it to the next round so i would advise you to do it soon before the deadline is reached.
I was really nervous to do mine but I met their criteria as they said through email. I got another email today saying I've made it to the next stage anyone else?
What scores have people been getting for the Online Assessments?
I got 3/5 on both, I got an email saying I've got through to the next stage but when I go online to book an interview it says there are none to pick from... So annoying. Don't stress about the assessments

Original post by RhinoSquare
What scores have people been getting for the Online Assessments?
Reply 10
are the actual tests timed? and does anyone feel like they run out of time?
Reply 11
also, where can i find a mock version of the numerical test that is actually similar to the real test?
Reply 12
Original post by maceve

Original post by am8703
also, where can i find a mock version of the numerical test that is actually similar to the real test?

I haven't applied for this but i have done some tests before, i'm sure for you it won't be too difficult so do not worry too much about it. try assessment day tests (these have some harder questions than the actual ones but good for practice) you can also try some timed tests on shl website..
you'll most likely get shl numerical not too difficult just basic maths hardest part is probably exchange rates and percentage increase and decrease... keep practising and you'll be fine you should be able to do a practice one prior to the real make sure you do that..
let me know if you need any help.
Good Luck! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone had a telephone interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope not yet, anyone else heard back from PwC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by d_miller97
Nope not yet, anyone else heard back from PwC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should be hearing back today. I hope I 'succeed' at this stage.
Anyone had a telephone interview?
Same, I think everyone hears back today, so I doubt anyone has had an interview yet. I'm surprised they haven't told us yet, I would have thought they would have emailed us this morning.
I didn't recieve an email today, what about everyone else?!
Original post by faheempa1
I didn't recieve an email today, what about everyone else?!

I didn't get a reply today either....hmmm..wait till monday?
Same, I didn't get an email today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending