UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Any Psychology firmers?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by binarythoughts
I'm not sold either

It's literally my best offer as well so I don't know what to do, why aren't you sold on it!
just got my computer science offer :P
A in further maths and A in physics
Reply 1023
I'm not sold either

Original post by Aljabra
Will most people here be likely to firm UCL because I have an offer but I'm not 100% certain on the university can somebody sell it to me

It really depends on your courses, some courses in UCL are amazing whilst others are better elsewhere. I suggest researching it
Original post by Aljabra
It's literally my best offer as well so I don't know what to do, why aren't you sold on it!

From what I've researched and know, it doesn't appeal to me that much
And yeah ranking-wise it's my best offer but I'm just not that keen on it
Original post by Aljabra
Will most people here be likely to firm UCL because I have an offer but I'm not 100% certain on the university can somebody sell it to me

I'm not sold either

At the end of the day, your firm choice should be somewhere where you'll be happy to study for the next 4 years rather than somewhere respected and high in the league tables where you'll be miserable. I'm turning down my highest offer (Imperial) because I realised I really don't want to stay in London after being here all my life and in the long term I wouldn't be too happy.
Original post by hadrien_dc
Sent my application off in november as well. Portico still says "application received". Getting anxious

Same, sent my application in november and still waiting. I didn't even receive the questionnaire.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rifleboy123
At the end of the day, your firm choice should be somewhere where you'll be happy to study for the next 4 years rather than somewhere respected and high in the league tables where you'll be miserable. I'm turning down my highest offer (Imperial) because I realised I really don't want to stay in London after being here all my life and in the long term I wouldn't be too happy.

Yeah you're so right! It's not ucl as such it's the thought of being a student in london
From what I've researched and know, it doesn't appeal to me that much
And yeah ranking-wise it's my best offer but I'm just not that keen on it

What have you applied for? See for my course it's 8th best in the world so I should really accept the offer I just don't know
Original post by Aljabra
What have you applied for? See for my course it's 8th best in the world so I should really accept the offer I just don't know

Law
Like someone else mentioned, don't choose it just because it's highly ranked. If you feel you won't enjoy yourself or if the course isn't best suited to you, consider your other offers.
Law
Like someone else mentioned, don't choose it just because it's highly ranked. If you feel you won't enjoy yourself or if the course isn't best suited to you, consider your other offers.

Haha the problem is the rest rejected me
Original post by Aljabra
Haha the problem is the rest rejected me

Then I suppose you don't have a choice unless you're considering a gap year
What were your other choices?
Then I suppose you don't have a choice unless you're considering a gap year
What were your other choices?

Ox n durham (rejections) I do have an offer from bristol but not so keen either and still waiting on one more
Original post by Aljabra
Ox n durham (rejections) I do have an offer from bristol but not so keen either and still waiting on one more

I didn't get into Oxford either
Anyway good luck!
I didn't get into Oxford either
Anyway good luck!

The interview was great but yeah same! You too :smile:
Original post by Aljabra

What's your offer for?:smile:
When I went to the open day everyone was so friendly. It seems quite social especially in first year since most of the student said their workload was ''very manageable'' so they have quite a lot of free time. There are certain advantages to firming e.g. I met someone who's offer was A*AA and he got A*AB and got in, they are pretty lenient if you miss your offer.
Original post by sr234
What's your offer for?:smile:
When I went to the open day everyone was so friendly. It seems quite social especially in first year since most of the student said their workload was ''very manageable'' so they have quite a lot of free time. There are certain advantages to firming e.g. I met someone who's offer was A*AA and he got A*AB and got in, they are pretty lenient if you miss your offer.

It's for philosophy and modern languages! Ah I haven't ever seen it on an open day only really seen the buildings/campus so I'm basing my decision on that and also on people who I know who study there! Really should see it properly. Do you have an offer?
Original post by Aljabra
It's for philosophy and modern languages! Ah I haven't ever seen it on an open day only really seen the buildings/campus so I'm basing my decision on that and also on people who I know who study there! Really should see it properly. Do you have an offer?

Ah cool! Yh I have an offer for economics.
Don't know if I'm firming yet. Yh you should definitely visit, especially if you haven't been to London. I live in a small city so London is very different and it's a case of personal preference whether you would like it there! :smile:
Original post by sr234
Ah cool! Yh I have an offer for economics.
Don't know if I'm firming yet. Yh you should definitely visit, especially if you haven't been to London. I live in a small city so London is very different and it's a case of personal preference whether you would like it there! :smile:

Where else do you have offers from :smile: did you get a good vibe from ucl on the open day?
Original post by Aljabra
Where else do you have offers from :smile: did you get a good vibe from ucl on the open day?

I only have 2 offers so far (from UCL and Bristol):frown:
I'm still waiting for decisions from LSE and Warwick! Wbu?
I did, but it was more of a '' I can see myself here '' than '' I really want to come '' if that makes sense:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending