The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Anyone in Liverpool heard anything??
Original post by Jukie
Anyone in Liverpool heard anything??

Nothing at all. Not sure what is happening.

Have you heard anything yourself about your start date ?
Reply 502
Unfortunately not! My thoughts were that our shift preferences/part time hours required forms had to be in by 16/2 so they would then look at what they already had in full/part time posts, schedule training etc. Notify us Weds/Thurs then tell Manpower how many full/part time posts were left and you would all be notified Thurs/Fri but now I am doubting if we will hear this week, so frustrating.
Original post by Jukie
Unfortunately not! My thoughts were that our shift preferences/part time hours required forms had to be in by 16/2 so they would then look at what they already had in full/part time posts, schedule training etc. Notify us Weds/Thurs then tell Manpower how many full/part time posts were left and you would all be notified Thurs/Fri but now I am doubting if we will hear this week, so frustrating.

I doubt we will hear anything in the immediate future. There really is no reasonable justification as to why they are taking this long.
Reply 504
Original post by missfohal
I doubt we will hear anything in the immediate future. There really is no reasonable justification as to why they are taking this long.

Sounds like they are only just starting to sort staffing levels rotas etc which I would have expected to have been done a long time ago.
Original post by Jukie
Sounds like they are only just starting to sort staffing levels rotas etc which I would have expected to have been done a long time ago.

Exactly. Not sure what to make of it
Reply 506
Exactly. Not sure what to make of it

Nothing here still!
Reply 507
Original post by jen89
Yeah didn't realise we would be doin set shifts thought it would be Rota hopefully get preferred shifts fingers crossed

Have you heard anything Jen89?
Original post by Jukie
Nothing here still!

Nothing here either. And so it continues.........
Reply 509
Nothing here either. And so it continues.........

Must be so frustrating for you they could have at least emailed you another update. I have been holding back booking hold etc but can't wait any longer, lost interest now must admit.
Reply 510
Original post by Jukie
Have you heard anything Jen89?

nope not heard anything I don't think we will either till about march ive just got a feeling they wont start us till April tho as its the new tax year so kinda makes sense but guess they could still inform people
Original post by Jukie
Must be so frustrating for you they could have at least emailed you another update. I have been holding back booking hold etc but can't wait any longer, lost interest now must admit.

Me too. For a government agency, their communication is abysmal, but then what else can we expect. An update would do at this point, but seems that even that is like gold dust !
Original post by jen89
nope not heard anything I don't think we will either till about march ive just got a feeling they wont start us till April tho as its the new tax year so kinda makes sense but guess they could still inform people

What position & office have you gone for Jen ?
Hi everyone,

I applied for the PO3 role for the Liverpool office. Had my face to face int on 05/12/14, got a conditional offer on 22/12/14, and was told my security checks have been successful around a week and a half ago. I think it is a really lengthy process. Can anyone who applied for Liverpool let me know if they have a start date yet? I have to give 4 weeks notice to my current job so Im getting a little worried.

Hannah x
Reply 514
Original post by Hannahd91
Hi everyone,

I applied for the PO3 role for the Liverpool office. Had my face to face int on 05/12/14, got a conditional offer on 22/12/14, and was told my security checks have been successful around a week and a half ago. I think it is a really lengthy process. Can anyone who applied for Liverpool let me know if they have a start date yet? I have to give 4 weeks notice to my current job so Im getting a little worried.

Hannah x

No, no start dates yet my checks were completed a month ago. I have had email asking what notice I have to give etc and a shift preference form to complete which had to be back by 16/2 but not heard since despite asking for an update.
It takes so long doesn't it. Did you just get a sort of automated email letting you know the security was complete? And how long after that did you receive a request for how much notice you need to give and details of shift patterns? Suppose I better just wait and be patient eh! Thanks for any info X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 516
It takes so long doesn't it. Did you just get a sort of automated email letting you know the security was complete? And how long after that did you receive a request for how much notice you need to give and details of shift patterns? Suppose I better just wait and be patient eh! Thanks for any info X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I waited just over 2 weeks to hear from recruitment manager.
Hi everyone,

Hannah x

Hi Hannah

I had two interviews for PO1 & PO3 first one being 11th December and the second one being 15th December. I haven't even found out if I have been successful yet......
Reply 518
What position & office have you gone for Jen ?

Hi

I applied for po3 Liverpool x
Reply 519
I found out that my friends friend has only just started in Southport though and that's were we do our training for Liverpool so perhaps they have to train Southport roles first as is their office we are training at.

I'd just try not to think bout it to much its well known process is a long winded one and will eventually hear from them x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending