The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
I just hope Air Traffic Control diverts planes from Asia to Heathrow up to Manchester Airport, should go some way to easing congestion on the trains up :biggrin:

That's seriously racist and stereotypical.

I expect a good game, don't think you'll have that mental block against us in the cup though. I can see you taking a draw back to Emirates and then just knocking us out tbh.
Original post by LoTelli

I expect a good game, don't think you'll have that mental block against us in the cup though. I can see you taking a draw back to Emirates and then just knocking us out tbh.

Racist in what way?

I feel more confident than most posters, but still think you'll beat us tbh
Original post by leinad2012
Racist in what way?

I feel more confident than most posters, but still think you'll beat us tbh

Nah don't think we will. Looks like Wenger is willing to defend deeper now, and all our chances against you came on the counter attack, and in any case we're at home so the crowd will expect us to be on the front foot, and we have zero ****ing incision at the moment. In addition to this, you'll have Giroud up front who lets be honest is more of an offensive threat than Welbeck (who'll most likely play on the wings) so your conversion rate will increase. I'm really not as confident as other people, I don't think the mental block will transfer to the cup.
Original post by LoTelli
Nah don't think we will. Looks like Wenger is willing to defend deeper now, and all our chances against you came on the counter attack, and in any case we're at home so the crowd will expect us to be on the front foot, and we have zero ****ing incision at the moment. In addition to this, you'll have Giroud up front who lets be honest is more of an offensive threat than Welbeck (who'll most likely play on the wings) so your conversion rate will increase. I'm really not as confident as other people, I don't think the mental block will transfer to the cup.

Yes, but the sitting deep can backfire massively (see Tottenham game for more details :cool:), Giroud has been solid this year but I still wouldn't be surprised if we attacked for most of the game only for Rooney to grab a winner, probably even Falcao knowing how **** we are against you, to be followed by Szc sucking on his bottle as though it is his mothers' teet.

Also, will Wilshere be back by March? Scrappy Doo will be guaranteed to start on Fellaini again if he plays.

Just hoping that LVG hasn't realised he'd be better off dropping RVP and Falcao and having Rooney upfront with Fellaini at CAM/CF and Di Maria on one wing and Young on the other with Blind and Herrera sitting deep in a conventional 4-2-3-1 with B2B CDM and CAM central midfield
Original post by LoTelli

The last time we played Arsenal in the cup we beat them with a midfield consisting of Rafael Gibson O'Shea and Fabio. Then the time before that, we won 4-0 and contributed towards the complete collapse of their season. We've also beaten them in 2 semi finals and completely outplayed them in the 2005 final, only losing on penalties.

I'm not worried at all. We all know what's going to happen, Arsenal will have all the possession without doing much with it and then we'll kill them off with a counter or two or three. Then their fans will moan to Robbie about De Gea/the referee/Wenger Out etc whilst completely ignoring the deficiencies in their own side.
As I said, the (big) club that hasn't beaten a post-Fergie Man Utd side...

NEVER WILL
Original post by shawn_o1
As I said, the (big) club that hasn't beaten a post-Fergie Man Utd side...

NEVER WILL

You're gonna look like quite the fool when Oli G scores a hat-trick and shatters Utd's dreams of silverware this season.
Original post by Stalin
You're gonna look like quite the fool when Oli G scores a hat-trick and shatters Utd's dreams of silverware this season.

I don't care. If Arsenal do beat man utd (unlikely) they've still come last in a certain race. guess what it's called
Legit does anyone have any idea who Shawn supports

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
I don't care. If Arsenal do beat man utd (unlikely) they've still come last in a certain race. guess what it's called

We'll finish above Utd in the league - so which race are you referring to? The race to qualify for the Europa?
Original post by sr90
The last time we played Arsenal in the cup we beat them with a midfield consisting of Rafael Gibson O'Shea and Fabio. Then the time before that, we won 4-0 and contributed towards the complete collapse of their season. We've also beaten them in 2 semi finals and completely outplayed them in the 2005 final, only losing on penalties.

I'm not worried at all. We all know what's going to happen, Arsenal will have all the possession without doing much with it and then we'll kill them off with a counter or two or three. Then their fans will moan to Robbie about De Gea/the referee/Wenger Out etc whilst completely ignoring the deficiencies in their own side.

You never know it might be different this time, luck has to change eventually, and it did against City this year.
Original post by Stalin
We'll finish above Utd in the league - so which race are you referring to? The race to qualify for the Europa?

The "race to beat post-Fergie United". Clearly all the other big clubs are ahead
Shawn that joke is air no offence.
#AskGibbs and #AskKoscielny on Twitter have predictably been hijacked by trolls. Arsenal's social media dept aren't the best are they?
Original post by sr90
#AskGibbs and #AskKoscielny on Twitter have predictably been hijacked by trolls. Arsenal's social media dept aren't the best are they?

Every club does it and every club has them hijacked by trolls, why do they even bother?
Rofl at drinking the water bottle. Going to do that from now on whenever I'm in an awkward social situation.
Original post by sr90

What was said? :biggrin:
Team for Palace then? Ideally Sanchez/Walcott will get a game to find some sharpness for Monaco but hard to know who to leave out. Always feel like Welbeck is decent in these kind of aways though so he should start. Maybe Jack Wilshere will get some came time as well if we're doing well. I'd play Bellerin/Monreal vs Monaco and the English wing backs tomorrow. And Szczesny needs a recall

I'll have Szczesny, Chambers, Kosc, Mert, Gibbs, Coquelin, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud?
Original post by sr90

Just hope Van Gaal doesnt win the cup tbh. Scraping past 3 League 1 sides, then pulling off the non-event of a Utd win vs Arsenal is a sickening way for him to get to Wembley given how poor Utd really are.
Original post by Zürich
Just hope Van Gaal doesnt win the cup tbh. Scraping past 3 League 1 sides, then pulling off the non-event of a Utd win vs Arsenal is a sickening way for him to get to Wembley given how poor Utd really are.

Hey, Cambridge are a League Two side!

I hope we face Bradford and then West Brom or someone like that. Let's Chelsea our way to the trophy.

Latest