The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5720
Original post by Elliss_6
Offer from RVC!! Can't actually believe it!!!

Did it just come through now? and are you international?
Rejected by RVC 😞 already been rejected by bristol, liverpool haven't said anything since the WE form and if RVC rejected me then I'm sure nottingham will too 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex15
Rejected by RVC 😞 already been rejected by bristol, liverpool haven't said anything since the WE form and if RVC rejected me then I'm sure nottingham will too 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's still hope from nottingham, I know everyone seems to be saying this but we just have to grit our teeth and hope for the best! Not the most ideal situation but there's still a chance ! I've been rejected by bristol and nottingham so the fact you had an interview there is good!

Also if you don't mind me asking what time did you hear from RVC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know I'm going to be rejected from RVC so I'm just waiting for that email to come through, the anticipation is nauseating :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my god !!! RVC offer !! Nearly fell down the stairs and my dog officially thinks I'm a loony with all the screaming I've been doing...
Original post by Gabriellameow
There's still hope from nottingham, I know everyone seems to be saying this but we just have to grit our teeth and hope for the best! Not the most ideal situation but there's still a chance ! I've been rejected by bristol and nottingham so the fact you had an interview there is good!

Also if you don't mind me asking what time did you hear from RVC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The ucas track email just came through, haven't heard directly from RVC yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't lose hope. Different university's look for different qualities. I got rejected by RVC and was sure I was gonna be rejected by all others, as I thought my RVC Interview went fine and my other interviews went badly, but the next week I got an offer from Bristol! So keep your hopes up!
Original post by greencat55
Don't lose hope. Different university's look for different qualities. I got rejected by RVC and was sure I was gonna be rejected by all others, as I thought my RVC Interview went fine and my other interviews went badly, but the next week I got an offer from Bristol! So keep your hopes up!

I don't have the right work experience for Liv though so they'll reject me soon and notts are so much more selective than RVC so I highly doubt I'll get a place there now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing from the RVC :')

Soz for bad mouthing your VIP English lawn sports club :'( No hard feelings?

Congrats folks with offers! :biggrin: Good job all of you :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fran7
Did it just come through now? and are you international?

Yeah it just came through at about 6 and a bit later through UCAS! No not international, I had my interview on 11th Dec
Reply 5730
Yeah it just came through at about 6 and a bit later through UCAS! No not international, I had my interview on 11th Dec

Still nothing :frown: mine was the 15th for accelerated
Its worth looking at other subjects if you think you will get rejected across the board and want to go to Uni this year.
Think seriously about Medical Sciences
...... Bristol http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cellmolmed/...duate/degrees/
Or Wildlife/Conservation ..... Salford http://www.salford.ac.uk/ug-courses/wildlife-and-practical-conservation

What Uni http://www.whatuni.com/ is a good site to see what other 'animal' courses are out there.
There will still be places in Extra which opens next Wednesday (25 Feb) : https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/f...icant-faqs.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)
Well done to those getting an offer. Just got rejected from rvc.
anyone know when will edinburgh reply? i ha mt interview on 21/1
Original post by Fran7
Still nothing :frown: mine was the 15th for accelerated

Hey I wouldn't worry! Mine is for the normal vet med so nothing to do with yours! :smile:
Reply 5734
Hey I wouldn't worry! Mine is for the normal vet med so nothing to do with yours! :smile:

Just hoping i get an answer soon!
Original post by jackyotto

I'm guessing you're a Scottish or international applicant if you were interviewed so early on? In my interview invitation email it said that decisions will be made in the week commencing 24th March, but that might only apply to English/Welsh/NI applicants? :dontknow:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I'm guessing you're a Scottish or international applicant if you were interviewed so early on? In my interview invitation email it said that decisions will be made in the week commencing 24th March, but that might only apply to English/Welsh/NI applicants? :dontknow:

Yes, I am international.
According to the stat they gave us at the interview, they interviewed 23 and 32 got in last year for international...
If the stat are right, I got rejected with 0% chance!!
Makes me think I am special:tongue:
Yes, I am international.
According to the stat they gave us at the interview, they interviewed 23 and 32 got in last year for international...
If the stat are right, I got rejected with 0% chance!!
Makes me think I am special:tongue:

Ermm... well if that were the case sorry about the rejection but congratulations on your ability to transcend the rules of maths? :lol: That's quite the achievement.

In seriousness though I know some offers have been given out for Ed, not sure about rejections yet. Possibly they're keeping some people on hold until all of the interviews are done? I know it's old rhetoric and I'm losing faith myself but but no news is good news!

Hi there :smile: Sorry to hear about the RVC x I got an email from them back in January saying that we wont hear of any decisions until early March. So hopefully wont be that long til we hear from them :smile:
Congrats to all those with RVC offers, but I've heard absolutely nothing from them since my interview in December, and don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing (it's just plain frustrating) as I know that some people have heard about rejections and not just about offers...I have no idea!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending